Page 26 of 34 FirstFirst ... 162122232425262728293031 ... LastLast
    Verified account Silver Poster Ben in LA's Avatar

Default Re: Fuck the Police State

Just go watch the video to see who escalated what.

And the cop,is supposed to be a prefessional. There is no law stating one can't curse at a cop, especially after being pulled over because one didn't signal to get out of the way of a police car that's tailgating you.

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

Hung Angel Platinum Poster trish's Avatar

Oh yes, I’m always a good girl when the police pull me over. Hands on the wheel. Look of concern yet cheerful and polite disposition. “Yes officer.” “No officer.” “Certainly officer.”

But you know what? I’m not ever certain of my fate when I’m being pulled over for some bullshit violation. No person of color is.

A black woman being tailgated by a police car, thinks the policeman is in a hurry and so she vacates the lane to let him pass. He then pulls her over for not signaling the lane change. Yeah, wassup with dat? Well within her rights she refuses to put out her cigarette, this peeves the officer and he now demands she exit her vehicle! She’s under arrest! I’m not at all certain this policemen wasn’t just looking to bust someone. Why was he tailgating her? This kind of shit happens every hour of every day of the week, and as we’ve recently seen, it often doesn’t end well.

Meanwhile white guys with assault weapons in full display and who refuse to show a license, give an ID, or even the time of day are allowed to go their way.

2 out of 2 members liked this post.
    "...I no longer believe that people's secrets are defined and communicable, or their feelings full-blown and easy to recognize."_Alice Munro, Chaddeleys and Flemings.

"...the order in creation which you see is that which you have put there, like a string in a maze, so that you shall not lose your way". _Judge Holden, Cormac McCarthy's, BLOOD MERIDIAN.

Senior Member Silver Poster

If I'm a cop and I want to make my quota, of course I'm going to pull over the black person. Even if the car isn't stolen, there's bound to be several violations, probably even a bag of weed under the seat.

The AMERICAN question is.... should a DEALMAKER like THE DONALD be congratulated even though the people he outsmarts are most likely fellow Americans? Do we dumb down the game so everybody can win? Should a bum working next to a go-getter get the same hourly wage? If a criminal gets free room and board in a humane society, should a minimum wage head of the household pay some slum lord all his income?

It's human nature to try and get over on your fellow human. Winners and Losers. College Educations cost money. EVERY FUCKIN THING costs money.

The only thing everyone in a society agrees to is that when it comes right down to it, after I make my billion I'll set up a philanthropist tax free organization in my name to feed the losers.

Setting up the rules for a SOCIETY that is not only fair but can thrive usually means a strong military and police force. The Dragon eats it's own tail and round and round we go.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	47214e37c0f3e2b35636e94fa23be7bb.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	73.8 KB 
ID:	862741  

0 out of 1 members liked this post.
    World Class Asshole

Quote Originally Posted by flabbybody View Post
    "bow and scrape before a policeman" ?? That's certainly not what was being asked of her.
    Sandra Bland would be nothing more than a traffic statistic had she simply complied with instructions in a respectful manner....as we are all obligated to do while operating a motor vehicle during a routine encounter with a police officer.
    It's not a perfect world Stavros, cops have bad days. no doubt this a tragic death of an innocent person, but at the end of the day Ms Bland taking a tiny different course of action would have resulted in her driving away with a warning or summons.... annoyed but alive.
    If only those colonialists would, have complied and paid their tea tax, we could have still been part of of Great Britain, and Sandra Bland would still be alive today! But seriously her death in jail seems to be highly questionable. The fact that she posted videos prior to her death about race relations, makes it more likely that she carried her attitude to jail, and pissed some people there off. It's always been this way, from my view. Like I have stated previously, my cousin supposedly committed suicide in jail, in the 80's after being arrested on a DUI. He was in his 20's and had two young children. Things are just making the news, these days.

http://www.forharriet.com/2015/07/in...#axzz3hGNxjVUV

Can someone explain this?

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	207.0 KB 
ID:	862817  

Quote Originally Posted by Ben in LA View Post
    Can someone explain this?
    Wow! It appears to me, that they had something to hide. Why would the cameras be of any concern, if you had nothing to hide? Then factor in that a person was later found dead. It is reasonable, they would they try to hide, that some in their custody who died under questionable circumstances, if they had some responsibility in her death. Now what I am saying, is that this was a past police privilege. That is in the past police were able to do this, and get away with it. It puts other policemen a special club. Either your in or you're out. Then it goes beyond race, as Black policeman have to either support the force, or face the consequences.

I should have informed you that I have reposted this picture on my facebook. Thanks much!

Someone explain this as well. What is the cop throwing away?

http://amazinamerica.tumblr.com/post...-the-trash-bag

Also, to all of the people saying that Sandra Bland should've been more polite to the police officer:

If people in customer service jobs (restaurants come to mind) can deal with customers yelling, screaming, asking for impossible things, and getting mad that we aren't allowed to do it - all while keeping a smile on our face - I'm pretty sure a cop can stay levelheaded about someone not wanting to put out their cigarette IN THEIR OWN FUCKING CAR.

2 out of 2 members liked this post.

This is a still from the released footage. I'll wait.

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	104.1 KB 
ID:	862985  

Avatar is not representative of the available product - contents may differ