Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Senior Member Junior Poster bimale69's Avatar

Default Re: Working with Transexual woman in your 9 to 5 job

Quote Originally Posted by maddygirl View Post
    How about just treat her like anyone else. Some of the responses here are ridiculous. "Uh I'd like to get to know her and fuck her." That's pretty much the gist of half the responses here. Well, that's a bit unnerving.
    Very true. My company has a transwoman driving for us, I didn't really know she was until one of the dimwit mechanics outed her, what pissed me off was the offending dimwit mechanic went and spread the word to the other drivers. One afternoon I was at the home terminal for our "truckers appreciation week", she was there moving into a new truck, a couple drivers (idiot rednecks) came up to me whispering "hey that's really a dude!", to which I explained that she had has just as much right to be out here working as anyone else. Unfortunately, they started acting like the hillbilly dumbasses that they were and trying to spread some rumor that I was a "good buddy" and that I was her "fag boyfriend". Fortunately the company has a VERY strict LGBT friendly anti-discrimination/harassment policy,the offending mechanic and those drivers are gone and the tgirl working here is one of our best drivers. ( and no, I wasn't dating her, as I don't fraternize with co-workers) I have no problem at all working along side transgender and gay employees and supervisors, in fact I wish there were more of them in my industry. I feel more comfortable among them than with most of the redneck bible thumping hillbillies out here. Of course it helps I'm a member of the LGBT community myself.

2 out of 2 members liked this post.
    I don't need anger management. I just need some people to manage their stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by maddygirl View Post
    How about just treat her like anyone else. Some of the responses here are ridiculous. "Uh I'd like to get to know her and fuck her." That's pretty much the gist of half the responses here. Well, that's a bit unnerving.
    Damn, I read all of the comments and I think you're off base. It's nowhere near half. The majority of comments were fairly respectful, with many posters saying they wouldn't even have ANY workplace relationships.

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

To answer the OP though...I've never (as far as I know) run into a transsexual on my job...and there are definitely none at my small work location at present. I would support them if necessary, other than that I would treat them like any other worker.
    I don't have an "I don't date coworkers" policy...as a matter of fact, I have dated a few and even married one for many, many years...but it's probably not the best idea in the world...but if there was a mutual attraction and she was NOT a subordinate...then I wouldn't rule it out. Same as GG.

Good question BTW.

Don't know if I would've answered this question the same way twenty or thirty years ago. I'd like to think so.

2 out of 2 members liked this post.
    Last edited by fred41; 08-14-2014 at 02:36 AM.