Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Police Cars

Banned again for being a jizzmop, oh well! Gold Poster

Default Police Cars

I was just outside, smoking a cigarette, and there's all these squad cars parked next to our building (there's a police station, which would explain that). I noticed that all the cars had a rear liscense plate that says POLICE on it, and nothing else. No numbers, tags, nothing.

What the hell is the point of that? It's not like a person wouldn't know what the purpose of the car is. Just wondering if anyone could think of an explanation to this mystery.

Platinum Poster JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel's Avatar

Default Re: Police Cars

Quote Originally Posted by hondarobot
    I was just outside, smoking a cigarette, and there's all these squad cars parked next to our building (there's a police station, which would explain that). I noticed that all the cars had a rear liscense plate that says POLICE on it, and nothing else. No numbers, tags, nothing.

What the hell is the point of that? It's not like a person wouldn't know what the purpose of the car is. Just wondering if anyone could think of an explanation to this mystery.

the point of it is to protect their sometimes corrupt (to make their quota) police officers............. think about it, when your lawyer says to you "What officer was behind the wheel of that Crown Victoria" you can say "that one" but the precinct can say well all the Crown Vic's look the same and that officer wasn't on duty that night...............

here in NYC the white&blue's have #'s but the detective cars 9 times out of 10 have the license plate door dropped down

I say 9 times out of 10 because as of late the detectives have been driving around in Dodge Caravans, Jeep Cherokee's, and Mitsubishi Galant's, all '05's and up. The Iacocca vehicles usually have a black tint to hide the video camera filming anyone they drive by (isn't that illegal?) while the Mitsubishi's all look stock........................

p.s. this is a great fucking thread

snɯıʇdo snʇoʇ soʌ oloʌ

Rookie Poster

Are they filming a movie???

Junior Poster

Actually I pointed out 2 Ruby that there were a New Series of Police Cars. i thought the New Design was cute.

the new NYC patrol cars are Dodge Magnum's & Chargers, State Troopers will have the more potent Dodge's supposedly with a supercharged 8 instead of the supercharged 6's NYC Chargers will again "supposedly" have........... very nice transition from the POS Canadian built Chevy Impala's currently on the road

snɯıʇdo snʇoʇ soʌ oloʌ

Oh, I get the identifying the cars idea, and it is a good idea. The question here is that these plates don't have anything at all but the word POLICE. It just seems odd.

And no, they're not shooting a movie, unless it's the longest movie shoot in recorded history (the police station has been there for years).

What's really freaky now are the cops riding around on those Segue (sp?) things. They look like something out of blade runner and are almost completely silent.

I'll probably have to wait until tomarrow to see if anyone solves this riddle. Both my damn home computers are down at the moment, and I'm not sure what's wrong with either of 'em. Sigh.

I thought only Albany had that generic POLICE plate on all of their cars. I figured it had something to do with the expectation that when the general public sees a vehicular crime being commited they invariably try to remember the plate # (Remember the cheerleading team that memorized the number as a cheer? "Gimme an 8! Gimme a 6! Gimme a 7! Now let's hear a five-three-oh-nine!"), thus making the copcars just another one in a crowd.

"Did you see the car that hit your Great Ant Regretta, Mrs. Kravitz?"

"Yes, I did! I told my husband, Abner, 'Abner' I said 'Did you see that? A police car just whacked Great Ant Regretta into the forsythia in the Steven's yard!'"

"And, Mrs. Kravitz, can you identify the exact police car that committed this heinous act?"

"Yes, I =can=! The license number was P-O-L-I-C-E! I saw it clearly!...Did I tell you the car was white with a blue stripe, and that Mrs. Steven's Uncle Arthur was driving it? And there were three arctic penguins in the back seat, smoking cigars!""

"Er...That will be all Mrs. Kravitz, thank you."

"In times of universal deceit, telling the truth will be a revolutionary act." - George Orwell

They look like something out of blade runner and are almost completely silent.
    I actually saw the Spinner (The police cruiser from Blade Runner) when it was on Display in Denver in 1981. I wished I had been one of the setup crew that got to drive it around on the convention center main hall floor after the show. It looked cool and had lots of twirly lights.

"In times of universal deceit, telling the truth will be a revolutionary act." - George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by BeardedOne
    I thought only Albany had that generic POLICE plate on all of their cars. I figured it had something to do with the expectation that when the general public sees a vehicular crime being commited they invariably try to remember the plate # (Remember the cheerleading team that memorized the number as a cheer? "Gimme an 8! Gimme a 6! Gimme a 7! Now let's hear a five-three-oh-nine!"), thus making the copcars just another one in a crowd.

"Did you see the car that hit your Great Ant Regretta, Mrs. Kravitz?"

"Yes, I did! I told my husband, Abner, 'Abner' I said 'Did you see that? A police car just whacked Great Ant Regretta into the forsythia in the Steven's yard!'"

"And, Mrs. Kravitz, can you identify the exact police car that committed this heinous act?"

"Yes, I =can=! The license number was P-O-L-I-C-E! I saw it clearly!...Did I tell you the car was white with a blue stripe, and that Mrs. Steven's Uncle Arthur was driving it? And there were three arctic penguins in the back seat, smoking cigars!""

"Er...That will be all Mrs. Kravitz, thank you."
    Hehe. That would be awesome if they all were intended to be vanity plates, but all the cops just kept picking the same thing to put on em.

Various parts of NYC have practically become a police state..............

the little black cables stretched across the street to measure the average speed; the doubling of beat cops in nightclub areas on EVERY corner; and the stealthiness of the patrol car waiting for someone to run the green STRAIGHT TO red traffic lights

last night I was midway through a light because some asshole in front of me decided to drop from the 50mph he was doing to 15 (not an exaggeration.) I noticed a patrol car lurking on the corner of the light and pulled over and turned off my lights, the idiot drove right by me, turned down the next block (probably assuming I took off) and I just drove away. Word to the wise, be that asshole doing 20 in a 30mph zone, these officers are being pressured to make their quota and they will damn near try anything out of desperation..............

snɯıʇdo snʇoʇ soʌ oloʌ