Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Member Rookie Poster

Default Re: any of you only into TS, mtf or FTM?

Quote Originally Posted by broncofan View Post
    I am not an expert but I know enough to know it means very little to say two people's brains are similar. You may be right but if you knew what you were talking about you'd say what structure or structures in the brain were similar. The hippocampus, the cortex, the anterior cingulate cortex, the cerebellum, the corpus collosum? If you don't know, that's fine, but then you shouldn't be making claims about brain structure. I don't know, but I wasn't talking out of my ass.

The final thing is you seem to imply that a difference in brain structure would result in mental but not emotional differences. Well where do emotions originate from if not the brain? I'm curious to know.
    Ok here
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed...562024/related
    Read this and every related article on the bottom

Gold Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Drizzy View Post
    Ok here
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed...562024/related
    Read this and every related article on the bottom
    No.

Member Rookie Poster

I am not an expert but I know enough to know it means very little to say two people's brains are similar. You may be right but if you knew what you were talking about you'd say what structure or structures in the brain were similar. The hippocampus, the cortex, the anterior cingulate cortex, the cerebellum, the corpus collosum? If you don't know, that's fine, but then you shouldn't be making claims about brain structure. I don't know, but I wasn't talking out of my ass.

The final thing is you seem to imply that a difference in brain structure would result in mental but not emotional differences. Well where do emotions originate from if not the brain? I'm curious to know.
    Hormones govern emotions, the size of certain parts of the brain, how many neurones are in a specific region of the brain, mood, and brain development. I apologize if my writing wasn't specific enough.

Member Rookie Poster

No.

Ok up to you I read it all, all the evidence you need is there

Gold Poster

Ok up to you I read it all, all the evidence you need is there
    The little that you posted is also vague. I don't doubt that hormones have downstream effects on emotions. But emotions are manifested because certain parts of the brain, such as the amygdala, and other limbic system structures are activated. Hormones exert their effects because they have targets to bind to. I doubt that if you lacked a brain, your hormones would influence your emotional state very much.

I am not going to follow a bunch of pubmed links. Why don't you read them and make them part of what you post instead of just annexing them with a link?

Member Rookie Poster

The little that you posted is also vague. I don't doubt that hormones have downstream effects on emotions. But emotions are manifested because certain parts of the brain, such as the amygdala, and other limbic system structures are activated. Hormones exert their effects because they have targets to bind to. I doubt that if you lacked a brain, your hormones would influence your emotional state very much.

I am not going to follow a bunch of pubmed links. Why don't you read them and make them part of what you post instead of just annexing them with a link?
    The limbic system is a set of evolutionarily primitive brain structures located on top of the brainstem and buried under the cortex . Limbic system structures are involved in many of our emotions and motivations, particularly those that are related to survival. Such emotions include fear, anger, and emotions related to sexual behaviour. Hormones control how the limbic system will work. Hormones affect What regions will be In use when a person experiences fear or anger.

Without a brain you're dead

It take me hours to read them all again and I'd end up writing paragraphs I don't have time for that. The first page in the link covers how ts have intersexed regions in there brain

Gold Poster

The limbic system is a set of evolutionarily primitive brain structures located on top of the brainstem and buried under the cortex . Limbic system structures are involved in many of our emotions and motivations, particularly those that are related to survival. Such emotions include fear, anger, and emotions related to sexual behaviour. Hormones control how the limbic system will work. Hormones affect What regions will be In use when a person experiences fear or anger.

Without a brain you're dead
    You can have autonomic function though and not have an active limbic system. How do you think people survive when they are on a respirator?

When you said there were differences in brain structure but not emotional differences you had no clue whether the neurological differences were in the limbic system. Based on those articles you still have no clue whether there are differences in limbic system structures between cisgender males and mtf transsexuals. There might be, in which case you would not be able to say what you said.

Anyhow, my only point is that the generalities and the glibness were a bit irritation. I've got to go.

Senior Member Junior Poster

"Transoriented" or "trans-attracted"

I'm mostly attracted to TG women. Don't see it as someone who has "changed" genders. I like their energy regardless of what they physically look like. Clothes and self-presentation/behavior are what attract me.

Last edited by omnifarious; 09-21-2014 at 05:26 AM.

Ratchet Ho Veteran Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Michelle Firestone View Post
    Considering transsexualism is all mental. And the physical aspect he's attracted to is scientifically created. I find it unnatural and simply a fetish. All mtf ts start off like regular boys and using science gain the appearance your friend desires. 100 years ago this didn't exist. That means your friend would've been asexual back then which I find that hard to believe. His sexually attraction to mtf ts has grown to the point were he no longer desires a woman.

Read this: http://www.bilerico.com/2008/02/tran...ression_in.php
    Ok so fact remains His attraction physically is to males who have undergone hormones and surgery. This didn't exist hundreds of years ago. A ts' only option back in the day was castration which would stop further masculinization but it wouldnt feminize them. They ts would look no different than any other feminine boy who gets castrated.

if original posts' friend lived hundreds of years ago he'd be with these TS he wouldn't be asexual. He'd also be with feminine boys since emotionally and physically the two are the same. But not mentally as ts brains are slightly different from regular males in some regions it's intersexed

You didn't read it. If you did, you'd have learned that many transmen & transwomen who lived >100 years ago successfully lived as the "opposite" gender in full stealth until their deaths without the benefits of modern medical techniques.

Member Rookie Poster

You can have autonomic function though and not have an active limbic system. How do you think people survive when they are on a respirator?

When you said there were differences in brain structure but not emotional differences you had no clue whether the neurological differences were in the limbic system. Based on those articles you still have no clue whether there are differences in limbic system structures between cisgender males and mtf transsexuals. There might be, in which case you would not be able to say what you said.

Anyhow, my only point is that the generalities and the glibness were a bit irritation. I've got to go.
    In the limbic system The only difference between ts and cis male is in the hypothalamus which controls body temperature, thirst, hunger, sleep, circadian rhythm, and sex drive. This is the only part that resembles female more than male. Also the amount of neurons in the limbic system is closer to female other than that there's no difference