Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Isis

Default Re: Isis

Panetta predicts 30 more years. Link below --
    Just curious about the actual costs. Both human and financial.
    Are we going to, say, spend another 5 trillion bucks, or: 6?. 7?, 8? trillion -- in total?
    What will the cost be and what will the results bring.
    State actors just have a Manichean mindset. Look at the likes of Blair:
    http://www.cnn.com/2014/09/21/world/...ir-isis-islam/
    And, too, eager to concentrate their power and the power of corporations.

Ex-Pentagon chief predicts 30-year ISIS war:
    http://english.alarabiya.net/en/News...-ISIS-war.html

Senior Member Silver Poster

When the Mob ran Vegas you could walk the streets at night and feel safe because it was worth it to the Mob to keep order in a town where they not only lived, but were making tons of money. My parents were kids during the Great Depression, and engaged when we dropped the bomb on Japan, and just like you fork out cash to build a fence around your home, it is worth it for the US to pay the military to keep the world's problems out of our yard.

I have no idea what ISIS is really about, they've been fighting some kind of war, some kind of violence over there ever since WWII ended. Israel got attacked two days after it was formed, Iran and Iraq had a bloody war. And on and on. I remember talking to a girl in high school, she went to Israel and the first thing she did was buy a golf ball sized chunk of hashish, she never touched it because life over there is so dramatic and exciting you don't need drugs to cop some action. Bombs go off.

If the San Andreas Fault ever does it's thing, the US will go bust. No more policing the World. Count your blessings, live your life. Wear a condom if you have sex with a craigslist tranny. Life is Good. If you don't think too much about it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Syria-How-Much-Longer-Family-Terrified-as-Shelling-Resumes.jpg 
Views:	141 
Size:	75.7 KB 
ID:	754578  

World Class Asshole

Rep. Duncan Hunter Claims "10 Isis Fighters" Caught At The Southern Border:

Junior Member Rookie Poster

IS can't be defeated through airstrikes reality is boots on the ground is what is really needed ,,

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

Hung Angel Platinum Poster trish's Avatar

I strongly object to them being my boots, or the boots of anyone I know.

"...I no longer believe that people's secrets are defined and communicable, or their feelings full-blown and easy to recognize."_Alice Munro, Chaddeleys and Flemings.

"...the order in creation which you see is that which you have put there, like a string in a maze, so that you shall not lose your way". _Judge Holden, Cormac McCarthy's, BLOOD MERIDIAN.

Junior Poster

>Can ISIS be negotiated with?
    Yes, with guns and bullets

>If so, what demands of theirs should the world accede to?
    Only the ones in which they die.

>An Islamic State within what borders?
    Hell

>Or if the West should respond, should it only be within the borders of Iraq and stop at Syria because we're afraid that hurting Isis might help Assad?
    Just kill them all.

"Out of my mind....Back in 5 minutes"

Thomas Friedman recently pressed the metaphor that ISIS was an invasive species infesting Iraq and Syria. The use of herbicides (bombs and boots) is not the exclusive solution.

"Generally speaking, though, over the years in Iraq and Afghanistan we have overspent on herbicides (guns and training) and underinvested in the best bulwark against invasive species (noncorrupt, just governance). We should be pressing the Iraqi government, which is rich with cash, to focus on delivering to every Iraqi still under its control 24 hours of electricity a day, a job, better schools, more personal security and a sense that no matter what sect they’re from the game is not rigged against them and their voice will count. That is how you strengthen an ecosystem against invasive species."

http://nyti.ms/1D3ili8

"...I no longer believe that people's secrets are defined and communicable, or their feelings full-blown and easy to recognize."_Alice Munro, Chaddeleys and Flemings.

"...the order in creation which you see is that which you have put there, like a string in a maze, so that you shall not lose your way". _Judge Holden, Cormac McCarthy's, BLOOD MERIDIAN.

Senior Member Silver Poster

Even psychological warfare isn't enough, those ISIS guys are hopped up on rage, like we can't understand. I don't think they've really mastered that whole prayer thing over there. We need to have one of Sadaam Hussein's Doubles come back to life magically in the shower, and use weapons of mass destruction on them. Religious Gas.
    When Obama says we need to CONTAIN Isis, he's exactly right, but Joe Sixpack needs to hear we're gonna annihilate 'em, fight fire with fire.

World Class Asshole

ISIS recruits from the U.S. and Europe go over there and fight for free. Joe Sixpack can do the same, nothin's stoppin' him but his beer gut and weak knees.

2 out of 2 members liked this post.