Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 38910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Palestine

Senior Member Silver Poster

Default Re: Palestine

If you think Hamas and Isis are crazy, Israel is bat-shit Dangerous type crazy, because before they lose a war with an Arab Nation, or all the Arab Nations, They will MELT the Arab Nations.

Everything else is a Power-Grab. Just like the money in your wallet. More money, more power. Palestine seems to be parading their dead kids past the CNN cameras so the World will sympathize with them and cut off aid to Israel.

I doubt Jesus agreed with the Romans when they crucified him, Rome is the greatest Nation the world has ever seen, and they murdered more people than Hitler. If Germany had won WWII, we'd probably all be vacationing there and admiring the food and efficient railway system. No bums on the streets either.

Sometimes in Court there can be a case where both sides can make a very compelling case, and it's up to the Judge to rule based on the LAW. Because of our Economy and Nuclear Arsenal, the USA will always be the elephant in the room. Palestine will never attack Israel, Hamas attacks Israel. If Palestine attacked Israel that would give them every right to invade Palestine and start building seaside hotels.

Israel is about CONTROL and Palestine is about CHAOS because those are the best cards they have to play. There is no question Israel will triumph, just like it always has.

World Class Asshole

US Leaders Aid and Abet Israeli War Crimes, Genocide & Crimes against Humanity:

http://jurist.org/forum/2014/08/marj...ael-crimes.php

0 out of 1 members liked this post.

5 Star Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Ben View Post
    US Leaders Aid and Abet Israeli War Crimes, Genocide & Crimes against Humanity:

http://jurist.org/forum/2014/08/marj...ael-crimes.php

if killing 2,000 palestinians ( about half of them were Hamas troops... ) is genocide , how would you call the killing of 170,000 poeple in Syria?

2 out of 2 members liked this post.

Member Rookie Poster

I think you have to say what would you do?

If someone built a wall around the UK, starved our economy, families and children I would fire rockets at my oppressors.

You would have thought after being persecuted for 2000 years the jews may learn to treat others as they would like to be treated. Not keep their foot on a starving peoples throats trying to grind them into submission.

It is not right.

Personally I think that Western governments have an obligation to support the reopening of the border with Egypt. Offering Egypt assistance against the inevitable Israeli reprisals.

What is happening in Syria is appalling but it is an internal affair and so can not be considered in the same context (civil war - as was Iraq - finally a lesson learned perhaps??).

Israel and Palestine are supposedly two sovereign states. It is high time the Jewish Lobby in New York stopped supporting the spoiled brat of the Middle East and start to consider a permanent solution that does not revolve around hotels and new towns for Israelis on the Med.

I'm bored of all the airport security and "terror threat" updates. It's time to live and let live.

Jews, Muslims and Christians, all come from the same religion tree with tiny differences belief. Prophets and Messiahs. Its time to accept that and move past it, to come to the understanding that it is a few people after money and power manipulating the poor and uneducated for their own ends.

The list of examples from history is unending, the fact that people still cant see it is disappointing.

Salah ah din (saladin) knew that in the 1100s.

1 out of 3 members liked this post.

Senior Member Platinum Poster

Quote Originally Posted by yosi View Post
    Stavros my friend

what is YOUR solution to this conflict?

before you answer please listen again someone who knows he truth about Hamas more than anyone else
    Yosi we have done this before, and it makes no difference who you trot out for public viewing -we know about Hamas and have known since the beginning, we know where they come from and what they believe but we cannot wish them away any more than we can transform the Israeli government overnight. Hamas exists, they are part of the equation, and if Israel wants to make peace it must make it with its enemies, which is also true of Hamas, and as I have said before, there have been indications in the past that Hamas is prepared to be pragmatic. Until they are given the chance to be pragmatic they will respond with ideology.
    The solution right now is to stop the rockets and stop the military engagement; in the medium term there has to be a re-negotiation of the border controls that have strangled Gaza -with both Israel and Egypt- and confidence-building measures on both sides to establish a meaningful dialogue. Just as there was a huge debate in Northern Ireland over the de-commissioning of weapons by both the Republican and Loyalist paramilitaries, so there must be serious discussions about the de-militarisation of Gaza, and the revocation of the right of (illegal) settlers in the West Bank to carry arms. There are as I have suggested before numerous measures that can improve life there, but at some point Israel has to make a major structural move on illegal settlements; it must also abolish the zoning of the West Bank which is an insult to everyone who lives there,and is in practical terms an obstacle to the economic and social life of the Palestinians.
    Perhaps for once you will comment on Israel rather than Hamas; most people it seems are nervous, if not terrified of debating Israel, but it is important.

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

5 Star Poster

Quote Originally Posted by admires69 View Post

If someone built a wall around the UK, starved our economy, families and children I would fire rockets at my oppressors.

if some poeple will fire missiles and rockets on London on a daily basis , you will do anything to opress these poeple.

What is happening in Syria is appalling but it is an internal affair and so can not be considered in the same context .
    the context is the same : innocent poeple are being killed.

you call the killing 170,000 poeple , many of them by chemical weapons just as an internal affair?

1 out of 1 members liked this post.
    Last edited by yosi; 08-11-2014 at 07:50 PM. Reason: fixing errors

5 Star Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Stavros View Post
    The solution right now is to stop the rockets and stop the military engagement; in the medium term there has to be a re-negotiation of the border controls that have strangled Gaza -with both Israel and Egypt- and confidence-building measures on both sides to establish a meaningful dialogue. Just as there was a huge debate in Northern Ireland over the de-commissioning of weapons by both the Republican and Loyalist paramilitaries, so there must be serious discussions about the de-militarisation of Gaza, and the revocation of the right of (illegal) settlers in the West Bank to carry arms. There are as I have suggested before numerous measures that can improve life there, but at some point Israel has to make a major structural move on illegal settlements; it must also abolish the zoning of the West Bank which is an insult to everyone who lives there,and is in practical terms an obstacle to the economic and social life of the Palestinians.
    Perhaps for once you will comment on Israel rather than Hamas; most people it seems are nervous, if not terrified of debating Israel, but it is important.
    I also hope that The solution right now will be to stop the rockets and to stop the military engagement; in the medium term there has to be a re-negotiation of the border controls that have strangled Gaza -with both Israel and Egypt.

I wish both sides could end this conflict like this

on the other hand , if both of us have a conflict , the basic thing to get an agreement between us is to aknowledge the fact that both of us have the right to be here..........

Gold Poster

Quote Originally Posted by yosi View Post

you call the killing 170,000 poeple , many of them by chemical weapons just as an internal affair?
    I was puzzled by that myself. It's a distinction without a difference. What is the significance of it being an internal affair? A dictator slaughters 170,000 people and if they live within the same internationally recognized boundaries it's less of a crime? The international community should be less interested because the gassing of civilians was completely domestic in scope?

I will point out that the killing in Iraq is sectarian in nature. People are being killed for no reason other than sectarian and religious differences. So, it's not as though identity of the victim plays more of a role in the Israel-Palestine conflict when in Iraq people are chosen for slaughter purely based on their religious background.

Gold Poster

It is high time the Jewish Lobby in New York stopped supporting the spoiled brat of the Middle East

Is that where it is? Surely there must be offices in London, LA, and Paris. With real estate prices what they are in New York, it was a foolish decision to locate there.

Gold Poster

Quote Originally Posted by broncofan View Post

Is that where it is? Surely there must be offices in London, LA, and Paris. With real estate prices what they are in New York, it was a foolish decision to locate there.
    Alright I realize this isn't funny but snarky. I apologize. I have just heard a bunch of different definitions of the Israeli/Jewish lobby. Some say it is a looser alliance, some define it as specific organizations etc. I had never heard any commitment to a location so I thought I could make a joke on that subject.