Default I've been lurking for a while and would like to discuss barebacking

So first and fore most I've been enjoying my reading here and appreciate that this site does not have condom nazi's or people condemning everyone to death just because they had one risky experience. I also appreciate the statistics people post on transmission rates and the overall scientific view rather than the mass hysteria and fear mongering people use.

I started seeing Transgendered women about 5 years ago when I moved out on my own. I started doing the CL thing but eventually became ok paying for my entertainment as the CL girls were just not passable enough to my liking. I apologise for the use of the word passable, I know it can be viewed as derogatory in some transgendered circles, but I'm straight and that the best word I know that describes what I'm into. So I definitely found hotter girls doing the backpage thing but while I'm not cheap the experiences were just not worth the money and I really wanted a hot wild time.

So after meeting with my Dr, testing neg for HIV and everything else , I started to take Prep to use in conjunction with condoms but also as a backup if I chose not too.

So with me being more open to bareback as a regular occurrence I had to start asking more questions with my hookups on backpage and found a lot of responses to be curious.

If I talk to someone and the are open to barebacking I of course ask them what thier status is. Just because I take Prep doesnt mean I'm going to sleep with an HIV+ person.

So when I ask about someones status I always add that being positive doesn't mean we can't hook up, I don't judge honest people. These are the type of responses I get to "Are you HIV neg or poz" and my thoughts

" I'm clean and healthy" - Great you are showered and healthy. People living with HIV can showered and healthy

I also get a lot of people who are extremely offended by asking. They say I'm playing games, and that I'm not serious about a hook up. Im sorry but we agreed to bareback sex what is the harm in asking?

Some people will say they are neg but not ask me my status too. Do they assume I'm neg or are they lying?

I generally assume people who have adverse re-actions to the question are likely poz and I touched a raw(no pun intended) nerve. I guess its better than them lying about it but still

Even now I'm talking to someone and I fully planned on using a condom but I still asked their status. I was immediately assaulted with "are you stupid or something" "Only black people ask that" "you must be black and playng games" Like really? Do people play that many games with this?

I'd much rather a mature response like " Unfortunately I'm HIV+ but I take my medication and its very unlikely the virus will transmit even if we bareback" At least this way I can make a decision based on honesty rather than BS.

Anyway just a rant

2 out of 2 members liked this post.

Default Re: I've been lurking for a while and would like to discuss barebacking

Asking someone's status and trusting their word is truly rolling the dice.

There are people who just lie about their status, and then those who lie and actively try to infect others by sabotaging condoms, removing them mid-fuck, using Vaseline on their c*ck and then rolling on the condom, etc.

And remember, Prep may work well, but there are a myriad of other diseases that it does not protect against.

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

Newish Veteran Poster

I always wondered- if I had HIV, would I fuck HIV negative people?

I really hope I never find out for sure, of course.

Last edited by Tapatio; 11-30-2014 at 06:30 PM.

^ People really do play a lot of games with this. Especially the TS community (girls and chasers alike).

So, I'm not surprised by these reactions!

But hey! you're on Truvada! Relax and stop asking so many questions.

0 out of 1 members liked this post.

Senior Member Platinum Poster giovanni_hotel's Avatar

If you BB with multiple partners it's just not worth the risk. I've never had a bottom complain about the quality of the fucking because I was wearing a condom.

Save the BB for a LTR. Until there's a vaccine for HIV what's the harm in safe play??

1 out of 1 members liked this post.