Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Junior Member Rookie Poster

Default Re: How do I meet a man??

RedVex have you tried dating sites like Match.com? I know you mentioned even just meeting new people as friends, and although the end goal on a site like that is a relationship, Ive been out with people on there who I still talk to because they were fun and interesting, and although it didn't work out romantically, I would still class myself as friends with a couple of them.

Hope you're keeping busy in Newcastle... Theres always plenty to do!

Senior Member Veteran Poster Lester316's Avatar

Anubis I hope the move back to the states goes well, it's an awesome thing to hear of people meeting and connecting in a relatively simple way these days.

Sometimes it's chance meets that end up being the most rewarding. A few years ago I met a GG online but it wasn't on a dating site, we were both playing some sort of words with friends clone on Facebook (before I got bored of the whole FB thing), chatted in the little box next to the game and things went from there. The next few months (including actually meeting her) ended up being one of the happier times of my life, so as RedVex says the internet used in the right way is certainly a handy tool.

As I've changed over the years and become generally more attracted to TS girls I've often wondered if such a chance meeting is really a possible thing. At the start of the thread RedVex mentioned about the right time to bring certain things up and it's got me thinking; I've never really used any dating sites (general or based on looking for a certain gender) so if you want to meet people what is the better experience?

Do people go to a standard dating site and hope they meet someone who might share what they are looking for beyond (and including) gender/sexual identity, or go to a TS based site knowing that at least everyone knows where things stand to start with? Or are dating sites not great regardless and it's better just get out there and meet people first?

Sorry if this is steering away from topic too much just the general idea of how to meet people got me thinking about it. Plus having not really used dating sites I can't help but wonder if anyone has any positive/negative major reflections on them.

Before I came here I was confused about this subject. Having listened to your lecture I am still confused. But on a higher level. Enrico Fermi

I confused things with their names: that is belief. Jean-Paul Sartre

your fantasy Veteran Poster Ts RedVeX's Avatar

Seriously, I have wasted too much time on 'dating sites' sites already, looking at void profile descriptions, reading silly messages which I could not refer to in most cases. Moreover, I wouldn't date anyone who I had not met. I seriously prefer to go a holiday somewhere and count on meeting someone there because efen if I don't, then at least I will have had a good time away from the tools I use for work. Even if you think about it, Anubis too had met the girl before he looked her on line, which already proved that she would not be the facebook slave type and actually does go out and socialize.

REDVEX's KINGDOM

Arrange an appointment via adultwork.com (please call beforehand to see if I am free at the desired time)

Junior Member Rookie Poster

RedVex, have tried to message you on here and a email… would like to know your travel schedule in the UK. Unfortunately i would be meeting you as a 'meeting', but i wouldn't describe myself as a short list of your clients, no problem talking or meeting women, men trans but haven't found any to correctly play out fantasies… hoping you can help
    J xx

Junior Poster

You could sit next to a guy on the train or bus or even a park bench and start talking with them, or you could do something where it would be easier to meet guys such as doing a course, dance classes or joining a gym to name a few ideas off the top of my head.
    Also I don't know if you have asked a friend if they could set you up but that could be worth a try.

I really like this thread, serious chatter with a blink every now and then. It's funny though how people tend to put a label on different people in society, trying to catagorize them. Yes in some way this is possible. But isn't everybody in your circle of acquintances special to you? Some people are easy to read and understand, some people require some getting to know. For me, I want to fall in love with a person's character -> Problem is, I have had so many crushes that turned into good friendships this way. Perhaps I'm too polite, too shy, too .... etcetera. I'm just no Casanova I guess.

For sure, everybody here on this forum is here with multiple agenda's. Personally I find it hard - as honest and open as I try to be in real life - to discuss my feelings about love and attraction to other people, no matter the gender.
    The reason why I really, I mean: really LOVE to visit this board, is to read (and sometimes discuss) on threads like these. I would see it as a relieve of a burden to be able to talk about subjects like these with somebody 'in real life' and most of all, being able to share a mutual feeling. For me, that would be a dream come true. Yes, perhaps I should be more assertive on this, but I just can't. It is easy to say "do this and do that", but you can't expect a mouse to roar like a lion.

A.

--- freedom of speech does not mean freedom to insult ---

Senior Member Veteran Poster Lester316's Avatar

Got to agree with pretty much everything Zodiac says.

I suspect that given time (a fair bit sadly in all probability) people will be more at ease with discussing their sexuality and who they are attracted to and hopefully traditional gender constructions as the default notion that we all learn from a young age will begin to change.

Hopefully then the problems that some of us feel we have meeting people owing to the fact we might already be quiet shy, introverted or just not that confident won't be quite so much of a burden when it comes to meeting others. Of course that's not to say it's just an issue of shyness etc; I'm sure plenty of utterly confident people still have trouble meeting the right 'one' just because sometimes they don't come along or that knowing where to start looking isn't that obvious.

Speaking personally I'd say that I'm quiet happy socializing - in fact being back at University in my thirties has made me more at ease than I feel I would have been otherwise as everyone I meet there regardless of age seems fit in quite well. My issue has always been knowing how to openly go up and chat to someone I find attractive, I'm aware that's mostly a confidence thing but just finding the right way to say hello without sounding awkward seems to allude me. Add in the fact that I would love to meet a TS Girl and get to know them the same way I think anyone would hope to meet someone they could ask out one day and I'm probably extra worried about coming across like a fool.

Fingers crossed that I might eventually bump into the TS Girl who is wondering where to meet a guy and that she is patient enough for me to actually say hello.

Before I came here I was confused about this subject. Having listened to your lecture I am still confused. But on a higher level. Enrico Fermi

I confused things with their names: that is belief. Jean-Paul Sartre

Senior Member 5 Star Poster Jamie French's Avatar

Just date a trans girl. All the hassle and headache is eliminated 'cause you don't have to explain shit and already share similar experiences that no man could understand.

2 out of 4 members liked this post.
    26 lifetime passes left to my site for my face surgery. Help out, gimme your email & I'll make it worth your while. https://life.indiegogo.com/fundraise...-surgery-funds

My @clips4sale store... updated every day for the next year and a half, starting... NOW. http://clips4sale.com/20182

http://deadgirlproductions.com/
    http://www.tsjamiefrench.com
    http://www.twitter.com/Jamie_French

Senior Member Silver Poster MrFanti's Avatar

Thumbs up Re: How do I meet a man??

I belong to a couple of social groups that actually get out and do things. (outdoor concerts, running half-marathons, art/museum shows-trips, sports events, etc).

It's a great way to have face to face conversations about non-sexual topics. Usually meet a couple folks that have common interests....

"I am, a SIGMA Male...

Junior Poster

What are you interest? Follow up on them?
    I go to museum/gallery receptions, operas, and meet up photography groups. There are random meet up groups that set up meetings online. Plus you could always try out a paid dating website, I'm sure guys would be more real there than on free ones.