Page 20 of 34 FirstFirst ... 10151617181920212223242530 ... LastLast
    Hung Angel Platinum Poster trish's Avatar

Default Re: Fuck the Police State

Pointing to police abuse is perfectly fine. Pointing to the causes is as well. Claiming we live in a police state just perpetuates a misunderstanding of what a police state is and diverts attention from the root causes, two of which I mentioned above. What causes have you guys brought to light...other than the cabal of mind controlling Wall Street Bankers?

"...I no longer believe that people's secrets are defined and communicable, or their feelings full-blown and easy to recognize."_Alice Munro, Chaddeleys and Flemings.

"...the order in creation which you see is that which you have put there, like a string in a maze, so that you shall not lose your way". _Judge Holden, Cormac McCarthy's, BLOOD MERIDIAN.

Trans admirer and friend Junior Poster

I've never said, "WE LIVE IN A POLICE STATE" or "this is already a police state"
    If you claim I have, then it is just blatant lies on your part saying I have done so.

I've said and continue to say. The USA definitely has symptoms that are found in a an ACTUAL Police State.

I've said that many aspects of a Police State, have similar incarnations in the USA. Does this make it a Police State Already? No, And never have I said so.

If you say , I have said otherwise, then kindly , FUCK OFF.

Refuse to believe so, or have a different opinion? fine.

But don't ever say I say things , that I never said. It makes for pathetic discussion.

Please note post 191 is a response to post 190 as post 193 is a response to 192. Also note 189 counters any allegations that we're an emerging police state. 157 addresses the government takeover that some here have been advocating as a way of ending this police state.

1 out of 1 members liked this post.
    Last edited by trish; 07-30-2014 at 11:15 PM.
    "...I no longer believe that people's secrets are defined and communicable, or their feelings full-blown and easy to recognize."_Alice Munro, Chaddeleys and Flemings.

"...the order in creation which you see is that which you have put there, like a string in a maze, so that you shall not lose your way". _Judge Holden, Cormac McCarthy's, BLOOD MERIDIAN.

I've never mentioned Wall Street bankers, either. Or suggest a violent takeover. I did mention jury nullification. But I can see how details escape you while you type page after page after page of condescending hysterical bullshit.

Awe. I'm so sorry you thought I accused you of mentioning Wall Street Bankers. I really am. When I asked, "What causes have you guys brought to light...other than the cabal of mind controlling Wall Street Bankers?" I should've instead asked:What causes have you guys (except the_unnatural, because his contributions are so illustrious and obvious) brought to light...other than the cabal of mind controlling Wall Street Bankers?"

1 out of 2 members liked this post.

Apology accepted.

You're welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by the_unnatural View Post
    I did mention jury nullification. But I can see how details escape you while you type...
    I do agree that jury nullification can be a powerful tool. It should be used in any case in which the jury thinks the defendant was abused or evidence was planted or was extracted through extortion, torture or by other suspect means. If police find that brutality and misconduct means no convictions (ego no career advancement or raises), they'll have a powerful incentive to stay within the limits of the law.

Question: do judges have the authority to disregard a jury's finding of not-guilty?

Quote Originally Posted by the_unnatural View Post
    ..... But I can see how details escape you while you type page after page after page of condescending hysterical bullshit.

..you mean hyperbole such as this :

Quote Originally Posted by my my my! View Post
    the other ones, that outnumber the good ones, need to chill the fuck out, and remember they have a responsibility of showing respect to the public without taking their dignity or exercising brutality.

...which obviously didn't come from Trish.

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

Trish--it has been done. http://www.offthegridnews.com/2014/0...jury-verdicts/

Fred--you're right. I'm out of order. You're out of order. This whole fuck the police state thread is out of order.

2 out of 2 members liked this post.