View Poll Results: Do you believe aliens exist and visit our earth?

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, i believe aliens exist and visit earth. I believe UFOs and USOs exist.

19 73.08%
  • I don't even if astronauts, pilots and ex-NASA officials say they do.

7 26.92%
Page 7 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast
    Gold Poster

Default Re: Concerning the quotes above.

Try writing concise posts instead - less is more

Quote Originally Posted by Dahlia Babe Ailhad View Post
    Dear mod,

Aww, shucks!
    I almost got it! right! I need more time.

I need to correct that.It was so difficult and i almost made it lol.
    I can't do this spacing correctly in a text editor.

Babe,
    xoxo

Senior Member Platinum Poster

Default Re: Hmmm.

[QUOTE=Dahlia Babe Ailhad;1579442][CENTER]

What about what the astronauts say?

What about what Dr Edgar Mitchell's lecture where he stated that the old timer astronauts confided in him about the alien crafts which they saw while in space?
    They were up there, in space. They should know whether they saw aliens crafts or not. No?
    He even mentions the two alien bases that were located on the moon when the first Apollo mission landed up there? All a lie? Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin lied?
    Those are American heroes astronaut telling us what other astronauts told Dr Mitchell about what they saw up there.
    Those are American heroes - blowing the whistle for our sake.
    Can't you hear the bells and whistles sounding?
    Maybe they all just lied to each other?
    Why?

Are there/were there alien bases on the Moon? No. The myth is debunked here:
    https://www.metabunk.org/threads/deb...artifact.2965/

Did Armstrong and Aldrin ever say they saw alien spacecraft or anything resembling alien life on their mission? No. The myth, using transcripts real and imagined is explained here:
    http://ronrecord.com/astronauts/arms...ns-aldrin.html

It is curious that the same tool used to concoct fairy tales about aliens -the world-wide web- provides rational explanations for them.

2 out of 2 members liked this post.

Hung Angel Platinum Poster trish's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dahlia Babe Ailhad View Post
    [CENTER]
    What the heck are you three talking about, anyway?
    The Drake Equation and the Fermi Paradox.
    Did you read ?

Did you read http://waitbutwhy.com/2014/05/fermi-paradox.html ?

Did you read http://nyti.ms/1Cl47bb ?

Have you started Into the Cool yet, by Schneider and Sagan?

Another good book for the layman is Celestial Mechanics: The Waltz of the Planets by Alessandra Celletti and Ettore Perozzi. Alessanrdra is a positively brilliant mathematical physicist at the University of Rome Tor Vergata. Her book is brims with intelligence and enthusiasm. It begins with Lucretius and covers the classics Brahe, Kepler, Galileo, Newton, Lagrange, Laplace, perturbation theory and the discovery of Neptune. But it also gives us a look at modern KAM theory, chaos, the theory of orbital resonance, resonance in rings, shepherd moons and even collisions between asteroids and planets.

"...I no longer believe that people's secrets are defined and communicable, or their feelings full-blown and easy to recognize."_Alice Munro, Chaddeleys and Flemings.

"...the order in creation which you see is that which you have put there, like a string in a maze, so that you shall not lose your way". _Judge Holden, Cormac McCarthy's, BLOOD MERIDIAN.

Senior Member Gold Poster Laphroaig's Avatar

Default Re: Do you believe aliens exist and visit our planet Earth?

Babe

I don't know which text editor you're using but try open office (link below). Almost all the functionality of Microsofts famous product but open source and completely free.

https://www.openoffice.org/

What would you suggest those "twin Suns" might be?
    Below are a number of mirages. You can obtain a ton of them by just Googling “double Sun mirage” and selecting “images.”

The first user three layers of sugar solutions (of differing concentration) in a glass. The light reflected from the cat is refracted through the different layers at different angles so that when they reach the eye we see three upright images of the cat and three inverted images.

The other photos show mirages of the sunset caused by atmospheric layers of varying temperature and density and turbulence. The Sun warms the Earth and it warms the air adjacent to its surface. This warm air rises and cooler denser air sinks. This is one source of turbulence. On a calm day, an equilibrium can sustained that creates refractive layers. The same optical principle that creates the cat mirage is responsible for the multiple images of the Sun in these photos.

If you don’t like that explanation, you don’t need to invoke the existence of a second Sun, a dark dwarf, Nibiru or Nemesis. You could go with this guy’s explanation
    . He believes the Earth is encased in a glass ball. Literally! Not quite as nutty as you Babe, but he makes up for it by being a bit scary.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	220px-Cat_Mirage.jpg 
Views:	99 
Size:	13.5 KB 
ID:	799323   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	index.jpg 
Views:	89 
Size:	2.9 KB 
ID:	799324   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	double sun mirage.jpg 
Views:	92 
Size:	22.5 KB 
ID:	799325   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	doublesunchina.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	16.6 KB 
ID:	799326  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	triple mirage.jpg 
Views:	99 
Size:	21.7 KB 
ID:	799327   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	multiple image mirage.jpg 
Views:	93 
Size:	96.5 KB 
ID:	799328  

1 out of 1 members liked this post.
    Last edited by trish; 02-16-2015 at 08:44 PM.
    "...I no longer believe that people's secrets are defined and communicable, or their feelings full-blown and easy to recognize."_Alice Munro, Chaddeleys and Flemings.

"...the order in creation which you see is that which you have put there, like a string in a maze, so that you shall not lose your way". _Judge Holden, Cormac McCarthy's, BLOOD MERIDIAN.

Senior Member Gold Poster Laphroaig's Avatar

[quote=Dahlia Babe Ailhad;1579442][CENTER]

What the heck is going on here??
    What the heck are you three talking about, anyway?
    What the frack is this? lol
    Who in God's name are you three? [/FONT][/SIZE]

Haven't you realised yet? It's all one big conspiracy...

Actually, what they are discussing is no more complicated than the theories that you are proposing. Just more realistic...

Last edited by Laphroaig; 02-16-2015 at 10:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by trish View Post
    Another good book for the layman is Celestial Mechanics: The Waltz of the Planets by Alessandra Celletti and Ettore Perozzi. Alessanrdra is a positively brilliant mathematical physicist at the University of Rome Tor Vergata. Her book is brims with intelligence and enthusiasm. It begins with Lucretius and covers the classics Brahe, Kepler, Galileo, Newton, Lagrange, Laplace, perturbation theory and the discovery of Neptune. But it also gives us a look at modern KAM theory, chaos, the theory of orbital resonance, resonance in rings, shepherd moons and even collisions between asteroids and planets.
    Thanks Trish...downloaded the free sample from Amazon and got sucked in enough to buy it. Like the style it's written in and, erratic attention span aside, I think I'll make it through...lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Laphroaig View Post
    Let me put it this way, you wouldn't let an unqualified electrician rewire your house so why would you allow an unqualified "scientist" to reveal the mysteries of the universe?
    lol...or visit a faith healer instead of a qualified surgeon when your appendix is about to burst ( well, I wouldn't...I'm still addicted to living, thank you very much.)

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

Quote Originally Posted by fred41 View Post
    Thanks Trish...downloaded the free sample from Amazon and got sucked in enough to buy it. Like the style it's written in and, erratic attention span aside, I think I'll make it through...lol.
    I never expected to actually sell that book here on HA It is a good one though. I read it a few years ago. I remember a fortnight or so sneaking out of my office for a half hour and sitting outside with a copy on my iPad. It must've been late Spring. Hope you like it.

On a totally unrelated note, check out this amazing YouTube

Not entirely unrelated: it doesn't explain the double sun mirage, but it does connect optics and fluid motions in way that -to me-show the real world is much more amazing than any you can make up.