View Poll Results: Do you believe aliens exist and visit our earth?

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, i believe aliens exist and visit earth. I believe UFOs and USOs exist.

19 73.08%
  • I don't even if astronauts, pilots and ex-NASA officials say they do.

7 26.92%
Page 21 of 33 FirstFirst ... 11161718192021222324252631 ... LastLast
    Senior Member Gold Poster Laphroaig's Avatar

Default Re: Do you believe aliens exist and visit our planet Earth?

Quote Originally Posted by martin48 View Post
    I wont diagnose another’s mental condition from a distance, but you need to take stock of your feelings and thoughts. Talk to friends – talking is good
    Agreed.

I'm fully expecting and prepared to receive a volley of abuse from Babe the next time she's online for my post, but I'm not the first on here to point out her apparently delusional state.
    Whether from friends or professionals, she needs a reality check and it has to be done "offline", not on an internet forum.

1 out of 1 members liked this post.
    Last edited by Laphroaig; 03-14-2015 at 04:09 PM.

Hung Angel Platinum Poster trish's Avatar

I saw this tonight. And i thought to share it so everyone can say,
    "WOW, BABE! What a find! WOW!! You're so wonderful!"

To which i would humbly say to the masses of adoring fans,

"Yes, yes, i know. I know, Thank you...and to think i was turned into the "dumbest dipshit on the internet". Okay, first, i want to thank God, that almighty alien in the BIGGEST spaceship around. And, i want to thank my mom and dad for beating me so hard over the head and fracturing my skull when i was only a 3 month old infant. And i REALLY want to thank the doctors and nurses in the Children's Hospital intensive care unit where i was for two weeks, they really helped me. And i want to thank the academy, and of course, and all of my peers for making it all possible and ...."
    If you aren’t being facetious, then you have my sincere sympathy. Facetious or not, I do not regret anything I’ve said to you because I spoke with deliberation and within a context (albeit sometimes with exasperation). E.g. I never called you the dumbest dipshit on the internet: that was the conclusion you chose to draw from an if-then-statement with a premise that was easy to negate.

I really can't understand why so called "intelligent" people "choose" to believe
    I really don’t understand why people “choose” to believe anything at all? For me, belief is something that happens or it doesn’t. I look at the evidence, examine the arguments and will either find it convincing, not convincing or dissonant. One can believe there are greys living in giant caverns miles beneath the surface of the Earth, they attacked Phil Schneider and killed sixty six armed Secret Service agents in the Dulce Wars...or one can not believe it...or one can believe it never happened. I do not choose to believe it never happened: the hilarious dissonance of the story compels me to disbelief.

Beliefs constrain action. Often in good ways. If I believe at this moment it’s not safe to cross the street, I won’t cross the street until I think it’s safe. I won’t just chose to believe it’s safe. I’ll look and the evidence will decide. I can be wrong. I may overlook a vehicle speeding around the corner.
    If I believe Phil Schneider’s story is false, I won’t bother arming myself with semi-automatic weapons and hand grenades on my next spelunking trip. I may be wrong, but right now I think I’m safer if I leave the armaments behind.

1 out of 1 members liked this post.
    "...I no longer believe that people's secrets are defined and communicable, or their feelings full-blown and easy to recognize."_Alice Munro, Chaddeleys and Flemings.

"...the order in creation which you see is that which you have put there, like a string in a maze, so that you shall not lose your way". _Judge Holden, Cormac McCarthy's, BLOOD MERIDIAN.

Senior Member Platinum Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Dahlia Babe Ailhad View Post
    You, Stavros, are propagating the lies told by those lying journalists and NASA officials. I have no idea why you would do that. Do you somehow feel like it's your duty to do so? To what end?...what would you gain by doing so?...Know-it-all status?
    Whether you believe that ETs and UFOs have visited Earth or not, you seem to be immune to the complete absence of undeniable evidence that these events have happened; you ignore the motives of those whose only real interest is to make money from other people's curiosity, or who have a religious agenda, just as you ignore every simple proof that the UFO was a weather balloon, or that the alien from Venus is a dude from Colorado, or that a 400 year old Venusian woman with special powers used to be a barmaid from Chicago.

Face the facts and consider this, an adaptation of a famous quote from John Maynard Keynes, in which I have dropped the gender specific part of the question:

When the facts change, I change my mind. What do you do?

2 out of 2 members liked this post.

Senior Member Veteran Poster Dahlia Babe Ailhad's Avatar

Hi rodinuk,

Thanks, but no, i think the poll is fine the way it is.
    What i think is, actually, preventing folks from voting is the ridicule factor that is so very present in this thread. Too many forum bullies, insulting, to no end.

You can certainly use your mighty powers to ask the many haters of THIS thread, and of me, to stop harassing me. Maybe then, other people would feel MUCH more comfortable with expressing their beliefs about the thread topic.

This thread has been dominated by some pretty rude, intrusive people who seem to think they can continually harass someone for expressing her views. And they don't let up, do they? They just keep on coming back with more. I don't welcome such insults or low-level confrontational behavior.

When a comment is made which i have not already addressed, i'll address it, like i've done with Stavors' link about Mr Coopers's either being a liar or a fraud or whatever he's tried to say with his slanderous link against Mr Cooper.

I don't see why i have to be faced with such nasty criticism and actually be expected or forced to deal with some of the obviously insincere comments. I don't think i deserve it all.
    I don't come to a forum to fight or argue, and it certainly seems to me that the main antagonists in this thread only wish to insult me in anyway they can to invoke a fight or argument which will result with me being banned, AGAIN.

I have used the function, offered by the site, to ignore most of them, by now, anyway, because i can't read such continuous hatred and feel good inside of me. If they don't like what i post, maybe they should create their own threads on the topic of UFOs and aliens and use that as a channel for their beliefs - i will not go there to bash their opinions.
    Maybe if their UFO thread(s) can out-do my thread's popularity (or view count), perhaps they will have made their point.
    But i tend to think people know, and like, how i write, as i like to entertain, and i DO respectfully respond to peoples' comments with grace and respect, well, until they exhaust it by continuously trying to find fault with me. I call that jealousy, plain and simple.

I am basically a harmless, little, cutey pie who is not nasty, at all, in nature. My heart is pure, as are my intentions.

I can take criticism easily if it's presented politely, but lately, i've seen the wolves in sheep's clothing going for my throat and i CAN'T figure out WHY.
    They act as though this thread (or maybe my presence) insults their very existence.
    I will simply turn my head to that, and continue to address the better behaved, gentlemen members of HungAngels.

I've been dealing, pretty much, with the bottom feeders, in my opinion. I am not saying that every person who has commented on my posts, or who have spoken to me are "bottom feeders", but the ones who continuously try to engage me in stupid fights or silly debates certainly are (in MY opinion).
    I don't do well with bottom feeders as we obviously read from different menus. I like to take the high road not the low road.
    It seems that the type of men i am more accustomed to dealing with are the higher class gentlemen who know better than to get involved in such open forums where the forum rules are often overlooked when it comes to harassment, bullying, name-calling and insults.

Real gentlemen would never think of throwing the things that i have stated about my past right into my face with the intent to publicly insult or further hurt me, like i have just witnessed. I only offered that little tidbit of personal information to show the forum how these wolves really are. I knew they would jump on it with both feet. Such ungentlemanly behavior from such swine was totally expected.
    I am a survivor in life. I should have been dead a long time ago. Sorry to disaappoint many of the louder,ruder members (and one particular mod) in here.

I have only shared a molecular part of my personal turbulent existence and already these wolves only use such information to try to hurt and embarrass me (sighs).
    Such backhanded sympathy is neither requested nor required.

Thanks, anyway, rodinuk, for offering to rephrase my poll questions. You are a sweety (i think).
    However, it was ONLY broncofan (of course) who had mentioned that he would vote only if the poll questions were not "loaded", and yet, he still voted, didn't he? As if a poll in a frikken forum ABOUT UFOs lol has to be phrased in JUST the right way is utterly hilarious, really.
    Some people obviously really need to get lives.
    Of course i think he voted only because he was so sure no one would vote, and that his NO vote would contribute to the NOs outnumbering the YES votes. And he calls me a child, lol (giggles).

And any one can rate my posts down to try to influence any members viewing my member profile who will see so many negative post ratings and think, "Ooooh, what a nasty biatch this Dahlia Babe Ailhad must be." So wrong!!
    That is an obvious abuse of a forum function done only to create hatred towards a member. And i am called a child? My gosh!

But all anybody has to do is to actually READ what i've written and they will notice NOTHING nasty with 99.99% of my posts.

It's true, though, i do have a child-like nature.
    I am pure in my heart and in my thoughts and intentions.
    When i see a very young baby on a bus, say, under 5 years old, i can always make them smile with only eye contact and a couple of silly faces, as children can see right into your soul just by looking into and studying your eyes - and they do just that - children study the eyes to see inside the soul. Watch them next time.
    Kids love me because i am child-like. And i like having that quality.
    I can be serious, too, but to me being "serious" does not entail destroying others.
    And if people don't want their insults re-posted, then why not JUST STOP insulting others.
    Otherwise, stand by what you've written. You composed and posted your insults, not me.

Anyway, back to you, there, rodinuk, sorry, i got a little side-tracked, there.
    Rod, with some moderation for a while, i think this thread will be just fine.
    I welcome you to go into my account and view my ignore list and take note to whom and whose comments i will no longer not be responding.

Quote Originally Posted by Dahlia Babe Sensational
    Babe,
    <-- I don't want to do this.
    xoxo

To the bottom feeders,
    Please note:
    If you post comments that i don't respond to after several days, you've probably been ignored by me, and you should probably move on to pester other "targets" of your disapproval. I have no time or desire to fight with you. I got sucked into it a few times, thinking some of you were being sincere, by you tricked me into fighting when i didn't even know you were actually fighting with me. It's clear now to me, and i have cut you all out of my view.
    If you want to sit there and try to convince the forum that i can't deal with issues like an adult, and accuse me of not responding to your criticisms or comments, then i invite ANYONE to read this thread, or any thread i've created, from the beginning, and see for yourselves, my genuine willingness and grace to participate.
    After a while, though, i must turn the page when all i see is hatred from you people.
    I do not come here to be hated, and if you do hate me, then, that is a feeling YOU have to deal with, because i have no desire to experience YOUR self hatred projected onto me, and no desire to deal with your apparent lack of self-respect.
    EVERYONE is watching you!!

So, gone on, bottom-feeders. Go on and rate all my posts down, as if i give a hoot lol.
    If i could rate my OWN posts down, i would rate them all down - every last one of them.

0 out of 1 members liked this post.
    "I just wish you'd shut the fuck up for a bit. You're a bit too self-important." - GroobySteven

"You are, indeed, the dumbest dipshit on the internet." - trish

"I can't stand Dahlia Babe Ailhad, I want to reach into my screen and grab the DBA by (its) neck and just squeeze tightly until it stops kicking." - AshlynCreamher

"You have been banned for the following reason:
    Derailing threads and absolutely irritation self promotion. Grow up." - HungAngels moderator

Lightbulb Re: Do you believe aliens exist and visit our planet Earth?

Quote Originally Posted by Stavros View Post
    What do you do?

Hey Starvos,

I've showed you what i do. I study your presented "facts". I've only seen (so far) mostly the misinformation you've provided, and then i've presented what i found right back to you.

Don't you even read what i post or are ya too busy playing the "argument game" for the mere fun of it?

Quote Originally Posted by Dahlia Babe Oh-No-Not-Againnnnnnn
    Babe,

xoxo

Last edited by Dahlia Babe Ailhad; 03-14-2015 at 07:00 PM.
    "I just wish you'd shut the fuck up for a bit. You're a bit too self-important." - GroobySteven

"I can't stand Dahlia Babe Ailhad, I want to reach into my screen and grab the DBA by (its) neck and just squeeze tightly until it stops kicking." - AshlynCreamher

Derailing threads and absolutely irritation self promotion. Grow up." - HungAngels moderator

Gold Poster

I have to address the things you said in your post Dahlia.

Just for the record, I voted no because that is my belief, even though the answer was clearly phrased in a way to discourage other people from voting the same way. I decided it was better to vote (afterall the counter-argument included in the answer does not change the meaning of the response just the way it's framed). I abhor the way you conducted the poll only because it's dishonest, but then you do not have a problem being dishonest.

You say you can take criticism but only if it's said in a particular way. I've seen zero evidence of that...that you can take criticism but only if there's a solar eclipse or if the person follows the criticism with a stream of compliments to negate it. Fact: You can't take criticism. You can't buck disagreement. You insult people as much as they insult you except your insults tend not to ring true.

What you presented about your childhood was presented as the classic no-win scenario. The people who expressed sympathy were expressing sympathy you didn't want or need. Those who said they thought talking about it with professionals might be helpful were exploiting it. But why did you bring it up? Does it somehow make a point relevant to this thread? Oh I see, to show the forum how these "wolves really are". Another experiment, except the responses all were appropriate and compassionate.

Why is it do you think nobody ever agrees with your personal behavior (forget the views)? Despite all of your self-serving talk about being a kind person and everyone else deserving shame, why is that nobody else' perception?

Gold Poster

Quote Originally Posted by broncofan View Post
    What you presented about your childhood was presented as the classic no-win scenario.
    Had nobody said anything at all about it, I bet you'd have noted that and said that people had no consideration for what you went through. It was a social experiment with a pre-determined conclusion.

Senior Member Gold Poster Laphroaig's Avatar

Babe,

I assume I’m on your ignore list so you can’t read this. We both know of course that you won’t be able to resist having a look though.

I stand by everything I’ve said in both this thread and the “6 million Jews” thread. All of my posts have been open and honest and are there for everyone else to read and judge for themselves the same as yours are. There’s no insincerity or hidden meanings within them as you seem to be suggesting. Anything further you read into them is entirely down to your own interpretation.

I certainly don’t “hate” you and find it quite offensive that you could even consider that. I and others have tried to educate you but have effectively met with a brick wall of denial and a complete "head in the sand" attitude that has led to a degree of frustration and at times irritation with you. I accept that you truly believe that Aliens exist, have visited Earth and have lived among us for years. It’s your refusal to consider even the possibility that much of the “evidence” you post to prove this has perfectly natural and/or rational explanations and your refusal to engage in a proper debate that absolutely staggers me. Under different circumstances I might actually admire your resolute determination to stick to your beliefs even in the face of irrefutable proof and insurmountable odds. Custer’s Last Stand and the Charge of the Light Brigade spring to mind. What they both have in common of course is that they too were ultimately doomed.

As for any insults that have been thrown around, If I offended you at any point then I apologise. However, you threw a fair few insults in my direction and at least I kept what I said in the open and didn’t resort to a tantrum by PM…

One last question, will you now only allow and respond to posters in your threads who agree with your point of view? If so, that’s not going to lead too much of a discussion, is it?

Now admit it, you’ll be lonely and bored without us.

Last edited by Laphroaig; 03-14-2015 at 10:03 PM.

Thumbs up Re: Do you believe aliens exist and visit our planet Earth?

Hi every(pleasant)body,

Poor Robin Wiliams was trying to explain "conflict" but the two-headed hairy monster(s) just didn't understand because they are too nice with one another.
    It did all work out in the end, though.
    If only he was still around, he could have used this thread to illustrate conflict. Only thing is, like the two-headed monster, i don't want to participate in any conflict.

Anyhooossss, all of yooooosss.
    LOOK what i've found! Oooooooh, i am justa curling my little toes in joy at this find as a section of it comes FROM MY OWN CITY.
    YES!! It DOES! It discusses the Hotel Bonaventure UFO incident from years ago when a UFO was hovering over one of our major Montréal hotels.
    Maybe their room wasn't ready - i dunno.

Most of it is in the Québec French language but don't worry, there is a "Hanglish" translation overdubbed hinto da veedio. Ahh tabaouette i tink high ham losing ma Henglish, eer.

Non, non, der is no French strippers in dis veedio, hokay?! Ehn, i am dont saying ockey like wit da puck on da h-ice, high av saying "HOKAY".
    Hokay? You hunderstand me, now?

Hokay, put on your Frensh berét and grab your bol of poutine and ...les go to Montréal to listen to da Frensh policeguy talking habout da big yoo ef ho dat was overing hover da big otel.

Quote Originally Posted by Dahlia Babe Airhead
    Babe,

xoxo

Last edited by Dahlia Babe Ailhad; 03-14-2015 at 11:17 PM.

Senior Member Platinum Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Dahlia Babe Ailhad View Post

Hey Starvos,

I've showed you what i do. I study your presented "facts". I've only seen (so far) mostly the misinformation you've provided, and then i've presented what i found right back to you.

Don't you even read what i post or are ya too busy playing the "argument game" for the mere fun of it?
    You started this thread on alien life, but show no genuine interest in it, or any of the scientific arguments about our cosmos and what we know about it, and whether or not alien life forms exist somewhere -which, if you look again, you will find most of us agree is possible. It is evident that your primary interest is in what you believe is a conspiracy by the US government to prevent you from knowing 'the truth' -that aliens have visited Earth- even though on all of the evidence, including the so-called 'evidence' cited in many of your links, this is just pure fantasy or part of a money-making scheme. In real life, yes, there are government cover-ups, mostly to avoid exposing the embarrassment of incompetent officials and agencies and the waste of money that goes on in Washington DC, London, Paris, Ottawa, Moscow. Just this week in the UK we have had the former head of policing at a football match in 1989 in which people died, admitting that on the day he was not competent to do the job, and has lied about those events for 26 years, something of far greater seriousness and importance than an ex-barmaid from Chicago claiming to be a 400-year old Venusian with the special insight into how we Earthlings can be nice to each other, and asking you to pay her to know how...
    ...none of which will do anything to change your passionate search for something that is not there.