Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789

Default Re: Those US Police killers again!

Quote Originally Posted by buttslinger View Post
    Painting all blacks as thugs, career criminals, stupid, liars, ......that's called racism. But these ARE the people that the police have to deal with time after time. Cheering when OJ gets away with murder, awarding criminals with million dollar lawsuits because they run away from the police, this is not the way to eliminate racism.
    If I were black, I would be pissed off about racial profiling, for sure. But I would not protest by stealing a car, or not paying my child support, or breaking into someone else's pool to have a party with my friends.

EVERY society is a caste system, to some extent. Whites are 70% of America, western European. There are now more Hispanics than Blacks, but we're not changing immigration laws to make illegal immigrants happy.

Behind the scenes there is a struggle between Obama and Employers over what minimum wage means. The employers want minimum wage to mean the cheapest possible pay they can get away with. Obama wants minimum wage to mean health insurance, dignity, pride.
    The country would have actually rebounded faster if Obama had caved and let employers hire employees on their terms. But then we would go right back to the Bush years, and all the stuff that was happening behind the scenes then.

How much money will that bodacious big tittied little girl get from being thrown to the ground by a crazy white cop who blew a gasket? Enough to end racism? Should we triple the pay of the police so we can get some Harvard Educated lawyers in uniform to drive around and chase uppity jigs at pool partys?

As long as blacks do not cooperate with the police, and will not police themselves, ...uh, there's going to be a problem.
    I didn't believe that OJ committed murder, at the time of the trial. His case was unprecedented, and still is. Not only was he a sports hero, he was also in commercial, tv, and movies. If you laughed along with him in the "Naked Gun" movie series, like me, and millions of others, it was hard to believe that person was capable of involvement in a murder plot. I still remember the name of his character in the movie series, 'Nordberg'. For most Blacks, supporting OJ was not because we wanted a man to get away with murder. We believed his story as well as the jury.

A caste system is deeper than a class system. That implies that the society is targeting certain groups of people, to intentionally exclude them from things available to others. Laws, and selective enforcement of them are major tools, in caste systems. Removing race as a factor, I think a good example would be the conflict between protestants and catholics in Northern Ireland. Here's an example here; some communities have made sagging pants, a crime subject to arrest, I believe. But nowhere is a crime for women to wear low rise jeans. And sometimes their butt crack in visible in those pants. I saw a white woman yesterday, with her crack visible. Sagging pants, is a poor fashion choice, but a crime? You might ask why would a young man wear a style that might give him negative attention? I can draw from my own youth, long ago. I was jumped twice in short period. Then I went out and bought a jean suit, like the Black Panthers wore. After that, people were crossing to the other side of the street when they saw me coming, even some people my own age! From hearing about the recent experiences of my great nephews, things haven't change that much, just the styles.

0 out of 1 members liked this post.

Senior Member Silver Poster

Every body makes good points and sometimes opposing sides can both be right depending which hat you're wearing, but, even focusing on one topic like police shooting innocent civilians....cross examination is going to prove nobody here has a real answer to the problem without spending tons of money we don't have. If you pressure police too much they're going to crack and start spending their days poolside with the kids. Or just become walking talking burn-outs, mailing it in til their pension comes up. There's a reason cops retire after twenty years, there's a reason they become corrupt, and right or wrong there's a reason they are race profilers. The cops aren't really paid to fix people's lives, they fix immediate problems.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	panthers.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	146.7 KB 
ID:	851096  

World Class Asshole

The number of people killed by law enforcement in the US this year has reached 1,000 after officers in Oakland, shot dead a man who allegedly pointed a replica gun at them.

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2015/nov/16/the-counted-killed-by-police-1000

Avatar is not representative of the available product - contents may differ

Chicago police officer sues victim's family over shooting

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-35519757

New low?

Hung Angel Platinum Poster trish's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by martin48 View Post
    Chicago police officer sues victim's family over shooting

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-35519757

New low?
    What a jerk. Everybody knows you don't sue the perp. He probably doesn't have ten million dollars: you sue your employer (in this case the Chicago police department) for stressful working conditions.

2 out of 2 members liked this post.
    "...I no longer believe that people's secrets are defined and communicable, or their feelings full-blown and easy to recognize."_Alice Munro, Chaddeleys and Flemings.

"...the order in creation which you see is that which you have put there, like a string in a maze, so that you shall not lose your way". _Judge Holden, Cormac McCarthy's, BLOOD MERIDIAN.

1 out of 1 members liked this post.