Page 34 of 34 FirstFirst ... 24293031323334

Default Re: Fuck the Police State

Quote Originally Posted by Stavros View Post

It is when you look at issues such as jobs, housing and education that I think there is a widening gap between people which undermines a collective idea of citizenship as something that we share. The 'free market' culture has tended, in the UK in particular to create a more selfish agenda in which what once was considered good for society as a whole is now limited to what I think is good for me and my family.
    Excellent point!

Quote Originally Posted by Stavros View Post
    “We are not a bunch of thugs. We are trained, we are patriots, we love our country, our constitution and our fellow men and we want people to behave themselves,”
    I would like to ask that guy, what people? And behave themselves how?

In 19 days, Texas police will no longer be able to search, a woman's private parts, for marijuana in public places.

http://www.vox.com/2015/5/11/8586137...-cavity-search

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

I just add to the debate

Avatar is not representative of the available product - contents may differ

Thanks for the video. There is no question that being a police is difficult, and sometimes dangerous. I hate that anyone would make a random attack on a police officer. I think that is very wrong, and makes matters worse. That being said, something has gotten out of balance, so that the nation we used to call, 'the home of the free' now has higher incarceration rates, than countries that were considered repressive. I see the "war on drugs" as changing the nation's entire concept of individual rights. Everyone one of us is a criminal suspect because we could be carrying an illegal drug. It seems to me, that there are too many questionable deaths at the hands of police in recent years. In my book, much the responsibility goes beyond individual police behavior, to a higher tactical level. Case in point, that happen in my city. A policeman hears, what he thinks is a gunshot, coming from a passing car, although there is no physical evidence, such as breaking glass, etc. The car flees and there is a large police chase. The chase finally end with the car isolated in a school playground, with the car surrounded by maybe 100 armed police officers. There are two people in the car. Although the chase, could have caused injuries, there is no immediate evidence that the people in the car caused any injuries. What should the police do next? 100 to two is certainly tactical superiority.

Here is a more recent story, with less of a tactical advantage. Apparently as the four officers approached a vehicle they had followed, a man, who they said was a person of interest in a murder investigation opened fired four times. One bullet passed through a policeman's shirt.

http://www.clutchmagonline.com/2015/...-the-backseat/

http://wavy.com/2015/09/08/vbpd-rele...lved-shooting/

Senior Member Silver Poster

One of the problems with this and many other threads is you're talking about a complex subject that is a part of many other complex subjects and realities that all overlap each other.
    When I'm out on the street at 3AM and I'm a bit tipsy and trying to find a ho to date, of course the Po-lice are the enemy. But the cops are following the LAW, and public drunkenness and prostitution are illegal. So it comes down mainly ...on this subject as well as many other subjects here... where you want to draw the line.
    If you changed American Laws to match Amsterdam, for instance, the cops would instantly be more tolerant and less piggish. So it's not the Police, it's the Police State, the shriveled up old rich vitalis combover statutemakers that keep enacting laws that try to clamp down on hormones as much as crime.
    Besides morally, you have to decide economically on who you want in jail and who you want walking around in front of your house. Or if the laws should be different for the ghetto. Should we execute guys who murder people? Should police wear cameras?
    Many of the problems with criminals or even ISIS is, if you take your beloved family dog,.....and throw him out into the alley,......that dog is going to get hungry and mean and wild.
    Of course then, there's my favorite, you're only guilty if you get caught.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	th9NDU400L.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	63.6 KB 
ID:	876506  

World Class Asshole