Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: The Galaxy Has Guardians

I just got back from the movies watching Guardians. Have to say it was pretty awesome! Not sure how you could give this movie a bad review. It was light, funny, full of good action, special effects and good one liners. It's a movie based out of a comic-book and ties into other Marvel movies that are out. Very well done.

Life is short. Just enjoy it.

I took my GF to go see it
    I enjoyed it

Insert Witty Title Here Veteran Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie French View Post
    You only think it was those things because the movie kept telling you it was those things. It wasn't actually those things. It a surface level time killer for surface level people with time to kill. This is not a matter of taste, it's a matter of intelligence. You've been duped kid. Eat it up, you're keeping people employed. Only good thing I can say about it.
    God forbid someone enjoy some mindless entertainment once in a while. I'm pretty sure most adults are well aware of what the movie is trying to tell them, and they are willing to suspend belief and go with it for an enjoyable experience. It's not a lack of intelligence, its called enjoying the simple pleasures in life. Not everything in life is so serious. You're going to give yourself ulcers stressing yourself out so much.

You're a fan boy. Of course your opinion doesn't count. Popularity doesn't equal good. It equals popular.

Look, I'm not trying to separate idiots from their joy. Bad reviews are meant for those who know something is not quite right but maybe can't quite put their finger on it... bad reviews are tipping points for developing minds.

If you know why something is bad then you can live a more rewarding life by bypassing more the crap they hand out and going straight to earning the truly rewarding stuff. True joy is earned not forced fed to you by talking racoons after the pop culture zeitgeist has worn down your defenses.

Bitching on your side is preaching to a choir full of people you won't be separated from their pacifiers.

My form of bitching builds character for those of us who know that what is offered to us from the den of the lowest common denominator is NOT the only option.
    Everyone is aware that popularity doesn't mean something is good. Look at any Michael Bay movie and you can see that. Whether the poster you qouted is a fan boy or not doesn't matter, his opinion is worth as much as yours...exactly nothing.

Everyone is well aware of art house and independent films. Why can't he enjoy both? Professional movie critics enjoyed it, and they also enjoy many of the films you probably enjoy as well. I can enjoy a move like Apocalypse Now and then go on and watch They Live right after it and have just as much of a good time.

You can slam away with your elitist mentality all you want, but it's laughable how you go on to claim that bitching builds character. Debate and thought builds character. Dismissing the "inferior minds" around you shows a closed mind and an "I'm always right" mentality that does not allow for growth. Claims of intellectualism won't hide that.

With that said, I liked the movie until the end. Honestly, you mean to tell me Ronan is not going to smash his hammer into the ground and end the world of Nova just because Quill is dancing like an idiot?!? They couldn't come up with a better plot device than that?!? That's where the movie jumped the shark for me. It wasn't bad enough to make me wish I had that 2 hours of my life back though. All in all, I was still entertained.

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

Senior Member 5 Star Poster Jamie French's Avatar

Soooo... summed up, you're wrong? That's a lot of words for such a simple sentiment.

Quote Originally Posted by serial138 View Post
    God forbid someone enjoy some mindless entertainment once in a while. I'm pretty sure most adults are well aware of what the movie is trying to tell them, and they are willing to suspend belief and go with it for an enjoyable experience. It's not a lack of intelligence, its called enjoying the simple pleasures in life. Not everything in life is so serious. You're going to give yourself ulcers stressing yourself out so much.

Everyone is aware that popularity doesn't mean something is good. Look at any Michael Bay movie and you can see that. Whether the poster you qouted is a fan boy or not doesn't matter, his opinion is worth as much as yours...exactly nothing.

Everyone is well aware of art house and independent films. Why can't he enjoy both? Professional movie critics enjoyed it, and they also enjoy many of the films you probably enjoy as well. I can enjoy a move like Apocalypse Now and then go on and watch They Live right after it and have just as much of a good time.

You can slam away with your elitist mentality all you want, but it's laughable how you go on to claim that bitching builds character. Debate and thought builds character. Dismissing the "inferior minds" around you shows a closed mind and an "I'm always right" mentality that does not allow for growth. Claims of intellectualism won't hide that.

With that said, I liked the movie until the end. Honestly, you mean to tell me Ronan is not going to smash his hammer into the ground and end the world of Nova just because Quill is dancing like an idiot?!? They couldn't come up with a better plot device than that?!? That's where the movie jumped the shark for me. It wasn't bad enough to make me wish I had that 2 hours of my life back though. All in all, I was still entertained.

1 out of 3 members liked this post.
    26 lifetime passes left to my site for my face surgery. Help out, gimme your email & I'll make it worth your while. https://life.indiegogo.com/fundraise...-surgery-funds

My @clips4sale store... updated every day for the next year and a half, starting... NOW. http://clips4sale.com/20182

http://deadgirlproductions.com/
    http://www.tsjamiefrench.com
    http://www.twitter.com/Jamie_French

Yall taking this to dam seriously. All I wanna do is fuck Zoe in her green body LOL she should get a 11 inch green strapon to match and we fuck as hard as we can she looks sexy in whatever color she is LOL dam she done played green in two movies, Avatar and now this.

She was blue in Avatar.

and virtual.

...but yeah, I've watched movies just because she's in them!

Last edited by fred41; 08-13-2014 at 01:28 PM.

Junior Poster

I like the review still cant believe they wont nominate a raccoon for an Oscar fucking racists so this isn't the new citizen cane?

Professional Poster

Quote Originally Posted by christianxxx View Post
    alpha2117 - your assessment of this entire thread is spot on. the more she makes fun of your opinion, the more accurate it is.
    Thanks man.

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

Professional Poster

You're a fan boy. Of course your opinion doesn't count. Popularity doesn't equal good. It equals popular.

Look, I'm not trying to separate idiots from their joy. Bad reviews are meant for those who know something is not quite right but maybe can't quite put their finger on it... bad reviews are tipping points for developing minds.

If you know why something is bad then you can live a more rewarding life by bypassing more the crap they hand out and going straight to earning the truly rewarding stuff. True joy is earned not forced fed to you by talking racoons after the pop culture zeitgeist has worn down your defenses.

Bitching on your side is preaching to a choir full of people you won't be separated from their pacifiers.

My form of bitching builds character for those of us who know that what is offered to us from the den of the lowest common denominator is NOT the only option.
    I'm not a "fanboy" as you call them. I just got the film and you clearly didn't. As I pointed out the world would be boring if everybody agreed on everything. You think it's aimed at the lowest common denominator , I dont and neither do most of the respected film critics. Your opinion is your opinion and you are entitled to it but it doesn't mean the film is crap - it just means YOU didn't like it.

Your attitude towards people that disagree with you is sadly typical of the internet ... little respect or attempt at understanding and ultimately little or no thoughts carrying any real weight.

The film isn't bad and the majority of critics and audiences agree on that, there will always be people who dont like something even if it's a good product because it doesn't fit their personal tastes. In this case GOTG doesn't fir your tastes despite it's quality. BAD is Madonna's Swept Away - which even it's own director admits is pretty awful.

You accuse me of bitching but last time I checked I'm the one making a rational argument whilst you are just stating your opinion is better than other peoples. GOTG is averaging 8.7/10 on IMDB and 92% Fresh with critics on Rotten Tomatoes and 96% with the audience. It's made 319 million world wide in 11 days. So that says the majority of critics like it, the majority of the audience liked it and it has a large audience. So I'm afraid you are in the minority here. That's fine by the way ... you are allowed not to like things that the majority do like but dont expect us to agree with you.

2 out of 2 members liked this post.

Senior Member Gold Poster christianxxx's Avatar

Jamie is one of those people who would win the lottery and complain about having to pay the taxes on it. lol

2 out of 2 members liked this post.