Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default BE CAREFUL People- Aggressive new HIV strain detected

Just came across this today, haven't seen it spoke here yet. I remeber several patients in New York died quick from a drug resistant strain. Never heard about it again until reading this.

Just Be Careful People
    http://www.upi.com/Health_News/2015/...2421423945549/

1 out of 1 members liked this post.
    Greed is Good, Money is Better

Newish Veteran Poster

Default Re: BE CAREFUL People- Aggressive new HIV strain detected

Paging Westheangelino. Will Westheangelino report to this thread and shill for Truvada? Westheangelino, please report to this thread and shill for Truvada.

SuperClap™.

5 out of 5 members liked this post.
    Last edited by Tapatio; 02-15-2015 at 08:33 AM.

Veteran Poster

Big on the news cycle down here in Miami. Potentially this will be ground zero due to proximity and the possible opening of relations/tourism in the states. In the mean time, many other countries allow travel including canada and it's a destination for sex tourism. If this is so virulent, why aren't we hearing of the fast progressing strain from other countries? I'm only saying so because sometimes I wonder if this might be an underhanded ploy playing on fears to but some stall on the normalization of relations with Cuba. At this point, there are many that have interests in derailing the effort.

your fantasy Veteran Poster Ts RedVeX's Avatar

...vaccines and cure coming soon to your local pharmacy!

0 out of 2 members liked this post.
    REDVEX's KINGDOM

Arrange an appointment via adultwork.com (please call beforehand to see if I am free at the desired time)

Quote Originally Posted by sunairco View Post
    Big on the news cycle down here in Miami. Potentially this will be ground zero due to proximity and the possible opening of relations/tourism in the states. In the mean time, many other countries allow travel including canada and it's a destination for sex tourism. If this is so virulent, why aren't we hearing of the fast progressing strain from other countries? I'm only saying so because sometimes I wonder if this might be an underhanded ploy playing on fears to but some stall on the normalization of relations with Cuba. At this point, there are many that have interests in derailing the effort.
    Good Point, not sure why we are not hearing from results from other countries. The last major regarding this was two patients from Africa, both quarantined in New York City.

Quote Originally Posted by Ts RedVeX View Post
    ...vaccines and cure coming soon to your local pharmacy!
    Well i hope your careful until then, vaccines and cures for some strains. I seriously do not believe for all yet. This virus as any is one smart SOB, i remember reading one study. They were introducing i new technique to block the virus with disabling the protein as it attached to the cells. Very interesting , yet scray stuff, just to understanding how this virus operates.

Newish Veteran Poster

Cuba's approach to HIV is pretty remarkable (not to say optimal- but who knows?) Here's a link that will shed some light on their efforts: https://www.globalpolicy.org/compone...211/44946.html

Half petri dish, half laboratory.

And the US is now warming relations, increasing contact.... We'll hear more about this soon.

Junior Member Rookie Poster

The CDC Announced in 2010 that HIV is not an infectious disease that can be transmitted and the government even removed it from the list of infectious diseases for US Immigration.

“The Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) and Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) are removing HIV (human immunodeficiency virus) infection from the definition of communicable disease of public health significance."

http://www.cdc.gov/immigrantrefugeeh...hnical-qa.html

Apparently the problem with this strain is catching it in time, not treatment.

From the article:"
While the aggressive form of HIV responds to most antiretroviral drugs, people may not realize they have AIDS until it's too late for treatment to do any good. Vandamme said it's vital for people having unprotected sex with multiple partners to be tested for HIV early and often."

This is why it is important for people to get tested regularly when they are single and have active sex lives. What with self testing kits now available at most pharmacies there is no reason not to anymore.

BTW...by aggressive they mean 3 years...there really is NO excuse for folks not to get tested within this time period.

Newish Veteran Poster

Quote Originally Posted by ronjer1 View Post
    The CDC Announced in 2010 that HIV is not an infectious disease that can be transmitted and the government even removed it from the list of infectious diseases for US Immigration.

http://www.cdc.gov/immigrantrefugeeh...hnical-qa.html
    For purposes of immigration. What that means is that we no longer consider HIV status as a reason to potentially turn immigrants away from the country.

It DOES NOT mean that HIV isn't infectious and can't be transmitted.

But hey, go fuck all the HIV positive people you'd like to. Be sure to go bareback, be the bottom, and make it really rough.

Dafuq is wrong with you?

3 out of 3 members liked this post.