Verified account Silver Poster Ben in LA's Avatar

Default Fox News no longer on Dish

"The fact is, Dish Network isn’t censoring Fox News. This about Dish negotiating lower fees for programming so their customers don’t have to eat the extra cost on their bills for channels that hardly anyone watches. Once a settlement is reached, Fox News will more than likely be restored, much to the disappointment of most Americans.

Playing the victim card just makes Fox look pathetic and desperate. Instead of negotiating in good faith to get their channel back on the air, Fox would rather throw a hissy fit and whine about an imaginary violation of First Amendment rights. It should also be noted that Fox News is bitching about a corporation making a free market decision, which makes them look like total hypocrites. Isn’t Fox News supposed to support corporations and free markets? Let’s hope this battle rages on so that Fox News can continue to act like a toddler throwing a temper tantrum."

Unfortunately, The Blaze is now airing in its place. Oops...

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

Hung Angel Platinum Poster trish's Avatar

Default Re: Fox News no longer on Dish

A few years ago I looked into DISH but never subscribed because at the time it didn't carry any PBS stations. A day without the NEWSHOUR is a day without news. I don't remember if this was a local thing or national. Anyone out there with DISH get PBS?

"...I no longer believe that people's secrets are defined and communicable, or their feelings full-blown and easy to recognize."_Alice Munro, Chaddeleys and Flemings.

"...the order in creation which you see is that which you have put there, like a string in a maze, so that you shall not lose your way". _Judge Holden, Cormac McCarthy's, BLOOD MERIDIAN.

Veteran Poster

Good. The Blaze is much better. Fox News only has a few good reporters left. They started going downhill a few years ago once they got rid of Freedom Watch on Fox Business, which was easily one of the best news commentary shows on all of television.

Senior Member Junior Poster bimale69's Avatar

Fox News is nothing but a propaganda channel for the right wing bigots like Mike Huckabee, Karl Rove, and the rest of their ilk anyways, good riddance to that channel.

2 out of 2 members liked this post.
    I don't need anger management. I just need some people to manage their stupidity.

Verified account Silver Poster Ben in LA's Avatar

And before anyone asks, no I DON'T watch MSNBC too often, let alone CNN. I get my news from independent sources.

I get my news from God. We chat every morning at breakfast. He fills me in on what was happenin' while I was sleeping and I play footsie under the table with his magnificent sword. It gets Him so excited that He sometimes spills the news before it happens.

So I hear that Fox was just egging their DISH-viewers to complain to DISH and threaten to drop the satellite service if Fox News wasn't included in their basic package. All the on air whining was just a scam to get a better deal from DISH. Conservatives are THE best whiners in the world.

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/3-reasons...twork-dispute/

Last edited by trish; 01-16-2015 at 05:21 PM.
    "...I no longer believe that people's secrets are defined and communicable, or their feelings full-blown and easy to recognize."_Alice Munro, Chaddeleys and Flemings.

"...the order in creation which you see is that which you have put there, like a string in a maze, so that you shall not lose your way". _Judge Holden, Cormac McCarthy's, BLOOD MERIDIAN.

Professional Poster

It is back on now. Went through the same thing with CNN about a month ago.

Eurotrash! Platinum Poster Jericho's Avatar

We love Fox

1 out of 1 members liked this post.
    I hate being bipolar...It's fucking ace!

Quote Originally Posted by Jericho View Post
    We love Fox

OMG! I nearly choked up my porridge.