View Poll Results: Do you believe aliens exist and visit our earth?

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, i believe aliens exist and visit earth. I believe UFOs and USOs exist.

19 73.08%
  • I don't even if astronauts, pilots and ex-NASA officials say they do.

7 26.92%
Page 29 of 33 FirstFirst ... 1924252627282930313233 LastLast
    Member Rookie Poster MarkRich84's Avatar

Default Re: Do you believe aliens exist and visit our planet Earth?

True story...

I visited Rendlesham Forrest this year.

Drove past the RAF base entrance and got followed (probably because I stopped to activate my satnav, as was a bit lost looking for the forrest).

Went and did the UFO trail, and had a good old nosey around the whole site.

It's pretty awesome in the summer, and well worth a trip...

Anyway.... after posting pics on Facebook...

A relative of mine contacted me and told me about when he worked at Rendlesham (probably 90's,)
    I am aware that he has served his whole life in the Army, but didn't know he was stationed at Rendlesham for a bit...

According to him, it was a well known topic of conversation that they openly discussed, believed, and described as a CONFIRMED UFO ENCOUNTER.

The story is (according to what I've read, and what he told me, which could be different to other stories)...

The US were there because Rendlesham is directly between Washington and moscow (or something like that).
    They leased part of the base, which is pretty much abandoned now (go and see, it looks cool, like a post apocalyptic film set), and had jets backed up onto concrete blocks to allow them to accelerate quicker and take off in an emergency situation.

One night there was such a situation. An unidentified aircraft, not responding to calls to turn around. US jets were scrambled, shot down the aircraft, which then crash landed in the forest.

UK soldiers were first on the scene. US army took it away...

Was it a UFO?
    Yes, 100% according to UK military accounts.
    Alien?
    No hard evidence, just testimony
    Human?
    No hard evidence either

I was shocked that my relative was so certain on this subject, as he isn't the type to believe in nonsense, and definitely isn't your average joe, in terms of military rank (far from it).

I am pretty sure there is more to this than we are lead to believe.

I am open to most things. I believe there are lots of things we don't know about the universe, things that are hidden, and things that we are yet to discover.

But probably one of the best and most believable stories I know is the Rendlesham forest one.

Senior Member Platinum Poster

Not even close to being believable as empirical research at the spot alleged to be the landing ground with the help of a local forester and done at night reveals the light seen on the night in question is from the Orford Lighthouse; the landing marks at the site were old rabbit diggings, and the 'burn marks' on the trees made by local foresters to identify trees needing to be felled.

A full report debunking this nonsense is here-
    http://www.ianridpath.com/ufo/rendlesham1a.htm

PS the distance between Rendlesham Forest and Moscow is approx 1,713 miles; between Rendlesham Forest and Washington DC approx 3,632 miles.

2 out of 2 members liked this post.

Quote Originally Posted by Stavros View Post
    Not even close to being believable as empirical research at the spot alleged to be the landing ground with the help of a local forester and done at night reveals the light seen on the night in question is from the Orford Lighthouse; the landing marks at the site were old rabbit diggings, and the 'burn marks' on the trees made by local foresters to identify trees needing to be felled.

A full report debunking this nonsense is here-
    http://www.ianridpath.com/ufo/rendlesham1a.htm

PS the distance between Rendlesham Forest and Moscow is approx 1,713 miles; between Rendlesham Forest and Washington DC approx 3,632 miles.
    I'm always up for a good story, to make you question things.

I have an open mind. But when it's still on record as possible, and you know someone who has connections to the site... it just makes it a bit more magical

It could be untrue... but there's also lots out there that we don't know, and also stuff that we are told that is also completely bs...

Also...
    Not sure if I made it clear by what I was talking about, but...
    If you draw a straight line between moscow & washington, you will find the base is almost along that line...
    Obviously you have to bear in mind that the google map is a projection map, and the line should really be curved... however, it sits between moscow & washington... not exactly in the middle... maybe not exactly on a straight or curved line, but in a position that is closest to the line, at an existing UK RAF base... yes, it is a lot closer to moscow... i thought that was obvious...?

The US bases were inherited from the Wartime alliance which was for obvious geographical reasons based close to the North Sea and focused on Nazi Germany. In the cold war that followed, it made sense to use existing facilities for NATO operations. Any links made between Washington DC and Moscow as part of a mystical-political 'plan' is closer to the Da Vinci code than standard air power mode.

Quote Originally Posted by Stavros View Post
    The US bases were inherited from the Wartime alliance which was for obvious geographical reasons based close to the North Sea and focused on Nazi Germany. In the cold war that followed, it made sense to use existing facilities for NATO operations. Any links made between Washington DC and Moscow as part of a mystical-political 'plan' is closer to the Da Vinci code than standard air power mode.
    'is closer'
    Glad you have the facts Stavros
    Obviously you mean something closer to...
    'in my opinion, it's probably closer to something fictional... but it does make sense, especially if we are talking about a 1980 and the cold war etc'

otherwise you'd just sound like a bit of a square with a chip on their shoulder about knowing everything (I'm sure you've heard that before)

Quote Originally Posted by MarkRich84 View Post
    'is closer'
    Glad you have the facts Stavros
    Obviously you mean something closer to...
    'in my opinion, it's probably closer to something fictional... but it does make sense, especially if we are talking about a 1980 and the cold war etc'
    otherwise you'd just sound like a bit of a square with a chip on their shoulder about knowing everything (I'm sure you've heard that before)
    If I knew everything I would not be here, and anyway that sidesteps the key question -why do people believe aliens have visited earth when there is not a shred of evidence to prove it?

Consider -these aliens whether they come from Venus or a galaxy far, far away have the intelligence and materials to build craft that can travel through space, and enter Earth's atmosphere without burning up, yet cannot make their presence known to the majority of people who live here, and cannot defeat the efforts of governments to cover up their presence. Yet if they had such power they could just appeal to us without regard to the politicians, and furthermore, why would anyone want to deny aliens have visited us here on earth? Humans have believed in alien life ever since we could think, or we would not have an almighty God or the belief that 'something greater than us' is 'out there'. Too often, easily explainable phenomena, a moving light, burn marks on a tree, holes in the ground are attributed to phenomenal beings, when the reality is due to woodcutters and rabbits.
    We have many more issues to be concerned with that affect us here and now, the magical appearance and disappearance of beings with nothing to say is not one of them.

3 out of 3 members liked this post.

The Rendelsham II
    The last post I mentioned the Incident, in this part you get to here it from the man who was in charge of the base, at the time of the Incident. Please enjoy..

On a personal note.
    This guy's career was on the line, I take him to be a serious witness, and it was this Incident and his statements that convinced me of the UFO reality!

Last edited by nitron; 12-24-2016 at 05:25 AM.

Sorry everyone , the sound is miserable and totally annoying, try this one.....

Hung Angel Platinum Poster trish's Avatar

An object traveling over a thousand miles an hour remained in the vicinity long enough for observers to go away and come back with binoculars and train them on the flying light. How does a object raveling so fast manage to stay in sight? We have personal testimonies given by military personnel years after the incident but no hard documentation dating from the time of the incident.

Give us something worth our time of investment please.

1 out of 1 members liked this post.
    "...I no longer believe that people's secrets are defined and communicable, or their feelings full-blown and easy to recognize."_Alice Munro, Chaddeleys and Flemings.

"...the order in creation which you see is that which you have put there, like a string in a maze, so that you shall not lose your way". _Judge Holden, Cormac McCarthy's, BLOOD MERIDIAN.

Senior Member Gold Poster holzz's Avatar

i think they do. they could be checking us out for any reason.