Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Rookie Poster

Default Re: How to Add Images on the New Site

Is there a way in Settings, or whatever, to ditch the puny Thumbnails, and go back to where the pictures were sized when viewed were back in the olden days, before the "upgrade"? The thumbnails make navigating through the posts very time consuming. They do not show enough detail upon first glance.

I fear one has "Paved Paradise and Put Up a Parking Lot".....

2 out of 2 members liked this post.

Senior Member Platinum Poster hardiron4u's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GroobySteven View Post
    I'm not sure we're going to put that feature back. Will see if it's simple enough to do - otherwise skip it.
    Thanks for the reinstatement of "My Ratings" found it under Settings.

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

A Very Grooby Guy Platinum Poster GroobySteven's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Voyager7 View Post
    Is there a way in Settings, or whatever, to ditch the puny Thumbnails, and go back to where the pictures were sized when viewed were back in the olden days, before the "upgrade"? The thumbnails make navigating through the posts very time consuming. They do not show enough detail upon first glance.

No.
    It allows for better page viewer and faster loading.
    If the thumbsnails are too small for you that they're making it time consuming please click here

I actually love the clickable thumbnail approach. It stops "the endless scroll down" and you can place the pics in various parts of your posts without too much effort. Good Job!

Rookie Poster

Again, your solution was one which did not have an original problem from this PL's perspective. I have a 3 year old notebook, and 'merikan exceptional cable modem connection which probably ranks 50th or so in the world as far as speed goes. Never had a problem loading or viewing the past web site. Just needed to occasional touch the page down key. If you have a storage problem, get rid of the posts from year's past.

Again, your solution was one which did not have an original problem from this PL's perspective. I have a 3 year old notebook, and 'merikan exceptional cable modem connection which probably ranks 50th or so in the world as far as speed goes. Never had a problem loading or viewing the past web site. Just needed to occasional touch the page down key. If you have a storage problem, get rid of the posts from year's past.
    Or get rid of people who've been here for 8 years - and participated 22 times with most of them being complaints?

We've made changes we feel are for the better for ALL members and to keep Hungangels.com running well - we've done more drastic changes then this before - and if Vbulltin open new options, will look at them.

Rookie Poster

I'd like to call it constructive criticism.

I'd like to call it constructive criticism.
    Me too - and we base our changes on that and what we feel works. I don't see the issue, other than some people are resilient to any form of change. Pages load better, pages look better, images can be viewed as a set and clicked on ones they want full size.

2 out of 2 members liked this post.

Junior Member Rookie Poster

There are a load of other options incl. inserting images inline (so you can create a post that looks more like a blog or magazine) but leave that to the more experienced user or for what you get adventurous.
    Add questions here about image posting.
    The way to add images to your posts is a little different on this version of vBulltin so here is a walkthru.
    Once you know it, it's much easier and allows you to upload a number of images at the same time, saving a lot of time. Most people have figured it out already but for those that haven't here you go;

1. Create new post and enter text.
    2. To upload images, click on the paperclip at the top toolbar (next to smiley face).
    3. Click "add files" - and when the window opens, "select files". Find where your images are on your hard-drive (the same as the last version).
    4. What you can now do is hold down shift and select a number of images at one time, which appear in the box. When ready to add them, click "upload files".
    5. You now should have these images in your screen. Click on the ones, select or deselect the ones you want to show and press done.
    6. Images will show on your post.

SCROLL PAST THIS POST, TO THE NEXT POST FOR OPTIONS.
    Wow. Let's play u and I

Junior Poster

this...clickable thumbnails setting is lame...sorry.