Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast
    Member Rookie Poster

Default Re: The Strange Story of Veronica Bolina

Quote Originally Posted by Donkey View Post
    Why is everyone assuming she will go to prison? Even in the USA, people do not go to prison for her crimes. Certainly, it's not guaranteed.
    she bit a cops ear off. yes she is going to prison, and i dare you to go bite a cops ear off in the usa. you will end up shot dead or going straight to prison.

4 out of 4 members liked this post.

Senior Member Professional Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Donkey View Post
    Why is everyone assuming she will go to prison? Even in the USA, people do not go to prison for her crimes. Certainly, it's not guaranteed.
    Because she beat up an Elderly Woman,And put her in coma,And bit off an Cop's Ear,Yes she is going to prison,For along time.

1 out of 1 members liked this post.
    Last edited by knighthawk; 04-21-2015 at 04:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ktkraft View Post
    and i dare you to go bite a cops ear off in the usa. you will end up shot dead
    or asfixiated in the street...

0 out of 2 members liked this post.

Quote Originally Posted by fred41 View Post
    I'm sorry, are you a close friend of hers? Then perhaps you can share some input as to what she's really like. Is this aberrational behavior for her? Is she always violent, sometimes violent, never violent...shows occasional violent tendencies...does she have a criminal history of any type?

you said this did not happen in her full conscious state and that you are sure of that. What about her past, that you know of, do you base that comment on?
    Dear Fred,

I do not know her, but I strongly believe every person is born a good person ... some people do need some more help than others to stay on the the right track, or be pushed back on to it. I really do think no sane person in the world dreams of (really wants to) hurting another one. Doing so is an act of dispair, in this situation, there were and are only losers unfortunately. And I agree with Raphael, the phone call sounded like a cry for help ... but I'm no expert!!!

as I said I was speechless, I feel sorry for ALL the victims: no one deserves this shit.

A.

--- freedom of speech does not mean freedom to insult ---

Junior Member Rookie Poster

Nice to see authorities moving on this. Hopefully she will get proper medical treatment as well. I have compassion for the lawyer but my heart goes out to Veronica too.
    =============
    http://www.abc-7.com/story/28865193/...brutal-beating

Brazilian transgender woman accuses police of brutal beating

Posted: Apr 22, 2015 1:21 AM CDT
    Updated: Apr 22, 2015 1:21 AM CDT

By Shasta Darlington CNN

SAO PAULO, Brazil (CNN) -- A Brazilian transgender woman has accused police of brutally beating her, shaving her head and stripping her of her clothes.

Veronica Bolina was arrested on April 12, accused of assaulting an elderly neighbor and attempted murder.

When photos of Bolina with her face disfigured appeared on social media in subsequent days, officials opened an investigation.

There are pictures of Bolina, allegedly during her arrest, with her shirt ripped off, her hands handcuffed behind her back and her feet chained together. There are also closeups of her face, allegedly taken at a later date, with both eyes swollen shut and her mouth swollen.

Sao Paulo city authorities responsible for gender issues interviewed Bolina on Friday. She told them she was assaulted by police on three different occasions. She also admitted to biting one of her jailers in the male detention center.

In initial interviews with police and other authorities, Bolina denied she was tortured by police, saying she attacked them. But she later said she had been coerced into making those statements with the promise of a lightened jail sentence.

The photos have outraged activists and prompted supporters to declare #SomosTodasVeronica or "We are all Veronica".

Sao Paulo authorities say the public defender's office is investigating the matter and working to ensure Bolina is permanently transferred to a detention center where she can have an individual cell and use women's clothing.
    The mixing of powerful drugs was the main contributor to this mess perhaps.
    When you're using drugs, you're driven by this mystical black energy, a force inside you that just won't quit. [...] I've seen it so many times with addicts. You can see that they're controlled by dark energy, the way they look, their appearance, their voice, their behavior, it's not them. ― Anthony Kiedis, Scar Tissue

Veteran Poster

"The photos have outraged activists and prompted supporters to declare #SomosTodasVeronica"

Are we all the elderly lady who was beaten too?

3 out of 7 members liked this post.

I'm definitely not a demented crack head that harasses elderly women and chews off the ears of cops like I'm on some Mike Tyson shit.

Those who anger you control you

I Love music, any kind of music ~ The O'Jays

filghy2 Silver Poster

Surely we can condemn both what Veronica did and what the police did to her. Neither action justifies the other. Both are wrong and both deserve punishment. We don't have to take one side or the other.

Professional Poster lifeisfiction's Avatar

She kept a person's ear in her mouth. I wonder how many people would sit silently with some having a piece of their ear in another person's mouth. Imagine if she swallowed it. I don't think she went quietly when she was confronted.

2 out of 2 members liked this post.

Quote Originally Posted by Raphael View Post
    The mixing of powerful drugs was the main contributor to this mess perhaps.
    No ..the person taking the mix of powerful drugs was the main contributor to the mess. Drugs don't force their way into your system like some evil entity; you have to take them.

3 out of 3 members liked this post.