Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    LOVER OF BIG ASS Platinum Poster youngblood61's Avatar

Default Re: Most difficult or shittiest jobs have you worked

Dishwasher Busboy at TJ's Big Boy. SUCKED!

Junior Poster

Quote Originally Posted by KiraHarden View Post
    I forgot that during my time in military and on deployment in Iraq and being the lowest ranking soldier. they gave me the shit detail. I had to stir and burn human waste in drums with gasoline while we were at a small camp in the desert somewhere to prevent flies and dissease
    Nice job.

Junior Poster

In High School my summer job for 2 summers was working as an aid in the Operating Room of a Hospital. Mostly I pushed stretchers, but every once in a while I had to wash dirty surgical instruments. Using a toothbrush to remove tissue from the teeth of a kelly clamp and knowing all of the interesting fluids the instruments had touched was a little off putting. Add in knowing if you did not do a good job you might kill somebody added a little to the process.

President of Russia Veteran Poster Vladimir Putin's Avatar

My number one worst job was at Travel Planners in New York, a then-unknown fledgeling travel agency. I worked there part-time a quarter-century ago while I was in college. This is a company that today organizes hotel reservations for people in San Diego for Comic-Con. I worked there before the Internet was widely used and before Comic-Con was a client. Tasks involved organizing travel receipts by order number and delivering ticketed reservations to clients in Lower Manhattan. I worked in the mailroom where I was the only white guy there which worked to my disadvantage. Initially my first problems came from management who felt I didn't work fast enough with organizing receipts and delivering items in traffic-clogged Manhattan. My later problems came from my immediate coworkers, who didn't have a problem with my performance, but were racist against whites. On my last day there, tensions almost came to blows between me and a white-hating coworker egged on by our equally racist desk supervisor. The guy who fought with me was immediately terminated, but I quit anyway because he wasn't the only problem. Lasted only seven weeks.

My second worst job came two years later when I worked as a temp through a temporary agency at Zenith Insurance in San Francisco, an insurance company that investigates worker's compensation claims in California. Got the temp assignment while I was looking for a full-time job. I was to assist them until they moved their offices to Pleasanton in the southern part of the Bay Area. Worked as a file clerk in the file room. Immediate coworkers backstabbing jerkoffs who had a beef with temps. We answered to worker's comp investigators, who weren't any better. Our job was to deliver files to the investigators and retrieve files from them to put back in the filing room. Both my immediate coworkers and the investigators made an issue over the fact that I wasn't fast enough and accurate enough with filing by number. At some points one of my immediate coworkers harassed and bullied both me and another temporary file room employee. Temporary assignment was supposed to last several months, was fired after only three weeks.

Those were the only two jobs I had problems with. Never had anything near the same kinds of problems in all the other jobs I successfully held in my life. They were also the only two jobs I never put down on my resume.

Last edited by Vladimir Putin; 03-05-2015 at 06:51 AM.

Senior Member 5 Star Poster LovinThaTSLadiez's Avatar

They all sucked in their own way.

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

Cool Veteran Poster CoolAwesomeBXDude's Avatar

any below minimum wage job i did in the past

Last edited by CoolAwesomeBXDude; 03-06-2015 at 04:07 AM.

Junior Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Vladimir Putin View Post
    My later problems came from my immediate coworkers, who didn't have a problem with my performance, but were racist against whites.
    Asians?

Brooklyn CD ladyboy Veteran Poster CD_Sasha's Avatar

Dishwasher in my late teens.. Friggin sucks. Quitted in 3 weeks. Too Americanized for that crap

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

Regulator Professional Poster JenniferParisHusband's Avatar

Worst job ever, I spent a couple of weeks one summer working in a crime-scene cleanup crew. Once the crime-scenes were cleared by the police and people could re-enter, they would call my company, and we would come in and scrape all the brain bits, bones, and other gunk (yes, it's a technical term) off walls and floors, strip the carpets that were all bloody and nasty and usually covered in other things as well. It is literally the stuff of nightmares, and for slightly over minimum wage (in 1992) it wasn't worth it.

1 out of 1 members liked this post.
    Jus wookin puh nub.

President of Russia Veteran Poster Vladimir Putin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vladimir Putin View Post
    My later problems came from my immediate coworkers, who didn't have a problem with my performance, but were racist against whites.
    Quote Originally Posted by eded View Post
    Asians?
    I'd rather not say, don't want to single out any particular group.