Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Junior Poster

Quote Originally Posted by J
    i

seanj, for starters, u lose all credibility when u post cute lil pictures of dogs with silly captions about we are not itty bitty monsters, aww...if u have logic and reasoning on ur side, why not post some pictures of children getting torn apart by vicious pits .
    i'm trying my best right now not to call you out for that moronic bull shit you posted... i'm not gonna do it because then this entire thread would get deleted and the more evolved on the board wouldnt be able to sign the petition.

if u wanna chat feel free to pm me or i can give u my email address.

in a 10 year study the APBT was found to be responsible for only 2.8% of dog bites. the APBT also ranks ahead of most breeds in temperment tests administed by the American Temperment Society.

2005 American Temperament Test Results
    Pit Bulls are often victims of prejudice and discrimination. Responsible Pit Bull owners and their dogs will help restore the image of the breed.

In 2005 at the American Temperament Test, Pit Bull dogs achieved a combined passing score of 83.8%.

American Pit Bull Terrier: 515 tested 83.5% passed
    American Staffordshire Terrier: 503 tested 83.3% passed
    Staffordshire Bull Terrier: 59 tested 84.7% passed
    Total 1077 tested 83.8% passed

To put this in perspective, consider:

All Breeds: 26,615 tested 81.2% passed
    Collie: 801 tested 79.0% passed
    Golden Retriever: 679 tested 83.7% passed

Pit Bulls Make Great Partners!

To Learn More About the American Temperament Test Society Click Here

About Canine Temperament

Because of breed-specific dog legislation and negative publicity associated with many breeds of dogs, temperament testing has assumed an important role for today's dog fancier. The American Temperament Test provides breeders a means for evaluating temperament and gives pet owners insight into their dog's behavior. It can have an impact on breeding programs and in educating owners about their dog's behavioral strengths and weaknesses as well as providing a positive influence on dog legislation.

What is temperament?

W. Handel, German Police Dog Trainer, in his article, "The Psychological Basis of Temperament Testing," defines temperament as:"the sum total of all inborn and acquired physical and mental traits and talents which
    determines, forms and regulates behavior in the environment"

The ATTS test focuses on and measures different aspects of temperament such as stability, shyness, aggressiveness, and friendliness as well as the dog's instinct for protectiveness towards its handler and/or self-preservation in the face of a threat. The test is designed for the betterment of all breeds of dogs and takes into consideration each breed's inherent tendencies.

The test simulates a casual walk through the park or neighborhood where everyday life situations are encountered. During this walk, the dog experiences visual, auditory and tactile stimuli. Neutral, friendly and threatening situations are encountered, calling into play the dog's ability to distinguish between non-threatening situations and those calling for watchful and protective reactions.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	trupitbull_207.jpg 
Views:	647 
Size:	26.4 KB 
ID:	50983  

Quote Originally Posted by chefmike
    Quote Originally Posted by MacShreach
    Actually I have been attacked more often by collies than any other breed, and in a passing conversation with my postie this morning after I read the first post, he agreed!
    That's interesting, I've owned two collie's in the past, and while they are great family dogs, they do tend to be territorial...mine were aggressive toward other dogs, mail and delivery men, and also loved to chase cars on the quiet street that I grew up on...but I still think that they're a wonderful breed and make great family pets...as long as you have a big yard with a high fence...
    LMAO... The first dog I was ever attacked by was a Collie. I was an 8-year old at a plant nursery with my mother when it attacked without provocation. The Collie chewed me up for close to a minute before people were able to get it away. Fortunately, they're not strongest of dogs. Otherwise, I might have been seriously hurt (I only had a few bites on my arms, one leg, and my back).

Oh, and before I forget, WELCOME BACK TO ACTIVE POSTING, J.

-Quinn

Life is essentially one long Benny Hill skit punctuated by the occasional Anne Frank moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Arianna
    Just to show a little contrast here...

Wanna pet Big Vinnie's pit?
    Great Pic!!!

I think you people are missing a major point here.There are so many dogs out there much stronger,bigger,faster and lethal than Pits.Fortunately thugs who own pits are sheep and follow the herd.God forbid they actually ever do some research and get a truly powerful manstopping dog.

Nobody is crying out for the banishment of the Presa Canario,120 lbs of bad ass animal.I got news I'd take my chances w/ a pit anyday over a Presa.Fortunately nobody is backyard breeding,and if they are the quality is shat.You cant get a champion Presa for under 1500.00,so they are cost prohibitive.But the avg. pit is 50-70lbs the presais 120..do the math....Pits are just ghetto fabulous sadly.

As far as manstopping power,speed,bite and other factors most police forces are turning to the Belgian Malinois...lets see how long it is before the gangsters figure that one out.

DJ Asia

Racist Asshole ... I'm Banned! Professional Poster

Default Re: off topic...California law to ban/exterminate Pit Bulls

Quote Originally Posted by seanj
    i can tell you that the pit bull is one of the friendlies, most loyal, loving, family dog there is...
    Whatever! You want some real information about pit bulls? I was out jogging one night, and someone's friendly little pit bull come charging out of the trees after me snarling and about to leap on me, and for no other reason than just because I happened to jog by. I reared back and kicked that bastard in the mouth so hard that I knocked him clean out. I got so angry at the thought of almost being mauled by him that I stomped his head and chest in the concrete for good measure. I kept jogging, and don't know if he ever woke up, and nor did I care. That was out of pure hatred for those jackals! I hate them dogs, and everything they represent, with a passion.

The pit bull is a stupid, ghetto, ugly ass, vicious mutt. I personally wouldn't mind a law that grants citizens the right to shoot them on sight. They're a menace and are popularized and promoted by the gangster Hip Hop culture. Take your petition and shove it up your ass you moron. I can't believe you would even be a proponent for pit bull rights.

Junior Poster

yeah pits can be pretty tough looking....but that has nothing to do with their outstanding temperment and the fact that they make great family pets.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	index_1php_158.jpg 
Views:	639 
Size:	64.1 KB 
ID:	50984   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pitbull_197.jpg 
Views:	634 
Size:	19.9 KB 
ID:	50985  
    Attached Images Attached Images

ide rather err on the side of caution and dissalow ownership of all potentially dangerous pets...the statement that even a tiny dog can be dangerous in the wrong hands is really silly......
    Nobody is gonna tell me what kind of breed of dog I can own.What is dangerous?? You start allowing government to dictate to you the definition of dangerous and before you know it we'll have a nation full of Maltese's,MinPin's and Toy Poodles.

Personally I dont own a gun,however if I ever decide to move back to the states,I will reinvest in a large powerful manstopping dog.I sleep better at night knowing I have 140 lbs of attitude willing to die for me snoring on the end of my bed (and im not talking about my g/f either )
    That being said,it comes with great responsibility and care to ensure safety for others when owning an alpha breed,a duty and responsibilty I willingly accept.
    As far as tiny dogs not being mean and dangerous you obviously have never met my dads little shit dog..will tear your throat out if u go anywhere near his food!

Banned again for being a jizzmop, oh well! Gold Poster

its so obvious who is logical, using his brains and being fair here and who is tugging emotionally with blatant disregard for anything said countering his opinion...

well done quinn...

seanj, for starters, u lose all credibility when u post cute lil pictures of dogs with silly captions about we are not itty bitty monsters, aww...if u have logic and reasoning on ur side, why not post some pictures of children getting torn apart by vicious pits to counterbalance the baby pit ones? eh? quinn isnt doing that, when in all fairness, to emphasize his points he should...secondly, ur rambling and unfairly getting personal with quinn, while he is being overly sensitive to the issue and simply using logic and stats...so u lose on presentation and style...

as for the subject at hand, there are neighborhoods in nyc that once had thriving dog parks where all breeds ran around and played, but now theyre barron except for some vicious pitts roaming the area with their equally menacing owners...yes, pitts have ruined entire neighborhoods and owners of small dogs are petrified to have their dogs shredded...sad, but reality...im a huge dog lover, i truly love dogs, but i would NOT move into a building that allowed pitts...bottom line, we cannot moniter or regulate owners and ensure they properly and lovingly raise their pitts, thus, while its a no win situation, ide rather err on the side of caution and dissalow ownership of all potentially dangerous pets...the statement that even a tiny dog can be dangerous in the wrong hands is really silly...airlines, since 9/11, dont allow weapons on board, for obvious reasons, but like goerge carlin says, hell u can beat the hell out of a pilot with a sunday NY Times...hell if u had really big hands u can choke a flight attendant with each hand...of course, anything can be dangerous, but if we are to draw a line, it clearly falls somewhere between a lion and a poodle, and in my opinion the line seperates the poodle and pitt...

hey, if u had a new neighbor, wearin a rag, tattoos all over who drove an el camino and moved in next door in ur building with a barking pitt, and ur 3 year old wandered into the hallway unattended youde feel comfy? if ur parenting skills are on par with ur arguing ones then u probably would...i would be mortified and probably move asap...

either way, its a debate that can fairly be argued with no need for personal attacks, i simply made them since ur trying to portray quinn or anyone who doesnt share ur view as some hatefull insensitive moron who doesnt understand anything and is twisting stats to suit their evil desire to kill baby doggies...thats not fair...as a dog owner, and lover, of course it hurts me to see innocent dogs effected by a measure, but it hurts me even more if just one child gets hurt due to restrictions, i feel justifiable, not put in place...
    Hey! J's back, about damn time. I don't have anything else to add to this thread, because I just don't like dogs. Cats are much more sophisticated, in my opinion, although they admittedly serve no purpose.

Cats are essentially domesticated squirrels, but who doesn't like squirrels?

Although if there was a breed of aggressive, trained "attack" house cat, I'd probably get one or two. I'd sit around like Odin surrounded by his wolves. I'd invite people over, unleash the beasts, then drink mead from one of those hollowed horn, viking type thingys. An odd form of entertainment, but it would be pretty fun.

The two cats I have are pretty much the laziest two beings in the universe, from what I've seen. They literally do nothing all day.

Hehe at the Herzog movie reference, Arianna. I still haven't seen that, and it's by all accounts a pretty horrible deal (at least what happened to the girl), but from what I've heard and read, that guy deserved to be eaten by bears.

I'm in no way advocating that nutjobs should be eaten by bears, but this guy seemed like a complete lunatic. I have to watch the movie, maybe tomarrow.

Junior Poster

seanj, did u read inhoustons post? thats exactly how u sound but on the other side of the issue...

if this was an abortion debate u would be the one trying to dissalow jerking off since ur killing millions of potential babies, and youde probably be posting cute lil images of smiling sperm, where hede be advocating the right of mothers to bash their babies skulls in so long as its still attached to the umbilical cord...ur both extremists...

as for ur stats and arguments, fair and great that ur finally reverting to logic and real issues not silly pics and emotional tugs...theres no need for personal attacks nor implications on either end...it boils down to me and some others believing that potentially dangerous dogs should not be allowed as pets since we dont know or cant guage how they were reared, and u fealing that a few (the number is debateable) bad pet owners shouldnt ruin it for the rest of us...a fair argument...as for seanchai's analogy of guns and how its really their owners usage of them thats pertinent, its an attenuated one to me since guns dont have legs and teeth and cant roam around unsupervised and rip kids apart...a gun is harmless unless it has a finger on the trigger, whereas a poorly raised dog is a danger even if the owner drops dead...

as for PMing u or emailing u, i have no problems discussing or debating anything privately or publicly, im just curious as to why youde want to leave a public forum where u can perhaps persuade people who dont share ur opinion of the veracity of ur position...
    of course i am going to post "cute" pics and puppy pics....because for the most part people dont see that side of the pit bull....they only see and hear about some viscous pit mauling an innocent person.

as for personal attacks....i started this thread to shed some light on a serious issue....this idiot comes on here and says that he knows pits are wonderful dogs but exterminate them anyway because a small minority of scumbag owners train them to be viscous....my reply was that logic doesnt make sense and gave the reasons it doesnt...then he attacked me.....most pit bulls are owned by responsible people who know the true nature of this loving, devoted , trustworthy breed....and i'm supposed to let some moron who says he knows the dog is good tell me they shoud be exterminated? no... this is a very emotional issue for people like myself who know the breed well and know their true nature.

and you said dogs that are potentially dangerous should not be allowed as pets??? all dogs are potentially dangerous. If pitbulls are banned they will just move on to another breed., There are alot of big toughbreeds out there. I hopethe idiots have alot of time on hand. They are going to be passing laws on dogs for a long long time.

i posted it earlier and ill do it again....temperment is the dogs inborn and acquired physical and mental traits which help to define how it will behave.....and the APBT scored higher than most other breeds.

i had a couple of pm from people on the board saying that i should not let the assholes on the board get to me and that they signed the petition.....thats all i wanted so its all good.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pit Bulls are often victims of prejudice and discrimination. Responsible Pit Bull owners and their dogs will help restore the image of the breed.

In 2005 at the American Temperament Test, Pit Bull dogs achieved a combined passing score of 83.8%.

About Canine Temperament

Because of breed-specific dog legislation and negative publicity associated with many breeds of dogs, temperament testing has assumed an important role for today's dog fancier. The American Temperament Test provides breeders a means for evaluating temperament and gives pet owners insight into their dog's behavior. It can have an impact on breeding programs and in educating owners about their dog's behavioral strengths and weaknesses as well as providing a positive influence on dog legislation.

What is temperament?

W. Handel, German Police Dog Trainer, in his article, "The Psychological Basis of Temperament Testing," defines temperament as:"the sum total of all inborn and acquired physical and mental traits and talents which

The ATTS test focuses on and measures different aspects of temperament such as stability, shyness, aggressiveness, and friendliness as well as the dog's instinct for protectiveness towards its handler and/or self-preservation in the face of a threat. The test is designed for the betterment of all breeds of dogs and takes into consideration each breed's inherent tendencies.

The test simulates a casual walk through the park or neighborhood where everyday life situations are encountered. During this walk, the dog experiences visual, auditory and tactile stimuli. Neutral, friendly and threatening situations are encountered, calling into play the dog's ability to distinguish between non-threatening situations and those calling for watchful and protective reactions.

Quote Originally Posted by seanj
    seanj, did u read inhoustons post? thats exactly how u sound but on the other side of the issue...

if this was an abortion debate u would be the one trying to dissalow jerking off since ur killing millions of potential babies, and youde probably be posting cute lil images of smiling sperm, where hede be advocating the right of mothers to bash their babies skulls in so long as its still attached to the umbilical cord...ur both extremists...

as for ur stats and arguments, fair and great that ur finally reverting to logic and real issues not silly pics and emotional tugs...theres no need for personal attacks nor implications on either end...it boils down to me and some others believing that potentially dangerous dogs should not be allowed as pets since we dont know or cant guage how they were reared, and u fealing that a few (the number is debateable) bad pet owners shouldnt ruin it for the rest of us...a fair argument...as for seanchai's analogy of guns and how its really their owners usage of them thats pertinent, its an attenuated one to me since guns dont have legs and teeth and cant roam around unsupervised and rip kids apart...a gun is harmless unless it has a finger on the trigger, whereas a poorly raised dog is a danger even if the owner drops dead...

as for PMing u or emailing u, i have no problems discussing or debating anything privately or publicly, im just curious as to why youde want to leave a public forum where u can perhaps persuade people who dont share ur opinion of the veracity of ur position...
    of course i am going to post "cute" pics and puppy pics....because for the most part people dont see that side of the pit bull....they only see and hear about some viscous pit mauling an innocent person.

as for personal attacks....i started this thread to shed some light on a serious issue....this idiot comes on here and says that he knows pits are wonderful dogs but exterminate them anyway because a small minority of scumbag owners train them to be viscous....my reply was that logic doesnt make sense and gave the reasons it doesnt...then he attacked me.....most pit bulls are owned by responsible people who know the true nature of this loving, devoted , trustworthy breed....and i'm supposed to let some moron who says he knows the dog is good tell me they shoud be exterminated? no... this is a very emotional issue for people like myself who know the breed well and know their true nature.

and you said dogs that are potentially dangerous should not be allowed as pets??? all dogs are potentially dangerous. If pitbulls are banned they will just move on to another breed., There are alot of big toughbreeds out there. I hopethe idiots have alot of time on hand. They are going to be passing laws on dogs for a long long time.

i posted it earlier and ill do it again....temperment is the dogs inborn and acquired physical and mental traits which help to define how it will behave.....and the APBT scored higher than most other breeds.

i had a couple of pm from people on the board saying that i should not let the assholes on the board get to me and that they signed the petition.....thats all i wanted so its all good.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

About Canine Temperament

What is temperament?

Oh for fucks sake. This Pit Bull thing or whatever it is, has officially jumped the shark. Not my place to say, but who really cares anymore?

I'd nominate seanj for the No-Prize, but Stan Lee doesn't post here (as far as I know).