Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast

Default Re: The Strange Story of Veronica Bolina

Listen, it's noble to be compassionate...but if some of you honestly live by what you post (which isn't always likely, given the fact that this is the internet) then I believe some of you are just 'victims of all types of predators' waiting to happen.

...but hey, that's fine - because if something does happen to one of you, maybe one of your mates here will feel sorry for you...unless you're the victim of someone attractive...then you're shit out of luck...because they would then be a bigger victim than you...perhaps of a dysfunctional childhood or drugs or effects of the moon's gravity...and after all it's okay - you're still alive, just maybe a little maimed or crippled for life.

3 out of 3 members liked this post.
    Last edited by fred41; 04-25-2015 at 06:59 AM.

Gold Poster

Quote Originally Posted by zodiac View Post
    Dear Fred,
    I do not know her, but I strongly believe every person is born a good person ... some people do need some more help than others to stay on the the right track, or be pushed back on to it. I really do think no sane person in the world dreams of (really wants to) hurting another one.
    A.
    Some people can't be helped. I'm not saying that's the case with Veronica, but what you're saying is not consistent with what is known about a whole range of personality disorders. There are people who are perfectly sane who enjoy hurting others.

I have trouble believing anyone would hurt an old woman out of despair. Rage. Lack of control. That would sound plausible. But elder abuse is not a desperate act….but a cruel one.

Gold Poster

Quote Originally Posted by fred41 View Post
    some of you are just 'victims of all types of predators' waiting to happen.
    There are people who believe nobody does anything horrible unless they've suffered some serious injustice, abuse, or other aberrant condition. Then you point to people who had apparently normal childhood's who commit crimes. Or people who have suffered worse and committed no crime. You can then demonstrate that people around them have made every effort to reach out to help, and they will say not enough was done.

There are people who do dishonest things, and some who hurt others without provocation. Some were mistreated, some were taught bad things, some on drugs, some genetically predisposed, all culpable.

This is my longer way of saying…it's easy to forgive someone the further removed you are from the damage they've done.

Edit: Oh yeah, and as you said, the more attractive you find them.

2 out of 2 members liked this post.

they DO NOT ALLOW WEAVES IN PRISON. they will cut them out and remove the braids or the bonding

IMO this thread should be renamed the TRAGIC story of Veronica Bolina. Tragic for everyone involved.

1 out of 1 members liked this post.
    If I got a dime every time I read an ad with purloined photos I could retire right now. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6QjS0AbRpAo Andenzi, izimvo zakho ziyaba.

A Very Grooby Guy Platinum Poster GroobySteven's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by thx1138 View Post
    IMO this thread should be renamed the TRAGIC story of Veronica Bolina. Tragic for everyone involved.
    As it's ongoing, who knows how it is going to turn out?

Gold Poster

Quote Originally Posted by GroobySteven View Post
    Got tired of all the comments on Facebook about the transphobia going on here - so wrote a more informative blog post for those interested.
    http://grooby.com/groobysteven/uncat...ansphobia.html
    Thanks Steven. I had actually scoured the press for information about this story and what you wrote is more useful than what I've found elsewhere. I think you hit the nail on the head when you say the police violence may be an issue in its own right but that doesn't mean the police used the force they used because she's transsexual. I expect you'll get some abuse from reactionaries who want to simplify a complex series of events into a single slogan. A must read.

5 out of 5 members liked this post.

Junior Member Rookie Poster

As Christian and Louie both mentioned the real Veronica is very sweet, nice and very laid back so it was the drugs it seems. And we all condemn the resulting violence. The weak can never forgive as forgiveness is an attribute of the strong.

Quote Originally Posted by Raphael View Post
    The weak can never forgive as forgiveness is an attribute of the strong.
    There might be some strength in the actual victims, such as the elder woman and the maimed officer, forgiving her. If they don't , I would totally understand and it doesn't mean that they are weak.
    On the other hand, you forgiving her is just empty, meaningless rhetoric.

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

A Very Grooby Guy Platinum Poster GroobySteven's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Raphael View Post
    As Christian and Louie both mentioned the real Veronica is very sweet, nice and very laid back so it was the drugs it seems. And we all condemn the resulting violence. The weak can never forgive as forgiveness is an attribute of the strong.

Oh fuck off you soft shite. You have a choice of whether to do drugs, and every drug experience I've had has been positive. It's tossers like you looking for reasons, that so many people think it's ok to act out.