Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Senior Member Silver Poster

Default Re: Those US Police killers again!

Quote Originally Posted by goatman View Post
    Sooo, I'm guessing you never got busted for buying & you've since kicked the habit?
    I don't even drink or smoke cigarettes anymore, TOO OLD!!

Bottom line, the whiteman is losing his power in the USA, even the blackman is going to be squeezed by the Mexicans, and the Asians.

The name WASHINGTON REDSKINS will be changed. Not because it's the right thing to do, but because they're gonna get squeezed.

And Martin, you Brits weren't so concerned about the plight of the underdog when you were colonizing the entire world and up to your ears in the slave trade!

I predict a certain amount of favor will sway towards the white cop at trial-time, simply as a thank you to the white cop that arrested so many negro gangstas, alimony-evaders, etc etc etc.

Q) How many New York City policemen does it take to push a black man down the stairs?
    A) None. He fell.

Millions of law abiding US Citizens don't like to see people getting away with shit. It's not enough they work hard, save their money and play by the rules.
    There is a feeling among white people that black people will not pull their own weight unless forced to.

Yes, I am messing with you guys a bit, provoking, and enflaming, I think a joke is a joke, a fight is a fight but WHAT"S RIGHT IS WHAT'S RIGHT

I don't believe in Communism, but I do believe in Unions. There are thousands and thousands of black cops that aren't Uncle Toms. They are the ones who are going to change things.

1 out of 1 members liked this post.
    World Class Asshole

Senior Member Junior Poster goatman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by buttslinger View Post
    I don't even drink or smoke cigarettes anymore, TOO OLD!!

Bottom line, the whiteman is losing his power in the USA, even the blackman is going to be squeezed by the Mexicans, and the Asians.

The name WASHINGTON REDSKINS will be changed. Not because it's the right thing to do, but because they're gonna get squeezed.

And Martin, you Brits weren't so concerned about the plight of the underdog when you were colonizing the entire world and up to your ears in the slave trade!

I predict a certain amount of favor will sway towards the white cop at trial-time, simply as a thank you to the white cop that arrested so many negro gangstas, alimony-evaders, etc etc etc.

Q) How many New York City policemen does it take to push a black man down the stairs?
    A) None. He fell.

Millions of law abiding US Citizens don't like to see people getting away with shit. It's not enough they work hard, save their money and play by the rules.
    There is a feeling among white people that black people will not pull their own weight unless forced to.

Yes, I am messing with you guys a bit, provoking, and enflaming, I think a joke is a joke, a fight is a fight but WHAT"S RIGHT IS WHAT'S RIGHT

I don't believe in Communism, but I do believe in Unions. There are thousands and thousands of black cops that aren't Uncle Toms. They are the ones who are going to change things.
    We've had almost a half century of a counter-productive "War On Drugs"(complete with stupid mandatory sentencing guidelines), crumbling infrastructure , loss of native manufacturing base(& the necessary skill set), a sub-par educational system & a political/corporate class that panders to the worst human instincts & would rather import help than invest in its own citizens. A perfect storm for chaos.

Gold Poster

I realize you're just trying to be edgy/inflammatory Buttslinger. But I honestly think there's been a sea change here. People saw that video, were appalled and understand better why many black men are justifiably afraid of the police. I agree with Giovanni' post that nobody should run from the police during a questioning...and if the officer was tasered, that changes the complexion of what happened from a cold assassination to a simpler, less devious murder but a murder nonetheless.

As for your view that black people don't pull their weight, I've also heard people say the same thing. It's the type of thing people will say and believe regardless of the facts. It's how racism perpetuates itself, by confirmation bias. These people will view any black man who works hard as an exception (instead of the more logical option which is to re-evaluate the stereotype and discard it).

Here's the other thing...when a white man orders a black man to do his job or get fired, he is just demanding everyone pull his weight. But what if your employer is black and he/she orders you to do something or get fired? I am not playing race against race, but the fact is, nobody likes to think they are the loser in a power struggle. If you are an employer you see your subordinates as lazy and if you are the employed you see your boss as heartless and unable to account for your circumstances. As more African-Americans are in positions of power, we see more paranoia. Time to put aside the recrimination about who is pulling their weight and pay attention to the real issues! Unarmed people being shot speaks much more loudly than unconfirmed claims that some races are not pulling their weight.

Quote Originally Posted by goatman View Post
    We've had almost a half century of a counter-productive "War On Drugs"(complete with stupid mandatory sentencing guidelines), crumbling infrastructure , loss of native manufacturing base(& the necessary skill set), a sub-par educational system & a political/corporate class that panders to the worst human instincts & would rather import help than invest in its own citizens. A perfect storm for chaos.
    My posts are obviously for entertainment value only, any truth I throw in is just to confuse things even more, I agree with you, I think every one agrees with you, the problem is I don't know if there is anything that could REALISTICALLY be done to make the 1950s go on forever, back then you could clerk in a hardware store and support a family of five.
    It would be hard to find anyone who truthfully could have drawn up a plan to counteract all the problems that have risen over the past fifty years, and it would be IMPOSSIBLE to find the people who could have carried out that plan, America is successful because in a sense it counts on people being selfish and stacking up as much cash as they can, and then it taxes them. It counts on people competing with each other. It counts on people stepping on the hands of the people under them on the ladder. You never know what disaster or problem might arise, but you can bet the house that people will buy million dollar lottery tickets, even if the chances are ten million to one. I think if you took away the one percent of the Americans that mess up all the statistics, you'd find the living in Germany is a lot better than living here. Sieg Heil!!!

World Class Asshole

Quote Originally Posted by broncofan View Post
    I realize you're just trying to be edgy/inflammatory ..Unarmed people being shot speaks much more loudly than unconfirmed claims that some races are not pulling their weight.
    I think my point boils down to ....if you wanted to buy a house......where would you want to go to, a black neighborhood, or a white neighborhood? In other words, a RICH neighborhood, or a POOR neighborhood? You would be exactly the same guy, but in one house you would be surrounded by crime and misery, in the other house manicured lawns and laughing children.
    Do people in slums not carry their weight?

We could clean up ALL the bad neighborhoods right now- just pour money into them....that's what the Republicans say Obama is doing.

I liked that show THE WIRE where the black bosses were just as big an asshole as the white bosses. And the white teacher got the black kids to study math only if he showed them why math says the chances of rolling a six in craps is much better than rolling a twelve.

People never think of themselves as assholes, if one out of ten people think you're an asshole, you're probably OK, but if nine out of ten people think you're an asshole.....you're an asshole. Who speaks for all the assholes, aren't they Americans too? Do assholes deserve the same consideration as everyone else? I'm sure we as a nation would be much better off if we deported the assholes or put them in asshole camps.

Somewhere along the line you have to decide how much THE HAVES must invest in the HAVE NOTS.

All this has little to do with that shooting in Carolina. As the prices of cameras continues to go down, the Light of Truth is going to shine brighter. I hate fucking red light cameras. If that cop had a camera on his lapel, there wouldn't have been a shooting.

I have to go work in the yard it is a gorgeous day here.

World Class Asshole

Gold Poster

Quote Originally Posted by buttslinger View Post
    People never think of themselves as assholes, if one out of ten people think you're an asshole, you're probably OK, but if nine out of ten people think you're an asshole.....you're an asshole. Who speaks for all the assholes, aren't they Americans too? Do assholes deserve the same consideration as everyone else? I'm sure we as a nation would be much better off if we deported the assholes or put them in asshole camps.
    I'm not trying to lecture but I obviously have similarly strong views. It sounds to me like you're saying that we've gone so far in combatting bigotry that we don't think any behavior is blameworthy. I think that misunderstands what bigotry is.

It's perfectly okay to discriminate based on behavior. It's quite different from discrimination based on heritage. Bad behavior is easy enough to identify, so why then do people always try to use ethnicity as a proxy for behavioral patterns? Personally I think it's because people want to blame the innocent for the behavior of the guilty. I don't know why...but if someone doesn't like crime, they should blame criminals, not accuse entire ethnic groups of having criminal tendencies. Enjoy your yard, I'm going out myself.

Quote Originally Posted by trish View Post
    Hey, it's the natural benefit of allowing citizens to carry concealed firearms. That way you can always blow someone away on the grounds you were afraid they were gonna pull out their weapon and blow you away. It's great fun for everyone. You should come over here and try it. It's like paint ball, only it's not paint!
    I agree, guns both legal and illegal have gotten out of hand. In some of these states, every traffic stop is a potential shooting. It creates a hell of a lot more tension than would normally be necessary.

I also don't think every individual incident listed in the OP necessarily is an example of "Police Killers"...but hey, nothing like a little hyperbole...

but gee, I'm an American so I may not understand if this is meant to be sarcasm or not...

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

Just in : There's been a shooting/suicide by cop at the Capitol.

Quote Originally Posted by broncofan View Post
    I realize you're just trying to be edgy/inflammatory Buttslinger. But I honestly think there's been a sea change here. People saw that video, were appalled and understand better why many black men are justifiably afraid of the police. I agree with Giovanni' post that nobody should run from the police during a questioning...and if the officer was tasered, that changes the complexion of what happened from a cold assassination to a simpler, less devious murder but a murder nonetheless.

As for your view that black people don't pull their weight, I've also heard people say the same thing. It's the type of thing people will say and believe regardless of the facts. It's how racism perpetuates itself, by confirmation bias. These people will view any black man who works hard as an exception (instead of the more logical option which is to re-evaluate the stereotype and discard it).

Here's the other thing...when a white man orders a black man to do his job or get fired, he is just demanding everyone pull his weight. But what if your employer is black and he/she orders you to do something or get fired? I am not playing race against race, but the fact is, nobody likes to think they are the loser in a power struggle. If you are an employer you see your subordinates as lazy and if you are the employed you see your boss as heartless and unable to account for your circumstances. As more African-Americans are in positions of power, we see more paranoia. Time to put aside the recrimination about who is pulling their weight and pay attention to the real issues! Unarmed people being shot speaks much more loudly than unconfirmed claims that some races are not pulling their weight.
    Black people pull their weight(& more often than not, the weight of the ENTIRE COUNTRY!!) We've been doing it since 1619 & often it seems on a treadmill. No other group gets single out as a group for the behaviors of a FEW DYSFUNCTIONAL INDIVIDUALS. No other group has been as loyal or as faithfully invested in the nation as us. (Think about: if push comes to shove, the Irish can go back to Ireland, the Italians Italy. Mexicans, Chinese, Polish, etc., etc. Where can we go?) N

3 out of 3 members liked this post.