A Very Grooby Guy Platinum Poster GroobySteven's Avatar

Default Grooby.com - Free site, free content and lots of stuff ...

The new http://www.grooby.com finally redesigned with lots of free content, news, tranny stuff and more added - updated daily so bookmark it.
    Take a look http://www.grooby.com

seanchai

5 Star Poster

Thanks seanchai. I have to ask...what is up with that dat of birth/esignature thing? tslist and ampland I beleive do it too...some attempt at pleasing the government? It's a waste of time when 99% of sites don't do it. Not to be pissy, just asking.

Quote Originally Posted by suckseed
    Thanks seanchai. I have to ask...what is up with that dat of birth/esignature thing? tslist and ampland I beleive do it too...some attempt at pleasing the government? It's a waste of time when 99% of sites don't do it. Not to be pissy, just asking.
    I'd rather be in the 1% of sites that are complying with government and ASACP requests. My lawyer is Lawrence Walters who is working specifically with the Free Speach Coalition on the 2257 rulings with the goverment and I'll do whatever he suggests. Most websites are just lazy or clueless about the actual laws - or have a lot less to lose than I do.
    seanchai

5 Star Poster

Got it. But the method's hardly protecting anyone. Nice to know the government's protecting the kids,eh.
    The site looks great!

It's not protecting kids from seeing it, you are absolutely correct.
    It is however, protecting the webmaster/owners by having a page where they need to state they are over 18.

It's pretty crazy system and it's constantly changing.
    The government is trying to rush a newly amended 2257 through before the Senate summer break, if this happens then all exposed genitals would come under that law and not just sexual intercourse.

seanchai

Quote Originally Posted by seanchai
    It's not protecting kids from seeing it, you are absolutely correct.
    It is however, protecting the webmaster/owners by having a page where they need to state they are over 18.

It's pretty crazy system and it's constantly changing.
    The government is trying to rush a newly amended 2257 through before the Senate summer break, if this happens then all exposed genitals would come under that law and not just sexual intercourse.

seanchai
    Apparently, there's a maximum age limit too. When I put that I was born in 1900, I was told that I needed to be 18 or older in order to enter and then denied admission.

Nonsense aside, I totally understand taking every precaution possible, particularly given the current legal environment. CYA and you'll never have any regrets. It’s business 101.

By the way, the site looks good.

-Quinn

Life is essentially one long Benny Hill skit punctuated by the occasional Anne Frank moment.

Banned again for being a jizzmop, oh well! Gold Poster

Well, You know I'm an honest guy (although I frequently get told, publicly and privately, I come across as a dick) but I hate to say I didn't really like the general design.

No, I do not design web sites, don't own a vast internet empire, and am mearly a nightclub employee in the flyover states, but I just gotta state my opinion on occasion. I've been holding back for far too long

Things I didn't like: the gray scale background. Things seemed too blocky. The sparse text in the white fields of space. Really didn't like the scrolling frame. You've got the resources to do some really sharp work. The stuff I've really liked (honestly, not kissing ass) has been the homepages and fliers Allanah posts on this forum. That's first class, cool stuff. Since you two are friends and collegues, I think you should consider outsourcing some of the design stuff to her.

Since I'm on a roll here, I also think Tara should get those damn Taschen books published, Joanna should produce more videos and write for AVN again, and a hot blonde should fly into town and blow me. Hehe, well, two out of three are possible at least.

Yah, I just came across as a dick again, but I'm just giving my honest opinion, since you asked.

I did like the Grooby header font, and I checked out the charities that you contribute too, all of which are good causes. So there.

Well, You know I'm an honest guy (although I frequently get told, publicly and privately, I come across as a dick)...
    But you're an honest dick, and that has to count for something.

"In times of universal deceit, telling the truth will be a revolutionary act." - George Orwell

Banned again for being a jizzmop, oh well! Gold Poster

I think I might use that as the title of my cartoon/video blog I want to do, B1, once I get my good machine running again (either a mobo or cpu problem, not sure yet and can't afford to fix it at the moment).

Honest Dick!: Coming soon to Youtube.com or somewhere else. . . who knows, maybe I'll just make the damn thing then delete it for no reason. I'm kinda goofy that way.

Ha! I've just hijacked one of Seanchai's threads and turned it to my own nefarious ends (wasn't my intention, but I'll take it).
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Junior Poster

great thanks
    i needed new wank material!