Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Senior Member Gold Poster Laphroaig's Avatar

Default Re: How to Add Images on the New Site

Is there a maximum file size limit for uploading?
    I've looked and can't find that info but I've tried uploading a couple of pics that were >1 Mb and both failed.

Bug Hunter and Fixer-Upper Rookie Poster

Yep, maximum size of 1Mb for jpg images I'm afraid. It's a big size for a web image, but you can try reducing your file size it either by using a program on your computer or using this free image editor:
    http://apps.pixlr.com/editor/

Try reducing the size of the image (Image > Image Size...) or lowering the quality a little when you save it. Small lowering of quality won't be noticeable at all.

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

Thanks for the reply. Not a problem, I've got Photoshop Elements if I need to reduce the filesize.

I recently noticed that I can only post one image at a time . Anybody else having this problem ? Did something change on this site or perhaps it's my computer ?
    In other words , I usually post images from 'My Pictures' from 'My Computer' and I used to be able to 'select' multiple images to post and than just hit 'upload' and it would post the images in the order that I selected them . Now it only allows me to 'select' one image at a time and I than have to 'upload ' that image before proceeding to 'select' the next one . If I try to select multiple images it only uploads the last one that I selected.

filghy2 Silver Poster

Seems to be working fine for me. Are you clicking on the + button after choosing the first file? That should bring up another 'choose file' button. It sounds like you are clicking the first 'choose file' button again.

2 out of 2 members liked this post.
    Last edited by filghy2; 04-06-2017 at 08:53 AM.

Professional Poster

Make sure you click 'command/control' when selecting more than 1 image...

Quote Originally Posted by sukumvit boy View Post
    I recently noticed that I can only post one image at a time . Anybody else having this problem ? Did something change on this site or perhaps it's my computer ?
    In other words , I usually post images from 'My Pictures' from 'My Computer' and I used to be able to 'select' multiple images to post and than just hit 'upload' and it would post the images in the order that I selected them . Now it only allows me to 'select' one image at a time and I than have to 'upload ' that image before proceeding to 'select' the next one . If I try to select multiple images it only uploads the last one that I selected.
    I think I've had the same thing as you for the past month or two. Can only upload 1 pic at a time. Using Firefox (latest version).

Quote Originally Posted by filghy2 View Post
    Seems to be working fine for me. Are you clicking on the + button after choosing the first file? That should bring up another 'choose file' button. It sounds like you are clicking the first 'choose file' button again.
    Any chance of a screenshot as an example as I don't see a + button when uploading? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by gmb View Post
    Make sure you click 'command/control' when selecting more than 1 image...
    As above, I don't see that option either.

I suspect that there are several ways to upload images and also that it may be browser related.

On a related note, different browsers definitely work differently on this site. There's posts where I can't see an uploaded/linked image on Firefox, but it's clearly displayed on Opera, which can be confusing...

Professional Poster

Command/control is on your keyboard, it's not an option on the screen...

Gold Poster

I suspect they're not Mac users - if they were they'd have command and control

Quote Originally Posted by Laphroaig View Post
    I think I've had the same thing as you for the past month or two. Can only upload 1 pic at a time. Using Firefox (latest version).

Any chance of a screenshot as an example as I don't see a + button when uploading? Thanks.

As above, I don't see that option either.

I suspect that there are several ways to upload images and also that it may be browser related.

On a related note, different browsers definitely work differently on this site. There's posts where I can't see an uploaded/linked image on Firefox, but it's clearly displayed on Opera, which can be confusing...
    Thanks to you all so much for your help. I still haven't been able to clear up this problem.
    Like Laphroaig I have been having this problem beginning about a month ago .I tried the hitting the Ctrl button on my keyboard after selecting the first image but nothing happens . Like Laphroaig I also don't see the + button anywhere on the insert image screen ,that's what has changed from before this problem started .
    Before this started it would display a drop down list of the images as I selected them and than when I clicked on 'upload ' it would display the list and check them off with a green check mark as the computer uploaded each one of them.That's what it doesn't do anymore .
    I use the Google browser in Windows 10 and have been using it since before this problem started.

Last edited by sukumvit boy; 04-07-2017 at 09:45 PM.