Junior Poster

Default The Nation of Islam.

What's y'all's opinion of it. I watched a few of Farrakhans speeches and read their info online. Honestly it was so ridiculous it was funny. How it gets any legitimacy is beyond me.

0 out of 4 members liked this post.

Junior Poster

Default Re: The Nation of Islam.

Wow. Nobody has an opinion on this. They think white people are viruses made by some big headed black scientist and celebrities and politicians alike treat them with legitimacy and support them. But nobody has an opinion.

0 out of 1 members liked this post.

Senior Member Platinum Poster

Default Re: The Nation of Islam.

One of the clues to the problem is in its title 'Nation of Islam' -Islam has no nation, and is colour blind, something which Farrakhan and his followers would disagree with. Bear in mind that this 'Nation of Islam' was started by Farrakhan in 1981 after the convulsions in the original Lost-Found Nation of Islam that followed the death of Elijah Mohammed and the falling out between his son Wallace and others.

Whether or not they are Muslims is a matter of controversy as Farrakhan -who has allegedly endorsed the 'Dianetics' of L Ron Rubbard- believes in spaceships (he has been on one but don't tell Dahlia), believes that there is more than one God, that a Mahdi has already been sent to humans (or probably just Black Americans). There are claims that the NOI does not insist its members pray five times a day, that the annual fasting of Ramadan is held in December in opposition to Christmas (Ramadan is a movable feast) and so on. Farrakhan and Mohammed both performed the Hajj in Mecca which I suppose proves that it is possible to go there without being a Muslim. As far as I can tell, this is Apartheid in all but name. It may reflect a profound anxiety that some Black Americans have about their fate in America, but I don't know that it offers a coherent explanation of why that might be.

I did write a long review of Manning Marable's biography of MalcolmX which generated little correspondence, it is here:

http://www.hungangels.com/vboard/sho...light=MalcolmX

Senior Member Veteran Poster Dahlia Babe Ailhad's Avatar

Post Stavros

Quote Originally Posted by stavros View Post
    (...but don't tell dahlia)...

Quote Originally Posted by dahlia babe's eyeball

"I just wish you'd shut the fuck up for a bit. You're a bit too self-important." - GroobySteven

"You are, indeed, the dumbest dipshit on the internet." - trish

"I can't stand Dahlia Babe Ailhad, I want to reach into my screen and grab the DBA by (its) neck and just squeeze tightly until it stops kicking." - AshlynCreamher

"You have been banned for the following reason:
    Derailing threads and absolutely irritation self promotion. Grow up." - HungAngels moderator

Senior Member Veteran Poster Dahlia Babe Ailhad's Avatar

Default "Don't tell Dahlia (blah blah blah blah blah)" - Stavros

Oopsy daisy, my eyeball vanished.

Quote Originally Posted by silly willy Stavros View Post
    (...but don't tell Dahlia)...

Quote Originally Posted by Dahlia Babe's other eyeball

"I just wish you'd shut the fuck up for a bit. You're a bit too self-important." - GroobySteven

"You are, indeed, the dumbest dipshit on the internet." - trish

"I can't stand Dahlia Babe Ailhad, I want to reach into my screen and grab the DBA by (its) neck and just squeeze tightly until it stops kicking." - AshlynCreamher

"You have been banned for the following reason:
    Derailing threads and absolutely irritation self promotion. Grow up." - HungAngels moderator