5 Star Poster

Default I Didn`t Know I asked a TS to Marry Me !

DEAR MARGO: I've dated my fiance for the last year and a half. She is 27, and I am 35. When I asked her to marry me, we were in her favorite restaurant. She didn't say yes right away because she said there was a secret she had to tell me to make sure that I still wanted to marry her.

The secret was that she'd been in the adult entertainment business. I figured maybe she stripped while in college. She told me that was not it. We went back to her place, and she explained that she'd made some movies. She pulled out a tape and played it for me. I was totally shocked; my beautiful girlfriend was not what she appeared to be.

We've made love many times and I could not believe what I was seeing. She was a transsexual. I got up and turned it off so hard I almost knocked the TV over. My girlfriend was crying, and through her tears tried to explain that she loved me and only did it for the money to pay for the reassignment surgery. I could not believe what I was hearing.

I screamed at her and called her all kinds of names, which was totally out of character for me. I left and have not talked to her for the last two weeks. She's called several times and left e-mail messages to get together and talk. I am still in love with her. I miss her. But I feel that I have been lied to and deceived. Can we have a future together? -- SURPRISED AND DECEIVED

DEAR SUR: Oh, my. Talk about sex, lies and videotape. My thoughts about this are perhaps counterintuitive, but here they are. No one would deny that there was lying and deceit. I am sympathetic, however, because I am sure this person had planned to tell you. When things accelerated, however, a good guess is that she just put it off. And note that she did not accept your proposal without 'fessing up.

If you can get over the deception part, you might have a future. I think this because you say you still love and miss your romantic friend of a year and a half. It is so hard to find intellectual and sexual compatibility -- which you had apparently found. The key would be counseling to determine what the real issues are for you, and if you could overcome the misrepresentation and the baggage of her history. -- Margo, introspectively

http://news.yahoo.com/b/dear_margo/margo_howard20060720

Junior Poster

That is complete and utter bullshit. how are you going to date a bitch for a year and a half, never fuck, then ask her to marry you. Unless she is now a post-op or something, which would be stupid on her part for not letting him know.

Professional Poster Castor_Troy05's Avatar

So she was an adult movie star, whom after having SRS decided to keep her movies around, just for something like this to happen. Wow she was prepared

Junior Poster

When I saw bullshit I mean that story is absolutely not true

Hey, this is 'love'.

BTDT, get over it.

Is Deadwood on tonight? If not, let's rent the first season.

opcorn

"In times of universal deceit, telling the truth will be a revolutionary act." - George Orwell

Junior Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Phat
    That is complete and utter bullshit. how are you going to date a bitch for a year and a half, never fuck, then ask her to marry you. Unless she is now a post-op or something, which would be stupid on her part for not letting him know.
    READ READ she is POST

And he should get back with her as she opened up when she saw it was more than dating. She is a very honest woman.

Junior Poster

Quote Originally Posted by roy404
    READ READ she is POST

And he should get back with her as she opened up when she saw it was more than dating. She is a very honest woman.
    ok well she should have told the guy a year and a half before she did

The ostensible letter-writer wrote: "We've made love many times ..."

But it is my consideration that a lot of these supposed letters to the advice columnists are written by the advice columnists themselves. Their job is to write an exciting column that people will want to read, in order to better sell the fish-wrapper they appear in (or to get more hits for the advertisements that the page is selling, in the case of online media). This goes for the big-shot advice columnists as much as the small-time ones.

Boys will be girls.

Author (under a nom de plume) of "Jesus Is an Anarchist", Dec. 4, 2011, http://ssrn.com/abstract=1337761 ; Theophysics, http://theophysics.freevar.com .