Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: drunk driving

Senior Member Professional Poster

Default Re: drunk driving

Quote Originally Posted by GroobySteven View Post
    8 shots? Whether you think you're fit to drive is irrelevant, your driving abilities are undoubtably impaired. Let's hope you either grow up and get a ride/taxi, or hit a tree and kill yourself on your drunken way home one night ... before you kill someone else because of your nonchalence.

Before anyone cries "Let's all be nice to her" - fuck that, tell that to the victims of someone she may hit.

Erika you're an arsehole.
    Love you too Steve........

Senior Member Professional Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy W View Post
    Tuck $50 in your sock before you go out boozing and use it to take a cab home. Someone can take you to get your car the next morning. My DUI in upstate New York 12 years ago cost me my driving privileges for three months and $900 in court costs and that was BEFORE Adolph Bloomberg ran things. Today, you can lose your car, your job and every penny you have squirreled away. Forget drunk, if you drive buzzed consider your life over being the best scenario. The worst is a van full of kids dead because you are an asshole the worst scenario.
    A van full of kids........lol

1 out of 3 members liked this post.

Professional Poster

A van full of kids ......lol - pretty much sums you up.

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

Gold Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Erika1487 View Post
    I have to admit that I am a functional alcoholic and drink every day. There is not a day that goes by that I don't think about my family and friends and what I have done wrong by them. Because I drink every day and live in a rural community I end up driving under the influence almost every day.
    I'm sure we can all be understanding if someone has a substance abuse or alcohol problem but putting other people's lives at risk like that on a routine basis is downright depraved. It's also different from doing it once as the result of bad planning or impulse.

If one day you end up hurting someone badly, you'll know you had time to think about it and simply didn't care.

4 out of 4 members liked this post.
    Last edited by broncofan; 07-13-2014 at 03:45 AM. Reason: Needed to include post I was quoting

Senior Member Silver Poster

I worked with a guy in AA, he had tons of funny stories about his boozing days, ....he wasn't a very good worker, but when he sponsored somebody and got THE CALL, man, he got it in gear, it was something to see.

0 out of 3 members liked this post.
    World Class Asshole

Senior Member Junior Poster

I was ran over in Nov by a 3x drunk driver on my new Harley. It was his third time DUI and then he drove off. He was in a big SUV and TBoned me. He was on probation for his second one. 11 broken bones, two dislocated toes, 6 pins in my foot, an operation and 6 days in the hospital you know I was laughing. He was two times over the legal limit. So now he facing two felony charges and one is accident with injury/death fail to stop and render aid. So when you say you friend has a lot of funny stories well they are not to funny. YOU flying 35 feet in the air because of some ass could care less about anyone and drinks himself stupid and see how funny those stories are. I am sure the guy that hit me has lots of funny stories being arrested twice, wearing a scam bracket, two felony charges, violation of probation, and jail time. Lots of laughs.

One drink is two many when you get behind the wheel!

6 out of 6 members liked this post.

A Very Grooby Guy Platinum Poster GroobySteven's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by danthepoetman View Post

Steven, for Christ's sake, we got that part, didn't we? There's no need for "arsery", to use your adjective. There are ways to deliver, aren't there? And frankly, friend, yours are not always of the greatest refinement, if you allow me to say.

Well I'm sure you're happy that you're supporting this fuckwit with your joviality and condoning what she's saying? I get what you state on the site about not chasing the girls away, but you can't be blind enough (or "refined enough") to see that some girls need to be told to fuck off? Erika has been attention seeking here since his (at the time) first post and anyone who states they'd drink this much and drive, deserves to be labeled an arsehole, whether girl, boy or Erika.

I have no compunction in stating, that I'd much rather hear that she'd decided to change her ways, than continuing to drink "8 shots" and drive. If she doesn't, then I'd rather see her dead. This is the person that made fun out of a comment that she could crash into kids.

3 out of 4 members liked this post.

Senior Member Platinum Poster

I don't disagree with you, Steven, but I thought that the message had already passed and was loud and clear. I thought useless to add to it and especially in tough terms, to say the least.
    I do not condone such behavior as I stated myself on this thread.

I don't want to start one more of those ridiculous bickering episodes which have been so common on the site, arguments which leads no where and keeps going and going out of egotism. But on another note, understanding that you lead a business, most probably a tough one, and that this site is part of it, I still don't always understand why you feel so irritated by people who are "seeking attention". Members exchange, they bond, they feel empathy, it seems normal that they will often confide in others in here. And in Erika's specific case, you know the stuff she's been through -I'm talking in general because in some cases, you have been right, of course.
    As to the "refinement", once again, you usually show the stiff decision of a businessman and the way he deals with many people. But on the other hand, it seems to me we shouldn't encourage excesses in expression, as there is a lot of it around, and it only encourages people who are not as discerning as yourself to keep on making the atmosphere often difficult to breathe around here. I'm not trying to dictate your conduct, of course; you are our host and you obviously know what you're doing -and you know I think so, as I've expressed it before.
    So all in all, that was the point I was trying to make, maybe not expressed in the most articulate way possible, I'll admit it.

1 out of 2 members liked this post.
    Last edited by danthepoetman; 07-14-2014 at 05:08 AM.

Junior Poster

I remember when I used to cop, about 35 minute drive on the freeway, id be snorting heroin, popping valium, maybe a gram of coke here and there, crazy, but i remember a few times with a few added soma's, id pull up to the curb, and fuck my rim up on it, plus the times i drove blacked out on ambien, i remember off meth i rear ended somebody on the 101 freeway, or the time i ran from the cops high on meth, and got sent to prison, good times.

2 out of 5 members liked this post.

Senior Member Platinum Poster

I lived a wild life, everyday not unlike what you're describing, Pimpdog. I used to take a cab everywhere. These guys all knew me and loved me! They were making a living off me!
    It's just a matter of prudence and carefullness. Even completely fucked up, it's possible!

Then again, I saw someone very close to me drink and drive for years and years, at a time when people didn't make that much of it. You would spend a night in a cell, have your car towed. The police would sometimes drive you home! A time when cars were so solid and heavy evey passenger would be killed in an accident and the car would hardly be scratched. A time when people drove on the highway at 100 miles an hour with 2 or 3 kids playing in the back seat, without any seat belt, jumping and wrestling. The balance between the sense of freedom, the rights to individual freedom and the social responsability of anyone was very different, back then.

0 out of 1 members liked this post.