Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Rookie Poster

Default Re: will you welcome bruce jenner to the TS community?

Livepersona, you mentioned Brady dating, Michael Phelps girlfriend boosted her career up and away, I think it is all part of the Kardashian Circus or snake-pit as I would call it.

However if it is real, it's his/her freedom of choice. As far as his Olympic career, he is not in the world top ten, 4 other Americans are, other then Dan O'Brien maybe, others are forgotten. Good publicity and "product placing" made him more famous, is my 2 cents. People change sometimes................

1 9,039 Ashton Eaton (USA)
    2 9,026 Roman Šebrle (CZE)
    3 8,994 Tomáš Dvořák (CZE)
    4 8,891 Dan O'Brien (USA)
    5 8,847 Daley Thompson (GBR)
    6= 8,832 Jürgen Hingsen (GER)
    6= 8,832 Bryan Clay (USA)
    8 8,815 Erki Nool (EST)
    9 8,792 Uwe Freimuth (GDR)
    10 8,790 Trey Hardee (USA)

0 out of 2 members liked this post.
    Last edited by jimme747; 02-05-2015 at 07:37 PM. Reason: Wrong quote.

Senior Member Platinum Poster giovanni_hotel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jimme747 View Post
    Livepersona, you mentioned Brady dating, Michael Phelps girlfriend boosted her career up and away, I think it is all part of the Kardashian Circus or snake-pit as I would call it.

However if it is real, it's his/her freedom of choice. As far as his Olympic career, he is not in the world top ten, 4 other Americans are, other then Dan O'Brien maybe, others are forgotten. Good publicity and "product placing" made him more famous, is my 2 cents. People change sometimes................

8 8,815 Erki Nool (EST)
    Dude, you have NO context.

When Bruce Jenner won the 1976 Olympic Decathlon, he was THE most celebrated athlete in the world.

You posted a bunch of statistical rankings, Bruce Jenner in 1976 was a cult phenomenon.

From an athletic standpoint Bruce Jenner personified the decade. He became the ultimate symbol of American masculinity.

I know I and generations of other HS and college athletes got into track and field because of the legend of Bruce Jenner.

Really can't think of a bigger story about being transgendered than Bruce Jenner.

The media is going to be forced to cover the subject in a way they never have before.

6 out of 6 members liked this post.

Senior Member Junior Poster innocentbychoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bassman2546 View Post
    Will he change his name to Jenn Brucer? I'm actually interested. Not poking fun.
    So clever.

2 out of 2 members liked this post.

lisean08 5 Star Poster LI SEAN08's Avatar

What ever...................just not concerned with any of the Kadashaians or some 65 yr old dude wanting to be a woman .

1 out of 1 members liked this post.
    CD'S TASTE SWEET!!
    I Don't Like Paying!!

I am saddend that Bruce Jenner is only being treated as an object of ridicule by some and skepticism of his motives by many and it is all because of ageism.

If one of the Jenner/Kardashian kids were transitioning at say 18 years old it would be a global fap fest of epic proportions. But no Bruce Jenner is 60+ years old so some would rather make fun, rather than recognize that for a lot of reasons he just did not have the nerve to do it back in the day. Cue ridicule because he could not be a braver person back in the day.

Ironically, Bruce is being treated almost as bad as IF he had transitioned in the 70s.

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

Veteran Poster

Quote Originally Posted by jimme747 View Post
    As far as his Olympic career, he is not in the world top ten, 4 other Americans are, other then Dan O'Brien maybe, others are forgotten. Good publicity and "product placing" made him more famous, is my 2 cents. People change sometimes................

8 8,815 Erki Nool (EST)
    This is a ridiculous post. Jenner won the gold in the 76 Olympics and set a World Record and won AP Athlete of the Year. He was on the cover of the Wheaties box. He was on CHiPS. His Olympic feats were parodied on Saturday Night Live by John Freakin Belushi.

Bruce Jenner was PLENTY famous before the Kardashians blew up. Him and Mark Spitz are basically the two guys who really made Olympians famous.

Jesse Owens' world record in the 100 yard dash wouldn't be in the top 10 all time now... does that mean he's lucky to be famous?

4 out of 4 members liked this post.

Post Kardashians Cancel Press For Bruce Jenner Transition Secrecy: Will Diane Sawyer Make

Kardashians Cancel Press For Bruce Jenner Transition Secrecy: Will Diane Sawyer Make LGBT History? [Video]

The Kardashians family’s fame and fortune are the result of years in the public spotlight and media glare. Why would they suddenly cancel all press at a time when Keeping Up with the Kardashians is keeping up with the reality TV ratings competition? It’s all designed to help present Bruce Jenner’s transition tale as smoothly as possible, family sources told TMZ.

As a result, all the Kardashian and Jenner family members have agreed to refuse to do any interviews or take on any press opportunities related to the premiere of the show’s 10th season. The sources explained that the family worries that any details that leak out about Bruce’s transition will diminish from the impact that their “must-view” TV revelation will have.

In addition, Bruce wants to take control of his story, which he plans to tell in a documentary-style series that might air in May.

Prior to the cancellation of interviews, Kim Kardashian offered up her thoughts on Bruce, as the Inquisitr reported.

“I think everyone goes through things in life,” said Kim. “I think Bruce should tell his story his way [and] share, whenever he thinks the time is right.”

http://www.inquisitr.com/1819291/kar...history-video/

Senior Member Veteran Poster Dahlia Babe Ailhad's Avatar

Exclamation Re: will you welcome bruce jenner to the TS community?

Hi all,

If SHE (Bruce) is a trans, why question if she would be accepted into the trans community?

Are famous transsexuals not allowed into a community of "non-famous" transsexuals?

Babe,
    xoxo

"I just wish you'd shut the fuck up for a bit. You're a bit too self-important." - GroobySteven

"You are, indeed, the dumbest dipshit on the internet." - trish

"I can't stand Dahlia Babe Ailhad, I want to reach into my screen and grab the DBA by (its) neck and just squeeze tightly until it stops kicking." - AshlynCreamher

"You have been banned for the following reason:
    Derailing threads and absolutely irritation self promotion. Grow up." - HungAngels moderator

Senior Member Professional Poster AshlynCreamher's Avatar

Elizabeth Weise, USATODAY 6:36 p.m. EST February 7, 2015

Bruce Jenner involved in fatal car crash

Former Olympian Bruce Jenner was in one of the cars involved in a three-car crash that killed one person in Malibu, Calif, Saturday afternoon, Los Angeles Police say.

Jenner's publicist, Alan Nierob, says Jenner was unhurt, but offered no additional details.

Police deputies added that Jenner was not being chased by paparazzi at the time, contrary to earlier reports.

The crash occurred at approximately 12:12 pm Pacific time in the town of Malibu, at the corner of Pacific Coast Highway and Corral Canyon Road, said Sgt. Matthew Dunn of the Los Angeles Police Department.

"There was one fatality," Dunn said. The crash is currently under investigation, he said.

City News Service reports that as many as seven people may have been injured.

A rescue helicopter landed at Pepperdine University, 2 miles east of the crash, to pick up one victim. It isn't clear if that was the person who has been declared dead...

Read more
    http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/2...libu/23046701/

Post Bruce Jenner's New Name Revealed but It's Not What We Expected

Bruce Jenner's New Name Revealed but It's Not What We Expected

ow that it's pretty much all but 100 percent confirmed that Bruce Jenner is becoming a woman -- with even his mom admitting that it's true -- people have had just ONE thing on their minds. And no, it's got nothing to do with his privates! Have some respect, people! It's about his NAME. Surely, he will not continue to be called Bruce, will he? Well, Star magazine has the scoop on what Bruce wants to be called from now on. And it's a name that is expected in one way, but totally unexpected in another!

ccording to the latest issue of Star (say what you will about this tabloid, it DID call Bruce's transformation ages ago), Bruce now wants to be called Belinda.

There had been rumors in the past that Bruce would change his name to Bridget, but Star says this source is solid, and Belinda it is.

Of course, it's rather expected that Bruce would choose a name similar to his own, and one that starts with a "B." That way, he doesn't have to change his monogrammed towels, amiright?

But what's sort of strange about the name is that Linda is the name of his ex-wife, Linda Thompson (mother of Brody and Brandon).

And when you dice the name Belinda, it's "Be" "Linda." You'd think a guy wouldn't want to be reminded of his ex-wife every day.

Star also says that Kris Jenner didn't take the news well at all, despite the fact that she was aware of his gender orientation issues before they even got married. Apparently he'd been talking about becoming a woman before they married, but Kris was determined to have a "trophy husband" and talked him out of the transformation. Hey, always blame the wife, right?!

Personally, I have compassion for Kris. The idea that she knew exactly what she was getting herself into, I don't necessarily believe. People like to think the wives always know all of a husband's deep, dark secrets, but that is absolutely not true at all. If Kris had no idea about this, I really feel for her.

As for Belinda, there are lots of pretty names Bruce could have chosen, but this one seems to fit the bill ... linda.

Do you like his new name?

http://www.cafemom.com/articles/cele...henewrepublic#