View Poll Results: Do you believe aliens exist and visit our earth?

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, i believe aliens exist and visit earth. I believe UFOs and USOs exist.

19 73.08%
  • I don't even if astronauts, pilots and ex-NASA officials say they do.

7 26.92%
Page 14 of 33 FirstFirst ... 491011121314151617181924 ... LastLast
    Senior Member Gold Poster Laphroaig's Avatar

Default Re: Do you believe aliens exist and visit our planet Earth?

Quote Originally Posted by Dahlia Babe Ailhad View Post
    What truth hurts?

Did i say that anything was "handed down to us by aliens"?
    It seems the scientists have said that.

Humans made a mess of it, perhaps. I would say that.

For the first question, You need to find that out for yourself.

hint: youtube won't give you the answer.

For the second, you claim that aliens genetically engineered humans to make them more intelligent. That would take much of human development out of our hands.

Senior Member Veteran Poster Dahlia Babe Ailhad's Avatar

Thumbs up Hat Too Flat - Walter Becker

" Hat Too Flat "

We come in on the morning scan
    All the way from far Arcturus
    Bringing with us peace and good will
    From the margins of space and time
    Our women are slung down low to the ground
    They're very good you've probably had one
    Our men are brave, studly and wise,
    A pleasure to behold
    Right away we walk the walk
    More or less we talk the talk
    But every time we make our play
    Their eyes get wide they run away

'Cause the hat stays too flat
    My hat is way too flat
    My English she is much better now
    But my hat remains too flat
    The man smells a rat
    And that's the end of that
    My English it is more better now
    But my hat is still too flat

Fair Arcturus Fashion forecast:
    Skirts will be shorter
    Legs stay long
    Virtual raincoats are coming back
    Hats as always continued flat

Back at home the machines work hard
    We folk like to take it easy
    Honing our awareness of
    The finer things in life
    Here when I go down to my job
    I work hard for what seems like a long time
    I look at my watch: fifteen minutes
    It felt like half a day!
    Pretty soon we break for lunch
    Me and the boys now I'm one of the bunch
    But no one wants to sit with me
    So tell me what can the matter be?

The hat stays too flat
    My hat is way too flat
    My English she is much better now
    But the hat is just too flat
    A little thing like that
    They don't get past the hat
    My English it is more better now
    But my hat remains too flat

Babe,
    xoxo

"I just wish you'd shut the fuck up for a bit. You're a bit too self-important." - GroobySteven

"You are, indeed, the dumbest dipshit on the internet." - trish

"I can't stand Dahlia Babe Ailhad, I want to reach into my screen and grab the DBA by (its) neck and just squeeze tightly until it stops kicking." - AshlynCreamher

"You have been banned for the following reason:
    Derailing threads and absolutely irritation self promotion. Grow up." - HungAngels moderator

Exclamation Re: Do you believe aliens exist and visit our planet Earth?

The Vatican doesn't deny aliens exist.

Look how mankind is SO unbelievably arrogant.
    They want to BAPTIZE even the aliens!!
    I hate to think what would happen when the aliens REFUSE to be baptized and maybe decide to baptize the Vatican, instead.
    What would the pope do, then....order the aliens be shot?? LOL

Babe,
    xoxo

"I just wish you'd shut the fuck up for a bit. You're a bit too self-important." - GroobySteven

"I can't stand Dahlia Babe Ailhad, I want to reach into my screen and grab the DBA by (its) neck and just squeeze tightly until it stops kicking." - AshlynCreamher

Derailing threads and absolutely irritation self promotion. Grow up." - HungAngels moderator

Hung Angel Platinum Poster trish's Avatar

I never once stated i was confused about Darwin's theory.
    Nor did I ever once say that you did. What I said is that you WERE confused about Darwin’s theory of evolution, and that I have tried (and apparently failed) to correct those confusions in post #100 (Sasha’s right, this thread’s as long as the Bible!). It’s the difference between being confused and admitting you’re confused. Here’s an example of one such confusion->

Once i stated i don't believe in Darwin's theory, you immediately brought up "evolution" of aliens (and i addressed that too, already) and bronco mentioned evolution of species which is not really connected to Darwin's theory of human evolution (i think).
    Darwin’s theory of evolution is a theory about speciation. Speciation is the process by which one species evolves from another. Darwin’s suggestion is that speciation proceeds by selection acting upon the hereditary traits of a population of organisms. In a domestic setting this selection can be artificial (e.g. we may choose to plant those seeds which produce the biggest or sweetest fruits––in the hope that sweetness or size are hereditary). In the wild, nature “selects” those hereditary traits that benefit survival. A second element of the theory relies on the observation that the fidelity of reproduction isn’t one-hundred percent and consequently new traits may occasionally appear within a population and “offer” themselves for selection. In Darwin’s second book, The Descent of Man, he applies this notion of natural selection to the arrival of the species to which you and I belong, namely Homo sapiens. Thus, indeed, Darwin’s theory of speciation has everything to do with his theory of “human evolution.”

Another example of a confusion can be seen in the following exchange. In post #87 I asked, “If you don't believe in evolution, then who made the aliens...and the aliens who made the aliens?” Your response in post #88 was
    Oh Trisk,
    You mean, you think aliens evolved from primates?
    I hope you can see now that my remark entails no such craziness. It’s difficult to surmise how confused someone has to be to even come up with such a reply.

It’s okay to be confused. Especially about Darwin’s theory of speciation. A lot of people have been. Our dispute isn’t even about the truth of theory––only about what it says. So it’s an easy thing to clear up. You’re an intelligent person. You can be self-correcting.

Our larger dispute is on the scientific merit of the claims you made in this thread concerning the planet Nibiru, the Anunnaki, green cobalt radiation beams etc. I gave you some arguments (based on gravitational theory) that (to my mind) render the existence of Nibiru and its dark star extremely unlikely. My opinion on the scientific merit of the Nibiru story aligns with that of the scientific community at large. I realize that alignment with scientific authority is a negative in your book. But I see no reason to take offense. We can cheerily disagree and continue demonstrate the silliness of one another’s assumptions.

2 out of 2 members liked this post.
    "...I no longer believe that people's secrets are defined and communicable, or their feelings full-blown and easy to recognize."_Alice Munro, Chaddeleys and Flemings.

"...the order in creation which you see is that which you have put there, like a string in a maze, so that you shall not lose your way". _Judge Holden, Cormac McCarthy's, BLOOD MERIDIAN.

Cast your vote and move on. Stop arguing with me for having my beliefs.

What i find so negative is that people search for fault instead of truth.
    We converge upon the truth when we sound out our hypotheses eliminate the false.

"...I no longer believe that people's secrets are defined and communicable, or their feelings full-blown and easy to recognize."_Alice Munro, Chaddeleys and Flemings.

"...the order in creation which you see is that which you have put there, like a string in a maze, so that you shall not lose your way". _Judge Holden, Cormac McCarthy's, BLOOD MERIDIAN.

Thumbs up Vatican will baptize the aliens...or else??? haha

The Vatican doesn't deny aliens exist.

Look how mankind is SO unbelievably arrogant.
    They want to BAPTIZE even the aliens!!
    I hate to think what would happen when the aliens REFUSE to be baptized and maybe decide to baptize the Vatican, instead.
    What would the pope do, then....order the aliens be shot?? LOL

You know?...i see exactly that happening: the Vatican will proclaim the aliens are being hostile because they are refusing to be baptized.
    And that will cause hatred against the aliens because the Vatican will say aliens are the anti christ. They will stop at nothing to maintain control over their "flock" of "sheeple".
    By the aliens agreeing to be baptized would make the pope and the church higher than the aliens.
    It would be like Jesus or whoever returning to reclaim His "throne", and the Vatican will set out rules and regulations and if He (or the aliens) do not go for it, THAT's when the final wars will begin.

The Vatican will baptize the aliens lolol Ha ha ha! I'll be watching TV that day, that's for sure.

Babe,
    xoxo

Last edited by Dahlia Babe Ailhad; 02-24-2015 at 12:05 AM.

Thumbs up 2012 movie called, Prometheus

Hi everybody,

I am going to watch the 2012 movie called, Prometheus, now.
    I found it on a site for free.

It's all about...

"Following clues to the origin of mankind a team journey across the universe and find a structure on a distant planet containing a monolithic statue of a humanoid head and stone cylinders of alien blood but they soon find they are not alone."

Babe,
    xoxo

Prometheus was a Titan who sidestepped the war with the Gods by never declaring his fealty to either side, though one gets the feeling he favored Cronos more than Zeus. Some myths credit Prometheus with the creation of the human race and later with stealing fire from the Gods and giving it humans. For this treason, Zeus sentenced Prometheus to eternal torture. In one story Prometheus is chained to a rock. Every day an eagle swoops down and tears out his liver. In the evening the liver grows back and the cycle begins again.

I think both these tales are echoed in the opening of the movie Prometheus. We see a lone god-like being pouring some sort of recombinant material into a stream. The god himself, then deliberately falls in after it to become a part of the a terraforming project. We see him being torn apart and used to form something new...something organic...perhaps us.

I rather liked the film, though the critics seemed not to. I quite liked the android character who was obsessed with the film, Lawrence of Arabia (not a good sign in an android of superior intelligence and strength). I was hoping the second installment would confirm my hypothesis that the god-like extraterrestrial in the opening was a Prometheus-like figure who was acting against the wishes of the other gods by inventing men.

On the other hand, this reading could be entirely off base and the whole movie is really about how the acid-regurgitating, triple-jawed aliens from Ridley Scott’s earlier movies came into being.

Enjoy. (Oh, and don't forget to send a donation to the artists and all the behind the scenes workers who made the film possible.)

Senior Member Professional Poster AshlynCreamher's Avatar