Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    "Qui Audet Adipiscitur" 5 Star Poster KiraHarden's Avatar

Default Working with Transexual woman in your 9 to 5 job

How would you guys handle working with a co worker that transitions on the job in your workplace. Would you show your support? Would your view this as your chance to get to know a trans woman, become friends, ask out, try to date, or see this as a chance to live out a fantasy of sleeping with a ts female, and risk being outted?

It will be 10 yrs ago next month that I transitioned on my job, and for the most part it's been great drama free, more Coworkers say hello or talk with me now than my past life there, and in the past few yrs quite a few of my male coworkers hit on me, flirt, or have asked me out, including a lesbian who became angry and hasn't said a word to me in a few yrs since I turned down her invite to meet her at a bar for a drink. I won't date or sleep with anyone from my workplace thou. Don't need a potential headache developing on the job

I'm also have been celibate now just over 3 yrs, enjoy being single and relationship free

7 out of 7 members liked this post.
    Last edited by KiraHarden; 08-11-2014 at 08:12 AM.
    "Of all losses, time is the most irrecoverable for it can never be redeemed.”

"To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all. "

"Ladies its not the dress that makes you look fat, its the fat that makes you look fat "

Silver Poster

Default Re: Working with Transexual woman in your 9 to 5 job

i'd most likely treat this individual just like i treat anyone else at my workplace. i wouldn't care or be interested in their transition because that's their own private matter. my only interest would be how efficient they are completing tasks required of them.

as to romantic interest (dating, friendship, asking out, living a fantasy): no. my interest in transexuals doesn't extend to the point where i want to engage it. i find the reality more disappointing than the fantasy hints.

Senior Member Junior Poster

i would support and encourage her, ask her out if she is single, if we both bond well together would make her my wife, grow old with her.....

Senior Member Veteran Poster Rusty Eldora's Avatar

Smile Re: Working with Transexual woman in your 9 to 5 job

As I now know several tgirls I would be very encouraging but professional at work. I have found that someone able to complete the challenge of transition should be able to tackle problems at work with ease, if she is interested in them.

Yes workplace romances are usually disasters, I think with a tgirl there is more attention on them as well as issues of harassment, meaning they really need to keep their nest clean.

Would I personally hire, work with, or work for a tgirl. It would be an honor.

1 out of 2 members liked this post.

The house detective Junior Poster Turlington's Avatar

I wouldn't have any problems whatsoever.

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

Calvin: I let my mind wander and it didn't come back.
    Mom: I figured you'd lost your mind years ago.

How are you?
    Tell you the truth I wouldn't do none of thee above. I am glad it was drama free for you, that's great, but for me I really wouldn't care about if that person is transitioning or not, I am there for work and that only, that's always been my spread.

I would say hi and keep it moving, I wouldn't ask questions or try to date or sex a TGirl on the job, I don't even do that with women, "Don't eat and shit in the same place", and I have followed that motto even with women. I have never dated a woman on the job and never will.

I would leave that personal thingy that the TGirl is going through private and wouldn't want to get involved in talks or anything.

I find it very odd that people started talking to you after you transitioned.

Quote Originally Posted by KiraHarden View Post
    How would you guys handle working with a co worker that transitions on the job in your workplace. Would you show your support? Would your view this as your chance to get to know a trans woman, become friends, ask out, try to date, or see this as a chance to live out a fantasy of sleeping with a ts female, and risk being outted?

It will be 10 yrs ago next month that I transitioned on my job, and for the most part it's been great drama free, more Coworkers say hello or talk with me now than my past life there, and in the past few yrs quite a few of my male coworkers hit on me, flirt, or have asked me out, including a lesbian who became angry and hasn't said a word to me in a few yrs since I turned down her invite to meet her at a bar for a drink. I won't date or sleep with anyone from my workplace thou. Don't need a potential headache developing on the job

I'm also have been celibate now just over 3 yrs, enjoy being single and relationship free

I have been following and supporting the transgender community for nearly 30 years. Although now retired and not in the workforce, I would hope I would be equally supportive of a peer that felt the need to transition their life in an effort to be the person they believe themselves to be. I would hope they wouldn't take that decision lightly. However, I would not date anyone I worked with for romantic purposes. I've never seen it turn out well, both from personal and observed experiences.

I have no reservations regarding dating, either privately or publicly, a person that is in transition. There are ladies within the community for which I garner a great amount of affection. For me personally, an extended relationship with the right lady is not out of the question.

Walk down the street with you....YOU BET!!!

Trans admirer and friend Junior Poster

I consider myself a trans supporter, and have many trans friends including FTMs.

I've never had a trans person (that I know of) work at the places I've worked.

All I know, is where I live, it is still a very backward hispanic catholic community, and it's 50/50 in how they treat anyone LGBT. at work, they would all of the sudden mention transsexuals, and say demeaning stuff like " if one of those things ever works here, I'll wait for it outside of work and kick it's ass" and stuff like that.

My reaction was "hey dude, what the fuck is it to you? " and since I'm not exactly scrawny, i got the impression that they realized they were out of line. It's just too bad I never had the opportunity to stand up for anyone in person.

At my current job, the owners would not even consider hiring a transgendered person, and it's one of the reason I want to leave.

Senior Member Junior Poster SmithXXX's Avatar

I work along side transgender women quite a bit in my job. It is very difficult to not hit on them and not sleep with them. As a matter of fact if I don't have sex with them the camera man would get mad and I probably would get fired......lol I do love my job

4 out of 4 members liked this post.
    Blog: www.otola.net/3ballphoto
    Twitter: @3ballsmith

Junior Poster

I work alone, so it would be somewhat alarming.