Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

my favorite eats in the morning is scrambled eggs, canadian bacon and buttered whole wheat toast. it keeps you going through the whole day.

and don't worry about the syrup. the sugar doesn't destroy your teeth. it's not flossing and not seeing the dentist regularly. I went 5 years not seeing a dentist and I'm paying for it dearly right now.

Rookie Poster

cocopuffs

Junior Poster

Я Люблю Вас Ulyana, я Люблю только Вас ... теперь и для остальной части моей жизни.

Rookie Poster

Okay, you want to know what different people, from different walks of life and from different locales, consider the ideal breakfast? Okay, I'll start off with some info and then delve into the best breakfast.

gender - male
    age - 22
    location - Southeastern Massachusetts
    orientation - bisexual

Ideal breakfast (caloric considerations aside) - Hash browns w/ ketchup, bacon, charice (sic) [its a local delicacy, portuguese sausage], chocolate chip pancakes, a western omelette with cheese, and a bloody mary. Make that a few bloody marys.

"He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man."

- Dr. Johnson

I mean, come on, I don't even really know what's in the water I drink.
    That's the problem here. I =KNOW= what's in my green, fuzzy, oily water. High sulphur, lead, and oil content. I expect that quite a bit of it is seapage from leaky container ships that pass close enough by my house to make the floors vibrate. Though some it is no doubt runoff from the refinery or the nuke plant.

No, really, it's a great place to live, just don't drink the water (Or bathe in it, or swim in it, or get within a tentacle's reach of it).

Until I get the city water hooked up (Which probably isn't that much better) I use bottled water for the cwawfee. It satisfies. And I won't let strangers near the cwawfee maker. Only myself or "The Wife" (When she surfaces at tax time and during the horrorday season) is allowed to touch the thing. My 'ex' cooked up a pot one day and I could see through it! That just ain't right. If it doesn't *Plop* into the cup, it isn't strong enough.

On cereals: I occasional have cereal, but it is rare. As stated before, I like crunchy foods and most cereals get mooshy too fast, leading to a rushed breakfast (Which is against my leisure rule of AM comestibles). I have found Cracklin Oat Bran to be relatively non-absorbant and it also makes for handy snacks. Great for the sweet tooth, as well. Nice cinnamon/molasses flavor.

On the road, when in the southern Atlantic states, I always made a point to hit up a Waffle House (And I was so pleased when, contrary to those that said the model wouldn't work here, they finally invaded the north). Oddly, though, I don't think I ever had waffles there. I go for their specialty hash browns and typically order them 'smothered, covered, chopped, thrown, pitched...uh...whatever'. Each verb relates to a method/topping and they can get pretty dangerous. Onions, chili, cheese, diced tomatoes, ham, etc. They turn into a four-course meal on a single plate.

A note on Waffle House: Dress warmly. The chain discovered that they could have faster turnover if they kept the AC cranked up all the time (Even in the winter). It makes the food get cold and encourages you (Who are also very chilly) to eat faster and get the hell out. As they can get especially crowded at certain times of the day and night, this method has served them well.

Ooh! It's Sunday! Time to cook the bacon!

"In times of universal deceit, telling the truth will be a revolutionary act." - George Orwell

Speaking of Eggs Benedict (in my earlier post), the wife, a visiting friend from London (yummy in her own right), and I are off to get a delicious breakfast in about five minutes.

Chickens are definitely one of nature's most delectable animals. Think about it. Eggs Benedict, Chicken Francasie, and crepes would not be possible without this dumbest of birds.

Note. This utterly inane post is brought to you by virtually no fucking sleep for three days. Expect more of these little beauties until this latest bout of insomnia passes. Fuck!!!

-Quinn

Life is essentially one long Benny Hill skit punctuated by the occasional Anne Frank moment.

Me I'm generally two large coffees, a slice of toast & marmite and some fruit, but on Sundays I'll maybe have a little bacon or if I'm really spoiling myself a kipper or a smokie (that's a smoked haddock) with an egg and some poached tomatoes. And yes in winter I do sometimes eat porridge (oatmeal) but it's much too heating in summer.

"Can we have kippers for breakfast, Mummy Dear, Mummy Dear?
    I bet they have them in Texas, 'cuz everyone's a millionaire."

"In times of universal deceit, telling the truth will be a revolutionary act." - George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by BeardedOne
    "Can we have kippers for breakfast, Mummy Dear, Mummy Dear?
    I bet they have them in Texas, 'cuz everyone's a millionaire."

LOL Very droll, Bearded, but they're not an exclusive delicacy here.

Heh.

I just think of the song everytime I hear 'kippers'.