Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Professional Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Vicki Richter
    Quote Originally Posted by specialk

opcorn opcorn .....butter/ no salt
    He won't debate any of the issues I have presented and if he does, he won't do it well. Since I know he's your cyber-hero - you are of course welcome to refute anything I've said as well SpecialK.

I do love an educated debate.
    Well Vicki dear, I'm not realy up to debating this "stuff", with you or anyone else. Lets just say I love you as a TS.

I don't read political blogs, liberal or conservative. I'm older than the total number of questions here, and have formed all my opinions without the help of others, over several decades here in the real world.

I did look at some of your responses, but couldn't help but shake my head and laugh at your #4-5 response. The fact is the entire cityof New Orleans lies below sea level, and continues to sink more each passing year. So, saying "The worst hit people were living on known flood plains. You obviously would not want to build there again...." is kinda funny, to say the least!

Your challenge to Chef Mike is pretty bold, and I admire your "spunk".....I'm pretty sure Chef will accomodate you with a retort at his next convienence. Personaly, I wish you 2 people got along better. I think the forum suffers when Tgirl members get angry and dissappear, especially when someone insults them undeservedly.....but, then on the other hand, if folks want to talk trash then they have to be willing to take the heat......So be carefull what you wish for honey

5 Star Poster

I have a friend who had a family member get hit by a car in Canada. She was in the country on life support and not expected to live when my friend and his family chose to go see her ASAP. Only they found out that they would require certain documents to get back into the US that they didn't have readily available.

To exit Canada they were required to have passports or birth certificates a the border crossing. They said it was actually not required to enter Canada, but to get back into the US from Canada. This just happened within the past 45 days.

http://www.cbp.gov/xp/cgov/travel/va...quirements.xml

Due to heightened security it is strongly recommended that U.S. citizens also present their passports even when returning from travel only to Canada or Mexico.
    * I do stand corrected as I originally said "cross and come back" vs just "come back".

Vicki

5 Star Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie Michelle
    Great, then debate me. I'll hand your own ass over to you on a silver platter.
    Jamie - Unfortunately you are way too out there for anyone to debate. You bring up really lively conspiracy theories that debating would be a lot like clapping with one hand. I've read some of your stuff and it is way far out of the norm for any political or social party. However, unlike others perhaps, I can respect your creativity and ability to have opinions different than my own.

Debating is almost never about being right or wrong, but being able to respect anothers opinions while arguing against them at the same time. This is why I would beat Chef 100% of the time in a televised debate.

opcorn opcorn .....butter/ no salt
    He won't debate any of the issues I have presented and if he does, he won't do it well. Since I know he's your cyber-hero - you are of course welcome to refute anything I've said as well SpecialK.

I do love an educated debate.
    Well Vicki dear, I'm not realy up to debating this "stuff", with you or anyone else. Lets just say I love you as a TS.

I don't read political blogs, liberal or conservative. I'm older than the total number of questions here, and have formed all my opinions without the help of others, over several decades here in the real world.

I did look at some of your responses, but couldn't help but shake my head and laugh at your #4-5 response. The fact is the entire cityof New Orleans lies below sea level, and continues to sink more each passing year. So, saying "The worst hit people were living on known flood plains. You obviously would not want to build there again...." is kinda funny, to say the least!

Your challenge to Chef Mike is pretty bold, and I admire your "spunk".....I'm pretty sure Chef will accomodate you with a retort at his next convienence. Personaly, I wish you 2 people got along better. I think the forum suffers when Tgirl members get angry and dissappear, especially when someone insults them undeservedly.....but, then on the other hand, if folks want to talk trash then they have to be willing to take the heat......So be carefull what you wish for honey
    You may not be up for a debate, but if Vicki Richter wants a debate then I'll be glad to rip her several new assholes, intellectually speaking.

Not that I dislike Vicki Richter, but I'm always game for a debate.

Boys will be girls.

Author (under a nom de plume) of "Jesus Is an Anarchist", Dec. 4, 2011, http://ssrn.com/abstract=1337761 ; Theophysics, http://theophysics.freevar.com .

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie Michelle
    Great, then debate me. I'll hand your own ass over to you on a silver platter.
    Jamie - Unfortunately you are way too out there for anyone to debate. You bring up really lively conspiracy theories that debating would be a lot like clapping with one hand. I've read some of your stuff and it is way far out of the norm for any political or social party. However, unlike others perhaps, I can respect your creativity and ability to have opinions different than my own.

Debating is almost never about being right or wrong, but being able to respect anothers opinions while arguing against them at the same time. This is why I would beat Chef 100% of the time in a televised debate.
    I accept your concession.

Boys will be girls.

Author (under a nom de plume) of "Jesus Is an Anarchist", Dec. 4, 2011, http://ssrn.com/abstract=1337761 ; Theophysics, http://theophysics.freevar.com .

I have a friend who had a family member get hit by a car in Canada. She was in the country on life support and not expected to live when my friend and his family chose to go see her ASAP. Only they found out that they would require certain documents to get back into the US that they didn't have readily available.

To exit Canada they were required to have passports or birth certificates a the border crossing. They said it was actually not required to enter Canada, but to get back into the US from Canada. This just happened within the past 45 days.

http://www.cbp.gov/xp/cgov/travel/va...quirements.xml

Due to heightened security it is strongly recommended that U.S. citizens also present their passports even when returning from travel only to Canada or Mexico.

Vicki
    Sorry to hear about your friend's experience. Since I am not privy to their situation, I really cannot speak to it directly; perhaps there were mitigating circumstances. But note that the US site you quote specifies "it is strongly recommended," not required. In your original post you stated "They actually require a birth certificate or passport just to cross and come back" while here you state that it was required for your friend's family in returning to the US.

The site you quote also states clearly:

Returning U.S. Citizens from abroad must present a valid passport for entry into the United States unless returning from the Western Hemisphere.
    and
    A U.S. citizen is not required to bear a valid passport to enter or depart the United States (under 22 CFR 53.2):

b. When traveling between the United States and any country, territory, or island adjacent thereto in North, South or Central America excluding Cuba; provided, that this exception is not applicable to any such person when proceeding to or arriving from a place outside the United States for which a valid passport is required under this part if such travel is accomplished within 60 days of departure from the United States via any country or territory in North, South or Central America or any island adjacent thereto;
    (which begs the question, was a member of your friend's family under this provision, that is had traveled to a place outside the US requiring a passport within 60 days of departure from the US?)

However, in keeping with the political theme of this thread, I quite agree that, whilst the current administration is in power, I will bring either my passport or my birth certificate when traveling to and from Canada.

5 Star Poster

Yes but as we all know, the richer - even middle class neighborhoods were built in such a way that many were left largely undamaged. This is why so many white people were able to quickly return while most of the poorer people were not - thus dramatically changing the population demographic. I think it is safe to say that building in some places carries a significantly higher risk overall. If you have one area closer to levies and 20 ft below another area, they are in substantially more danger and risk is higher. Hence flood plain. The entire city can't be zoned as a flood plain just because it is below sea level.

Quote Originally Posted by Ecstatic
    #21 - Getting in and out of Canada is actually infinitely more challenging in many respects than getting in and out of Mexico - particularly if you use a standard border station. They actually require a birth certificate or passport just to cross and come back vs a legal drivers license along the Mexico border.
    Vicki, you know I respect your opinion highly, but where did you get your info on American citizens visiting Canada? I've probably spent a year of my life visiting Canada on dozens of trips (one lasting nearly 3 months) and have never been asked to produce a US passport nor birth certificate. Officially, a US passport is NOT required, though it is advisable to have a birth certificate or other proof of citizenship (though I usually don't and have never been asked for same).
    The official word from the Canadian government: "If you are a citizen of the United States, you do not need a passport to enter Canada. However, you should carry proof of your citizenship, such as a birth certificate, certificate of citizenship or naturalization, as well as a photo ID." [Source: Canada Border Services Agency, http://www.cbsa.gc.ca/E/pub/cp/rc4161/rc4161-e.html][/quote]

It's not about entering Canadia, E, it's all about getting back in. I was thrown out of Canada three times in one day and refused entry into my own country on two occassions, so it's all a matter of which agent of the government you encounter, what sekrit woids you know, and whether or not they've had their morning cwawfee.

Oddly, the only thing I've really needed to get into Canada was a checkbook and a valid credit card. I could have had an Uzi in a shoulder holster and they'd still have let me in had I had those two things with me on the three-times-you're-out day.

"In times of universal deceit, telling the truth will be a revolutionary act." - George Orwell

Yes but as we all know, the richer - even middle class neighborhoods were built in such a way that many were left largely undamaged. This is why so many white people were able to quickly return while most of the poorer people were not - thus dramatically changing the population demographic. I think it is safe to say that building in some places carries a significantly higher risk overall. If you have one area closer to levies and 20 ft below another area, they are in substantially more danger and risk is higher. Hence flood plain. The entire city can't be zoned as a flood plain just because it is below sea level.
    For more on the loving nature of the Canadian government, see the below post by me:

Subject: Cutting Off Arms and Crushing Children's Testicles: Welcome to the New Freedom
    Newsgroups: alt.politics.republicans,alt.politics.democrats,pd axs.issues.democrats
    Message-ID: <3fb8a252uiuneebuh39m6n72raqoep55cf@4ax.com>
    Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2006 15:46:12 -0400

http://groups.google.com/group/alt.p...9c6ada2281261d

In the above post I provide massive amounts of documentation where the U.S. government itself admits it is holding innocent people indefinitely without charges (including U.S. citizens), torturing them, raping them--including homosexually anally raping them--and murdering them, and that the orders to do so came from the highest levels of the U.S. government.

Boys will be girls.

Platinum Poster

Oh dear...I log on and find out that big Vicki is stalking me yet again...you-know-who is going to be jealous ...and it appears that your most recent dramatic farewell lasted about as long as your other tearful goodbyes.... now there's a shocker...

"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." - Poe