Veteran Poster

Default Poppers / Eye damage

This is about the only venue I participate in that I can ask this question. What's the current info on this? The eye/foveal damage burst on the scene a few years ago. We had a thread here on it here where it was brought up in the course of discussion. My wife and I occasionally use it during sex. I've been using it since the mid 70's and turned her on to them in the ninety's when we met. While were now both just the past the six ohh, our vison is probably on regular schedule decline like anyone else our age, mine is probably much better then most my age due to being nearsighted as a child and even now, I have no need for glasses reading unlike most. The things I've read are about bright spots and other continuous visual abberations. Neither of us have experienced anything like this, but we aren't habitual users either. For those of you on the other side of the pond, only thing I know that here in the states, original amyl and isobutyl are no longer legal and whatever has replaced them isn't doesn't have the potency of the old club stuff. Was this just a scare or is it really founded in fact? Is it specific to the stuff sold in the states or the amyl/ isobutyl/isopropyl products approved in other countries? Hope someone here can shed some info.

Default Re: Poppers / Eye damage

Some good info on this on previous popper threads at the bottom of this page , Have you checked those?

Newish Veteran Poster

In b4 westheangelino.

2 out of 2 members liked this post.

Veteran Poster

I'm aware of the previous postings. I've participated in some previous threads. While the warning is an unscientific correlation, it's also important to note that the published data is European. Even though we're speaking of inhalable nitrates. They differ from country to country as to ingredients for recreational use. The Euro data is not based on cyclohexyl nitrite which is what is legally sold in the states. The FDA here has a very itchy trigger finger and even the slightest hint of a danger or product crossing the medical use line is almost immediately banned. Unlike other schlerotic agencies, they over react and once they do, it's nearly impossible to return a product to the shelves even after decades of it proven safe. Odd that they go nuts over anything that can be used recreationally that skirts the existing laws, but pass on this one.

Senior Member Platinum Poster Prospero's Avatar

A vocal advocate of poppers ....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	devilsrainjohntravoltanoeyes.jpg 
Views:	689 
Size:	6.9 KB 
ID:	742631  

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

You're gonna be fine. All effects of poppers are fleeting.

Love me or leave me Junior Poster

A popper needs not to be sniffed longer than 2/3 secs x each nostril of the nose. It contains nitrite but as long as your heart is good all is gonna be fine.
    As anything in life overuse is never recommended.
    I know of some guys who will pour half of the bottle into a napkin and wrapping it around their nose,,, as a result you will see their faces turning violet or blue ... The eyes will turn red too, and in some cases can lose the sense of space and time, if abusing too much of course.
    Once upon a time i had so much of it, lying on the bed i was often touching myself down below to check if i still had it or it had turned into a pussye
    Lucky in Uk it is legal.. In Thailand you'll be scrw... if caught

Last edited by Jia_westladyboy; 08-27-2014 at 11:02 PM. Reason: ja