Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Default Re: Those US Police killers again!

http://www.addictinginfo.org/2015/06...y-bill-images/

This goes beyond race. It's war on the poor. According to the article, the home owner was arrested, but he was only charged with property code violations.

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

Senior Member Silver Poster

Quote Originally Posted by yodajazz View Post
    You don't seem like a bad person, and I agree with you, to an extent....
    I've been arrested a few times, so I guess I am a bad person, to an extent, since ONYOURKNEES and his friends have scampered off, it's up to me to pick up the slack and keep it fair and balanced. I think my point is in order to solve the problem, you must lay some blame for the American slums and ghettoes on the .....black people... but as soon as you do that you are racist, so what the fuck, man?
    You have to lay some of the blame on the black guy who scuffles with a cop, or resists arrest, or the large group of blacks that ignore police commands, or else you end up characterizing blacks as adult children who aren't responsible for their actions because whitey broke them.
    TO AN EXTENT, anyway.
    The majority of blacks have bought into the white man notion that you work a 40 hour week no matter how crappy it is and you pay your taxes. There is no law that says you have to work, but there might as well be. Doot, doo doo do doot dooooo...Livin' in the USA

World Class Asshole

It's the classic argument of individual responsibility, vs the society's responsibility, to treat individuals fairly, with equal rights for all. You cannot have a society with a caste system, and claim that, all the individuals of the caste are only responsible for their lives. And along with this, ignore the structure of the greater society. It is always true that people are responsible for their own behavior. And it is alway true that society should treat individuals fairly, especially when you have granted them full constitutional rights, already. Black America has been treated as the enemy, in something called "The war on drugs", has resulted in them being the most incarcerated population, in the developed world, or maybe the planet. At the very least, there is a process called 'selective enforcement', that alters outcomes of classes of people. Right now, I'm reading a book called, "The New Jim Crow", by Michelle Alexander. There are lots of statistics, that show significant differences in treatment of people (races).

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	11406965_10153989401393345_8084062975239824113_n.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	95.6 KB 
ID:	850771  

Avatar is not representative of the available product - contents may differ

Hung Angel Platinum Poster trish's Avatar

If being arrested meant being slammed around in the back of a police van until your bones were broken, or you're rendered unconscious or dead, would you just maybe have an inclination to "resist" arrest? Wouldn't you at least insist on knowing the reason for your arrest before you duck your head and enter the van? You have the right to know.
    And no...there is no law that a citizen has to do everything a policeman commands him to do. (That doesn't even apply to soldiers anymore...ever since Nuremberg.) You should never transgress upon human decency nor your own dignity no matter what the mas'er says. That being said, always keep in mind the talk your Mom and Dad had with you about being polite, reasonable, not making any sudden moves and keeping your hands visible at all times.

http://thedailyshow.cc.com/videos/4d...unity-policing

"...I no longer believe that people's secrets are defined and communicable, or their feelings full-blown and easy to recognize."_Alice Munro, Chaddeleys and Flemings.

"...the order in creation which you see is that which you have put there, like a string in a maze, so that you shall not lose your way". _Judge Holden, Cormac McCarthy's, BLOOD MERIDIAN.

Painting all blacks as thugs, career criminals, stupid, liars, ......that's called racism. But these ARE the people that the police have to deal with time after time. Cheering when OJ gets away with murder, awarding criminals with million dollar lawsuits because they run away from the police, this is not the way to eliminate racism.
    If I were black, I would be pissed off about racial profiling, for sure. But I would not protest by stealing a car, or not paying my child support, or breaking into someone else's pool to have a party with my friends.

EVERY society is a caste system, to some extent. Whites are 70% of America, western European. There are now more Hispanics than Blacks, but we're not changing immigration laws to make illegal immigrants happy.

Behind the scenes there is a struggle between Obama and Employers over what minimum wage means. The employers want minimum wage to mean the cheapest possible pay they can get away with. Obama wants minimum wage to mean health insurance, dignity, pride.
    The country would have actually rebounded faster if Obama had caved and let employers hire employees on their terms. But then we would go right back to the Bush years, and all the stuff that was happening behind the scenes then.

How much money will that bodacious big tittied little girl get from being thrown to the ground by a crazy white cop who blew a gasket? Enough to end racism? Should we triple the pay of the police so we can get some Harvard Educated lawyers in uniform to drive around and chase uppity jigs at pool partys?

As long as blacks do not cooperate with the police, and will not police themselves, ...uh, there's going to be a problem.

World Class Asshole

Yes mas'ser. Whatever you say. We'll stay out of "your" pool even though we bought a season membership pass. But there's going to be a problem as long as bully cops strong-arm, shoot and kill some citizens and not others, basing their "whim" on their perception of race and privilege. Why can you not recognize that no amount of talking back or lingering is an excuse for abusive behavior on the part of the police.

BTW: There is no causative link between the ACA and the rate of employment. Wall Street had a record recovery for years now. The Bush economic collapse gave corporations the excuse to get rid of employers and either ship those jobs overseas or automate them. They aren't coming back anytime soon.

"...I no longer believe that people's secrets are defined and communicable, or their feelings full-blown and easy to recognize."_Alice Munro, Chaddeleys and Flemings.

"...the order in creation which you see is that which you have put there, like a string in a maze, so that you shall not lose your way". _Judge Holden, Cormac McCarthy's, BLOOD MERIDIAN.

I don't think a white person can understand racism, and I don't think white people can heal the anger black people hold for them. So I guess the beat goes on. Wishing the cops would be nice is like wishing criminals would be nice.

In Court, you are presumed innocent. But on the street ...if you don't think you're presumed guilty until proven otherwise, you're a starry eyed idiot. The cops own the streets.

World Class Asshole

Maybe I missed something on the video, but it seemed like the police had it under control peacefully until Officer Casebolt showed up doing his acrobatics and manhandling the girl. The guy's a loose cannon, and that community is safer without him.

Wishing the cops would be nice is like wishing criminals would be nice.
    Nice? I just want the police to act lawfully: and perhaps with reason and respect.