Page 1 of 9 123456 ... LastLast

Default Those US Police killers again!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-32213482

April 2015: Walter Lamer Scott, 50, is shot eight times in South Carolina as he runs away from Officer Michael Slager. Mr Scott dies at the scene. The shooting is captured on video and Mr Slager is charged with murder.
    December 2014: Jerame Reid, 36, is shot dead during a routine traffic stop in New Jersey. An officer claims Mr Reid was reaching for a gun, but video footage seems to suggest he was attempting to step out of the car, hands raised.
    November 2014: Tamir Rice, a 12-year-old boy, is shot dead in a playground by Cleveland police after a local resident reports he is pointing a gun at passers by. The gun turns out to be a toy. A grand jury will decide whether police will face charges.
    August 2014: Michael Brown, an unarmed 18-year-old, is shot dead by Officer Darren Wilson in Ferguson, Missouri. The shooting leads to protests, first in Ferguson and later nationwide. A grand jury decides not to charge Mr Wilson.
    July 2014: Eric Garner, an asthma sufferer, is stopped by police in New York and placed in a chokehold after refusing to be handcuffed. He dies despite repeatedly telling officers he cannot breathe. No police are charged.
    March 2014: James Boyd, an unarmed homeless man camping in Alberquerque, is shot dead by two officers. Video of the incident leads prosecutors to say the officers acted with "deliberate intention" and they are charged.

2 out of 2 members liked this post.
    Avatar is not representative of the available product - contents may differ

Hung Angel Platinum Poster trish's Avatar

Default Re: Those US Police killers again!

Hey, it's the natural benefit of allowing citizens to carry concealed firearms. That way you can always blow someone away on the grounds you were afraid they were gonna pull out their weapon and blow you away. It's great fun for everyone. You should come over here and try it. It's like paint ball, only it's not paint!

4 out of 5 members liked this post.
    "...I no longer believe that people's secrets are defined and communicable, or their feelings full-blown and easy to recognize."_Alice Munro, Chaddeleys and Flemings.

"...the order in creation which you see is that which you have put there, like a string in a maze, so that you shall not lose your way". _Judge Holden, Cormac McCarthy's, BLOOD MERIDIAN.

Senior Member Junior Poster SuzySnappz's Avatar

This belongs on the Politics forum, not here.

1 out of 4 members liked this post.

Senior Member Platinum Poster giovanni_hotel's Avatar

Cops suck.

When 'good' cops don't speak out against and root out the bad ones, they ALL are bad cops.

Shit is so crazy out here.

If there's no video, there's no crime.

7 out of 8 members liked this post.

Hung Angel Platinum Poster trish's Avatar

I would've thought an ideal place for this thread would be between two other threads on the general forum about transgenders being shot and murdered with ... with... What are those things called again? ...oh, yeah, GUNS.

3 out of 4 members liked this post.
    "...I no longer believe that people's secrets are defined and communicable, or their feelings full-blown and easy to recognize."_Alice Munro, Chaddeleys and Flemings.

"...the order in creation which you see is that which you have put there, like a string in a maze, so that you shall not lose your way". _Judge Holden, Cormac McCarthy's, BLOOD MERIDIAN.

Senior Member Silver Poster

Great to see you're all fighting again!!!
    This will probably be the shortest comeback in Hung Angels history, but I can't wait to here Al Sharpton tonight at six blow this story up into proof that Whitey has it out for the Black Man.....BULLETIN!!!
    Some South Carolina cop is a racist?? OH NOOOOO!!! SAY IT AIN'T SO!!!

Let me tell you what black people are guilty of- the unforgivable sin, the big hidden secret.
    NOT MELTING into the GREAT AMERICAN MELTING POT

Please God, give black people their rights!!
    Sorry, there's just us.
    So much of racism is just plain stupidity, so many stupid people.
    I'm afraid as long as black people refuse to give up their individuality and melt into the great American dream, dumb cops are going to look into their eyes and see a guilty person.

When I worked at the Library of Congress, it was half black, half white. Sometimes I would get high with the brothers, we'd all talk together, but in a large room, the blacks would all congregate to one side, the whites would all congregate to the other side. The black guys in their twenties were all on hard narcotics and would steal everything they could. As workers they were worthless. The older guys and women were pretty good workers, sometimes real good. For whatever reason,
    testosterone + black blood=criminal.

I hope one day bullshit gets recognized as bullshit, and we can get along with the drudgery of saving our own skins. That could happen right now but it requires the unthinkable: forgiving others for their sins, like REALLY. And that takes a lifetime of forgivin. WORD!!

1 out of 3 members liked this post.
    World Class Asshole

Senior Member Platinum Poster giovanni_hotel's Avatar

When WHITE PEOPLE get over racism, we will indeed have a 'more perfect union'.

Blaming Black folk for the existence of racism is like blaming a rape victim for leaving the house in a miniskirt and no bra.

3 out of 5 members liked this post.

Senior Member Platinum Poster

Let me get this straight -a 50 year old man runs away from a 33 year old policeman, but the policeman can't run after the 50 year old and arrest him because....he can't run fast enough? In how many cop shows did you see a chase on foot? But that's tv for you, they never do get it right.

Gold Poster

Hi Buttslinger. I enjoyed many of your posts here and I hope you continue to post, but racism against black people isn't the result of black people refusing to assimilate. Racism itself stands in the way of assimilation for everyone. This has been said about every group in history; people assimilate when they are treated the same way as the majority culture and not singled out for mistreatment.

About 240 years since we declared our independence of the Brits. For something like 190 of those years, African-Americans have either been enslaved or subject to facially discriminatory laws and de facto exclusion from places of public accommodation. Very convenient to now say that all of the racial disharmony in this country is the result of African-Americans not wanting to assimilate. So until the Civil War, African-Americans were in chains, until the civil rights movement, they were outcasts under the law....but now we are learning that the real problem has always been that they refuse to live peacefully among us? Not believable.

Police officers are more likely to use lethal force when apprehending African-American men. I try to judge each case on its merits, but the pattern seems clear.

Last edited by broncofan; 04-09-2015 at 12:27 AM.

Gold Poster

I watched the video of the murder. It was so cold-blooded, so brazen and malicious. I am hoping this is so bad that even the fox news folks might have enough decency not to defame the victim. If you saw this and have no feeling for the victim or don't think this kind of violence against defenseless people deserves protest, there's something wrong.

And yes, I generally prefer not to watch a video of a murder out of respect for the victim, but I would argue it's more important to know what happened here. Words can't adequately describe what the officer did here. It was the movie scene where a rogue cop decides to kill someone and begins manipulating the scene and sorting out his alibi. That's one thing movies get right.

4 out of 4 members liked this post.