Thread: Shemale-Gate

Senior Member Silver Poster EvaCassini's Avatar

Default Re: Shemale-Gate

A wonderful read Tara!

Love it and I agree! Well spoken!

See you in Feb babe! <3

0 out of 1 members liked this post.

oh, and I fully admit I AM trying to further my career ambitions by posting my opinion and blowing out social media!

I've been doing what I do for 15 years, and it's high time I cashed in on all this!

-Tara

3 out of 3 members liked this post.

Hehehe. Nothing wrong there

Arguing with Chelsea Poe on twitter is like arguing with a brick wall.

2 out of 2 members liked this post.

LOL yeah, that's why I won't because I know what kind of person she is.

About 10 minutes ago, she saw I favorite'd your tweets, and she tweeted me to chat with her via email. I don't feel like chatting.

Junior Member Rookie Poster lilmunat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tara Emory View Post
    Well, I finally wrote a blog post articulating why I'm not thrilled by the petition, You can read it here:

http://tara-ts.com/blog/?p=1830

-Tara
    Tara, I love your work. I stopped reading your opinion piece once I read, "Do I care what you think? Not really".

Why do you think I should care about your opinion if you aren't willing to give me the same courtesy?

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

In all honesty, I would implore you to read her whole piece. Otherwise you are taking this way out of context. You should read the entire thing before getting offended at the first thing that one could take out of context.

yeah, i just spent all day on twitter with her and a few others, agreeing about certain things, disagreeing about a lot of things.

I think it really came to a head when i said that I had endured far far far worse things said to me and i survived, and them saying that's not an arguement in favor of these "slurs" being used.

I tried to tell them that there's is always going to be something worse, something else out there. it doesn't mean not to fight for what you believe in, and it's not defeatist.

Remember the 1990's? We tore down the Berlin Wall and that fixed everything, right? decades earlier, hippies put flowers in guns during Vietnam protests and after that there was never ever another war, right? Of course not.

Part of what I'm trying to say is that there's always going to be discrimination out there and always going to be people who are going to say the worst things and do the worst things to us. I even thought a number of years back that we were going to have more equality and understanding between the sexes, as soon as you think of that, Men's Rights activists rear their ugly head.

The civil rights movement fixed racism forever, right? As we're seeing now, it didnt. Will racism ever be erased? I have no idea. It doesn't mean we shouldn't fight for it though, but guess what, there will be an equal number of people fighting to KEEP the system the way it is.

Oh yeah, global warming, we fixed that too, right? Back when we all decided to stop driving cars and emitting noxious fumes into the atmosphere. Oh wait that didn't happen, and guess what, I wouldn't invest in any waterfront property any time, well. ever.

Somewhere in your late 20s your idealism evaporates and you figure out which battles are worth fighting and which ones aren't. When you get older you actually come to the realization that the human race is a bunch of parasites, and that people are really horrible. The idealism of the 90's went up in smoke on 9/11

Are we making a better world for ourselves? I hope so. Am I still trying for that better world? Yes, in my own way.

And I guess this is why I cant get myself worked up over two freaking letters at the end of an established word. I got accused of "victim blamimg" and I'm not sure how to even respond to that.

Tara

Senior Member Gold Poster christianxxx's Avatar

her campaign is 100 percent rooted in the thought process of trying to sell more DVD's of Fucking Mystic. everything else related to that is just gravy to her. Marketing Genius really. Unfortunately no one buys DVD's anymore lol

2 out of 3 members liked this post.

Well spoken, once again Tara! We should def high five in Feb! Maybe hug too...and stuff

And Christian, HAHAHA nail in the head! Good one.