View Poll Results: Do you believe aliens exist and visit our earth?

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, i believe aliens exist and visit earth. I believe UFOs and USOs exist.

19 73.08%
  • I don't even if astronauts, pilots and ex-NASA officials say they do.

7 26.92%
Page 15 of 33 FirstFirst ... 5101112131415161718192025 ... LastLast
    Brooklyn CD ladyboy Veteran Poster CD_Sasha's Avatar

Default Re: Do you believe aliens exist and visit our planet Earth?

Even the bear believes in this thread

3 out of 3 members liked this post.
    Last edited by CD_Sasha; 02-24-2015 at 02:45 AM.
    There's no place like 127.0.0.1

Senior Member Veteran Poster Dahlia Babe Ailhad's Avatar

Lightbulb Re: Do you believe aliens exist and visit our planet Earth?

Hi everyone,

Well, if you ever watched the movie, Aliens, you will probably enjoy Prometheus.

I found it to be just another monster movie filmed in the dark, with an ending of false hope. I almost fell asleep twice it was so dark (i mean dark set). It felt like bed-time throughout the film.
    It started off so cool and then it just turned into another monster-like sci-fi movie.

I can't discuss things with people who don't view what i post, and who then try to discredit what i say with misquotes and take my comments out of context to try to make a point that is off topic.

Anyone who reads this thread from the beginning will see i was spot on, while others only tried to sidetrack the points. When someone posts a video and says, "see this" and no one watches it but just goes on with the misquotes and so on, it's clear as day.
    Enough is enough!

I still see people trying to say i was mistaken or confused. lol

Now, i see peanut gallery comments with bears.
    Great input.

NEXT!!

Babe,
    xoxo

Last edited by Dahlia Babe Ailhad; 02-24-2015 at 03:46 AM.
    "I just wish you'd shut the fuck up for a bit. You're a bit too self-important." - GroobySteven

"You are, indeed, the dumbest dipshit on the internet." - trish

"I can't stand Dahlia Babe Ailhad, I want to reach into my screen and grab the DBA by (its) neck and just squeeze tightly until it stops kicking." - AshlynCreamher

"You have been banned for the following reason:
    Derailing threads and absolutely irritation self promotion. Grow up." - HungAngels moderator

Gold Poster

Such a child Dahlia. When people disagree with you it's because they didn't read what you said. When they refute what you said, it's because they have taken you out of context, though you can't explain what the context should have been. Had you phrased the poll in an unbiased way, without the second answer having a conclusion followed by a counter-argument appended to it, the results might have been very different. But it's perfectly okay for you to be dishonest while shrilly saying that nobody else seeks the truth with the vigor you do.

4 out of 4 members liked this post.

Hung Angel Platinum Poster trish's Avatar

Babe, every time I directly quote you I copy and paste your exact words into the quote box––like this

I never once stated I was confused about Darwin's theory.
    I never said Phil Schneider had cosmic security clearance. You seem to get it wrong - too busy assuming what you THOUGHT I wrote.
    Sometimes I use an ellipsis but only because you're so verbose. I never said that you said you were confused. Had you done so, I would've regarded it as significant progress. Nor did I ever say that you claimed Phil had a Cosmic Security Clearance. I never attributed that to Michael Schratt either. Indeed I faithfully quoted (in post #108 ) Michael's version of Phil's rhapsody on the Dulce Wars, just so everyone could read the incredible, self-glorifying story word for word for themselves one more time (complete with the green cobalt radiation beam and the sixty-six dead Secret Service agents), before I put it into my own words with commentary (post #112). I like to think Phil would've loved my modest embellishments...and maybe even have adopted them. True story: the last time I headed up a Skunkworks project for Lockheed, I was given Multiple Cosmos Cosmic Quantum Clearance...I just assumed that Phil had the ...well, I shouldn't be talking about it...not without getting paid for it...that story's gold.

3 out of 3 members liked this post.
    "...I no longer believe that people's secrets are defined and communicable, or their feelings full-blown and easy to recognize."_Alice Munro, Chaddeleys and Flemings.

"...the order in creation which you see is that which you have put there, like a string in a maze, so that you shall not lose your way". _Judge Holden, Cormac McCarthy's, BLOOD MERIDIAN.

I would like to believe many things, but that doesn’t make them likely – let alone true.

Scientific knowledge progresses by guesses; these conjectures are then subjected to severe critical tests, which they may or may not survive. Tests include peer review, others being able to repeat the observations or redo the experiments. You must acknowledge existing knowledge, and you must present sufficient information for some one to repeat the experiment.

A crucial point is that conjectures can never be proved; those conjectures that turn out to be highly resistant to testing are not proven ‘true’, but they are a better approximation to the truth than others. “Proof” is only possible in mathematics – and even then there are axioms.

Hence, science progresses as a process of elimination or falsification. In addition, the argument about whether a given conjecture solves problems better than its competitors constitutes the core rationality of science.

You can disagree with science’s philosophy – assume the least, test by experience and above make predictions. Science informs us that if we apply a flame to a mixture of hydrogen and oxygen, we will get a big bang. Faith-based approaches can not predict. They cannot tell what God will do next, but only look back and say “That was God’s work.”

You can believe what you wish – especially if it gives you comfort, but don’t misuse the evidence of science, or nitpick parts of it. It is like saying that I accept six of the Ten Commandments, and additionally in number 6, what God meant to say was that it was OK to murder black teenagers if you are a cop, etc.

2 out of 2 members liked this post.
    Avatar is not representative of the available product - contents may differ

1 out of 1 members liked this post.
    "I just wish you'd shut the fuck up for a bit. You're a bit too self-important." - GroobySteven

"I can't stand Dahlia Babe Ailhad, I want to reach into my screen and grab the DBA by (its) neck and just squeeze tightly until it stops kicking." - AshlynCreamher

Derailing threads and absolutely irritation self promotion. Grow up." - HungAngels moderator

Thumbs up Re: Do you believe aliens exist and visit our planet Earth?

"There's still, kind of, a reptilian side of our brain..." -Barrack Obama

Move the video timer to 1:47

The Fourth Kind - 2009

Full movie

Senior Member Platinum Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Dahlia Babe Ailhad View Post

The Fourth Kind - 2009
    Full movie

A critique of this desperately awful film was published in The Guardian in 2009, I recall tracking it down when I first saw the film a year or so ago and was suspicious from the start. The article begins:

The Fourth Kind is, in so many ways, a really awful film. Directed by Olatunde Osunsanmi and released in the UK over the weekend, it purports to be a dramatic reconstruction of events that took place in the city of Nome, Alaska, involving the disappearance of local residents. If you were to accept this film at face value, you would be left in no doubt whatsoever that these disappearances were the result of "close encounters of the fourth kind" – abduction by aliens.
    The film employs several far-from-subtle techniques in an attempt to convince viewers that what they are watching is based entirely upon documented evidence. Both the trailer and the film itself open with an assurance to that effect, direct to camera, from the film's star:
    "I am actress Milla Jovovich and I will be portraying Dr Abigail Tyler. This film is a dramatisation of events that occurred October 2000. Every scene in this movie is supported by archive footage. Some of what you are about to see is extremely disturbing."
    At least the latter statement is accurate, although not for the reasons intended by the filmmakers.
    Both trailer and film frequently cut between allegedly real footage of hypnotic regression sessions carried out by psychologist Dr Tyler on her patients and dramatic reconstructions of these same sessions, sometimes employing a split-screen technique to show both simultaneously to "prove" that the reconstructions are 100% accurate. This approach seems to have backfired badly on the filmmakers as most reviews of the film are highly critical of this unconvincing "archive footage".
    Kyle Hopkins wrote an excellent piece for the Anchorage Daily News debunking the movie. He conceded that there is a long history of disappearances and suspicious deaths in Nome. They have been investigated by the FBI who "mostly blamed alcohol and the cruel Alaska winter". Hopkins goes on:
    According to promotional materials from Universal, the film is framed around a psychologist named Abigail Tyler who interviewed traumatized patients in Nome. But state licensing examiner Jan Mays says she can't find records of an Abigail Tyler ever being licensed in any profession in Alaska. No one by that name lived in Nome in recent years, according to a search of public record databases.
    Still, there is a shred of "evidence." Try Googling "Abigail Tyler" and "Alaska." You'll get a link to a convincingly boring Web site called the "Alaska Psychiatry Journal" – complete with a biography of a psychologist by that name who researched sleep behavior in Nome. Except the site is suspiciously vacant, mostly a collection of articles on sleep studies with no home page or contact information. Ron Adler is CEO and director of the Alaska Psychiatric Institute. Denise Dillard is president of the Alaska Psychological Association. They said this week they've never heard of the Alaska Psychiatry Journal, or of Abigail Tyler.
    Hopkins also points out that Nome is not, as portrayed in the film, a city surrounded by beautiful mountains but is instead "a flat tundra town at the shore of the Bering Sea".

Rest of the article is here:
    http://www.theguardian.com/science/2...leep-paralysis

1 out of 1 members liked this post.