Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Senior Member Silver Poster

Default Re: Most difficult or shittiest jobs have you worked

I had a job selling lots on a resort lake over the phone: Soul-Killing, one shift and OUT.

Maybe my worst was when I was drinking heavily one night, and at 3AM my buddy convinced me to come work at his construction job the next morning.
    I showed up at 7AM with no gloves or money, and started digging ditches along Rte One for sewer pipe. The sexiest woman I ever saw in my life was some trailer park hussy strutting her stuff down the Highway in 90 degree heat. Standing in a ditch drenched in hangover sweat with blistered hands and four hours more to go.......She looked like a cool breeze from Heaven. We ended up working overtime and after work I drank beer and went to a high school football game. The next morning the alarm went off and every muscle in my body ached, I couldn't move. Maybe I should have thought things out earlier, but these were my carefree bohemian salad days of youth. I think I still owe G. B. money for my lunch at Arbys.

World Class Asshole

"Qui Audet Adipiscitur" 5 Star Poster KiraHarden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by buttslinger View Post
    I had a job selling lots on a resort lake over the phone: Soul-Killing, one shift and OUT.

Maybe my worst was when I was drinking heavily one night, and at 3AM my buddy convinced me to come work at his construction job the next morning.
    I showed up at 7AM with no gloves or money, and started digging ditches along Rte One for sewer pipe. The sexiest woman I ever saw in my life was some trailer park hussy strutting her stuff down the Highway in 90 degree heat. Standing in a ditch drenched in hangover sweat with blistered hands and four hours more to go.......She looked like a cool breeze from Heaven. We ended up working overtime and after work I drank beer and went to a high school football game. The next morning the alarm went off and every muscle in my body ached, I couldn't move. Maybe I should have thought things out earlier, but these were my carefree bohemian salad days of youth. I think I still owe G. B. money for my lunch at Arbys.
    Better square that debt away

"Of all losses, time is the most irrecoverable for it can never be redeemed.”

"To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all. "

"Ladies its not the dress that makes you look fat, its the fat that makes you look fat "

Senior Member Silver Poster

Quote Originally Posted by KiraHarden View Post
    Better square that debt away
    Years later I asked him if I had paid him back, he said I had, but he's such a nice guy, I still wonder.........

World Class Asshole

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Dong View Post
    I was a dishwasher twice and also a cottage cheese salesman.
    I'm sorry, you have now lost all respectability. Dishwashers are necessary. But cottage cheese salesman?

"Qui Audet Adipiscitur" 5 Star Poster KiraHarden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Dong View Post
    I was a dishwasher twice and also a cottage cheese salesman.
    Cottage cheese salesman. Was that door to door?

"Of all losses, time is the most irrecoverable for it can never be redeemed.”

"To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all. "

"Ladies its not the dress that makes you look fat, its the fat that makes you look fat "

When I finished University in Oregon and moved back to L.A., I had various odd jobs that I hated. One time I answered an ad in the newspaper. It was selling various things over the phone. When I showed up, I was told to call a stack of phone numbers, trying to sell ice cream flavored lollypops to various stores. My goodness, I couldn't make a sell for the life of me and only stayed two or three days before deciding to move on to some other shitty job.

Love that cotage cheese.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	eat-more-cottage-cheese.jpg 
Views:	243 
Size:	355.6 KB 
ID:	741116  

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

Junior Poster

Cleaning surgical instruments. It was a small part of my job, summer after Junior year in High School, mostly I pushed stretchers and set-up up instrument trays (after they were cleaned). But when the women who usually cleaned the instruments called in sick, I was low man n the totem pole.

I learned all the instruments, and how many were in each set. Next year, after HS graduation, they trained me as an OR Tech.

(The side benefit was making out with one of the (femaie) Aids, in the linen closet.)

Quote Originally Posted by wjcdiver View Post
    Cleaning surgical instruments. It was a small part of my job, summer after Junior year in High School, mostly I pushed stretchers and set-up up instrument trays (after they were cleaned). But when the women who usually cleaned the instruments called in sick, I was low man n the totem pole.

I learned all the instruments, and how many were in each set. Next year, after HS graduation, they trained me as an OR Tech.

(The side benefit was making out with one of the (femaie) Aids, in the linen closet.)
    Sounds like it was a good deal for you , I did something similar.

Senior Member Junior Poster bimale69's Avatar

My very first job, back in high school, I worked as a stockboy at a local supermarket during summer vacation. Since I was the new kid, I had to mop the floors then wipe them dry with a paper towel, clean up the window display, retrieve carts, etc. the boss was a complete asshole, (you know one of those holier than thou assholes for whom you could never squat low enough or jump high enough, anything you said or thought was wrong and he was always right) always getting on my case because I wasn't fast enough(basically I was a foot shorter than most people my age, even women) , since every time I started to do something I would get called to get carts, bag groceries, etc. I had to wear a white dress shirt, tie, black business pants, and a stupid grocer's apron(and I HATE WEARING ANY KIND OF TIE TO THIS DAY), which I look complete rediculous in, not to mention of kids I knew from school worked there, so the bullying in my senior year at quadrupled. Finally after a month, the boss gave me my last paycheck and told me I was "off the schedules". I wasn't sad at all, just relieved lol.

I don't need anger management. I just need some people to manage their stupidity.