Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Gary Johnson now a Libertarian...

I wouldn't support the Libertarian Party. But we do need more political parties. We do need more choices. We need competition in the system.
    I thought that was what free market capitalism or America was all about: competition.
    We need the Libertarian Party on the national stage. The Green Party, too. I mean, there are so many parties. All but two are excluded.
    There's the Independence Party of America. The Constitution Party. The Modern Whig Party. The Citizens Party. Again, all are excluded. Why would the Dems and Republicans want the competition. That's the last thing you want in politics and/or business: actual competition.

Default Re: Gary Johnson now a Libertarian...

From December:

Rookie Poster

yup Gary has my vote if Ron Paul is not on the ballad

Marjorie Taylor Greene Is A Nice Lady Platinum Poster Dino Velvet's Avatar

I might not vote Libertarian but I do like to be aware of their stances on issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Dino Velvet View Post
    I might not vote Libertarian but I do like to be aware of their stances on issues.
    Jesse Ventura makes a valid point. In order to break the two-party system (really: one party; it's only one party with opposite wings of that same party; one could conceivably call it the plutocratic party -- ) we should all vote for a third party candidate.
    There's Gary Johnson. There's Jill Stein of the Green Party. There's Tom Stevens of the Objectivist Party.
    Why are all these parties excluded??? Why do we stifle competition?
    The author Thomas Frank said, "The candidates have already been chosen for us."
    Frank also said: "We need parties that represent different opinions on the spectrum."
    Good point...

Rookie Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Ben View Post
    Jesse Ventura makes a valid point. In order to break the two-party system (really: one party; it's only one party with opposite wings of that same party; one could conceivably call it the plutocratic party -- ) we should all vote for a third party candidate.
    There's Gary Johnson. There's Jill Stein of the Green Party. There's Tom Stevens of the Objectivist Party.
    Why are all these parties excluded??? Why do we stifle competition?
    The author Thomas Frank said, "The candidates have already been chosen for us."
    Frank also said: "We need parties that represent different opinions on the spectrum."
    Good point...
    yup both parties are just two wings of the same eagle, I'll vote Johnson, Stein and even Ventura if he ran over anyone from the Rebloodlicans and Democrips with the exception of Paul who is really a constitutional libertarian who just ran under the Reps to inject real issues

Gary Johnson has a [fiscally/socially] sane and rational response to drugs and drug use. I mean, he points out that alcohol is easily the worst drug but it's advertised all over the place.
    Johnson, in the article below, points out : "... instead of alcohol prohibition, we've got the government's harmful attempt to prohibit marijuana use. With record federal deficits and states teetering on the edge of bankruptcy, why do we insist on dumping billions of tax dollars into another failed prohibition that is accomplishing nothing other than making criminals out of millions of regular citizens and fueling drug cartels that threaten our security?"
    I'm not a marijuana user. I've tried it. But it isn't for me. But I support individual choice. And, too, sane, rational and smart public policies.
    Johnson is smart about this issue. Plus Johnson did use medicinal marijuana when he suffered from a serious accident.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisf...a-gary-johnson