Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Rookie Poster

Quote Originally Posted by BeardedOne
    In a country that gave more votes to Kelly Clarkson than all of the 2004 presidential contenders combined
    Wow. In a post complaining about how people take out of context soundbites too seriously, no less. Seems you're a fan of them, as well.

If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the precipitate.

Quote Originally Posted by Edmund
    In a country that gave more votes to Kelly Clarkson than all of the 2004 presidential contenders combined
    Wow. In a post complaining about how people take out of context soundbites too seriously, no less. Seems you're a fan of them, as well.
    Of course. It's the American thing to do.

My bad, it was the beer typing. It wasn't the combined total, just the Dubya count. But still...

In the 2004 U.S. Presidential election, there were officially 62,040,610 votes for George W. Bush.

The producers of American Idol have stated that there were approximately 73,650,000 votes for Kelly Clarkson in the first season.

I mean, really, I'm from Brookline, MA and learned media relations from the Chronicle/Citizen newspapers where Russell Phinney believed that plagerizing (Sp?) clerical errors from the police blotter was Pulitzer worthy 'journalism'. They were of the belief that facts and truth should never get in the way of a good story.

"In times of universal deceit, telling the truth will be a revolutionary act." - George Orwell

Rookie Poster

I mean, really, I'm from Brookline, MA and learned media relations from the Chronicle/Citizen newspapers where Russell Phinney believed that plagerizing (Sp?) clerical errors from the police blotter was Pulitzer worthy 'journalism'. They were of the belief that facts and truth should never get in the way of a good story.
    Since you're from Brookline, I know you've gotta be familiar with the Boston Herald, which takes the cake for publishing "journalism" instead of journalism. It's basically like what would happen if Fox News and the National Enquirer teamed up to write a newspaper. Hell, that thing isn't even shaped like a regular paper.

"He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man."

- Dr. Johnson

5 Star Poster

Quote Originally Posted by LoadedRevolver66
    Since you're from Brookline, I know you've gotta be familiar with the Boston Herald, which takes the cake for publishing "journalism" instead of journalism. It's basically like what would happen if Fox News and the National Enquirer teamed up to write a newspaper. Hell, that thing isn't even shaped like a regular paper.
    Speaking of writing skills :

http://www.famousplagiarists.com/politics.htm#biden

War on Plagiarism Threat Level:
    Red: Severe Risk

Allegations: Repeated instances of plagiarism since the “stressless scholarship” of his college days

Results: Circulation of “attack video” by Dukakis campaign torpedoed his presidential aspirations in 1987

Known for: Glib oratorical skills and speechmaking

Overview:

Joe Biden’s history of plagiarism and “stressless scholarship” gave plenty of ammo to his enemies, one of them choosing to circulate a so-called “attack video” to demonstrate Biden’s outright plagiarism of a British politician’s speech. But this appropriation from Neal Kinnock was not the first occurrence of unacknowledged lifting by the senator from Delaware.

In 1965 Biden plagiarized while writing a paper as a student at the Syracuse University Law School in a legal methods course which he failed because of that copied paper.

I seem to recall that he filched something from Dukakis, too. That naturaly didn't go over too well with the club as a whole.

"In times of universal deceit, telling the truth will be a revolutionary act." - George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by LoadedRevolver66
    The Boston Herald-American and Sunday Advertiser, ah, there's memories. I am reminded that I need to hit up their research department for stuff on my granddad, who was a state rep in the mid-twenties (When the Herald, before the mouthful of mergers, was a very reputable paper and they all lived on 'Newspaper row' at the upper end of Washington Street). It actually had a standard newspaper format unti around the early seventies when they made the shift to tabloid. It was a marketing decision, as they were targeting *Ahem* 'Joe Lunchbox' working stiffs and a tabloid is much easier to read on the subway.

Heh. I keep thinking of the old newsboy joke (Which I learned on the corner where Dukakis bought his early edition Sunday Globe) : "Hey, lady! Howdja like two Globes anna Post?"

Veteran Poster

Do not forget Ann Coulter if you are talking about plagiarism.

5 Star Poster

Quote Originally Posted by tsluver247
    Ann Coulter`s a US Senator !!!???

When did this all happen ?

"We have reviewed the allegations of plagiarism surrounding ‘Godless’ and found them to be as trivial and meritless as they are irresponsible," said Steve Ross, Senior Vice President and Publisher of Crown Publishing Group.

Ross continued: "Any author is entitled to do what Ann Coulter has done in the three snippets cited: research and report facts. The number of words used by our author in these snippets is so minimal that there is no requirement for attribution. As an experienced author and attorney, Ms. Coulter knows when attribution is appropriate, as underscored by the nineteen pages of hundreds of endnotes contained in ‘Godless.’”

Veteran Poster

Quote Originally Posted by White_Male_Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by tsluver247
    Ann Coulter`s a US Senator !!!???

When did this all happen ?

"We have reviewed the allegations of plagiarism surrounding ‘Godless’ and found them to be as trivial and meritless as they are irresponsible," said Steve Ross, Senior Vice President and Publisher of Crown Publishing Group.

Ross continued: "Any author is entitled to do what Ann Coulter has done in the three snippets cited: research and report facts. The number of words used by our author in these snippets is so minimal that there is no requirement for attribution. As an experienced author and attorney, Ms. Coulter knows when attribution is appropriate, as underscored by the nineteen pages of hundreds of endnotes contained in ‘Godless.’”
    Where in my statement did I say Ann Coulter was a US Senator? Why are you also using quotes from someone that has a bias? Of course, the publisher is not going to admit they are wrong for publishing the material. I thought it was funny when your proof of plagiarism of Joe Biden was some amateur website.

Shit!

If Ann Coulter becomes a senator, I'm moving to Guelph.