Page 9 of 47 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419 ... LastLast

Default Re: TRUVADA: Why are we ALL not taking this???!!!!

^I'm not ignoring it. I'm not promoting a return to 70's bathhouse culture where you disappear into a cubicle every weekend and fuck your brains out with 50 different people and require penicillin or a shot every week. What I AM saying is that a "use condoms 100's of the time" strategy has FAILED to halt the spread of HIV. There are 50k+ new infections each year in the USA, over half of which are men who have sex with men. Gay men are, even by the most liberal estimates, maybe 5% of the country (and that is really pushing it). So, why would we not adopt a strategy that saves lives? I'm not saying ditch the condom, and I don't think everyone will (I've met several men who lived through both the hedonism of the 70's and the AIDS epidemic of the 80's who have ALWAYS used condoms).

Also, ghonorrhea, chlamydia, syphilis, herpes, hpv are all easily spread through skin to skin contact and/or saliva. As I said before, I don't know anyone except prostitutes who wrap up for oral sex. You see my point here, yes?

Veteran Poster

The "use condoms 100% of the time" strategy hasnt failed... the people that havent used condoms 100% of the time have...

You see my point here, yes
    As always: Do as the professionals do?

1 out of 1 members liked this post.
    Build a man a fire, he's warm for a day.
    Light a man on fire, he's warm for the rest of his life.

Queen of the Drow Junior Poster RobynBlakeTS's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Westheangelino View Post
    Also, ghonorrhea, chlamydia, syphilis, herpes, hpv are all easily spread through skin to skin contact and/or saliva. As I said before, I don't know anyone except prostitutes who wrap up for oral sex. You see my point here, yes?
    True but some of these STD's can be localized on the body, having unprotected oral sex with someone who has anal warts wont lead to you having said warts (if you don't rim) but if their warts are internal and you then go bareback them you going to run the risk of having one nasty looking cock in a months time.

Junior Poster

Quote Originally Posted by RobynBlakeTS View Post
    True but some of these STD's can be localized on the body, having unprotected oral sex with someone who has anal warts wont lead to you having said warts (if you don't rim)
    lol do you really believe this if hpv was transmitted sexually theres a good chance the genitals are infected too but hey keep giving bbbj

Queen of the Drow Junior Poster RobynBlakeTS's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MrBest View Post
    lol do you really believe this if hpv was transmitted sexually theres a good chance the genitals are infected too but hey keep giving bbbj
    Not completely I was just using it as a example but most people who have anal warts do not have it on their penile area. Warts are only contagious via the actual wart. If you have read the thread you would see I am the one battling for safe pleasurable sex other hedonistic irresponsible disease spreading sex. Anyone who has met me knows and can vouch that I am extremely serious when it comes to my health and others health.

2 out of 2 members liked this post.

^ If you are able to do so then congrats to you personally. 30 yrs and billions of dollars has proven that most people can't. There is a medication out there that saves lives that most people don't even know about!!!

Senior Member Platinum Poster Prospero's Avatar

I hope you can afford the regime of antiretrovirals once you get infected - as you surely will

0 out of 1 members liked this post.

Quote Originally Posted by RobynBlakeTS View Post
    Not completely I was just using it as a example but most people who have anal warts do not have it on their penile area. Warts are only contagious via the actual wart. If you have read the thread you would see I am the one battling for safe pleasurable sex other hedonistic irresponsible disease spreading sex. Anyone who has met me knows and can vouch that I am extremely serious when it comes to my health and others health.
    Quote Originally Posted by Prospero View Post
    I hope you can afford the regime of antiretrovirals once you get infected - as you surely will
    No, I'm going to get an insurance plan that covers truvada, a drug that has been proven to be 99% percent effective at preventing HIV infection. BOOM

1 out of 2 members liked this post.

Senior Member Platinum Poster Prospero's Avatar

I would strongly advise anyone visiting these boards to ignore this irresponsible fool

2 out of 3 members liked this post.

Quote Originally Posted by Prospero View Post
    I would strongly advise anyone visiting these boards to ignore this irresponsible fool
    Yup. I'm an irresponsible fool who wants to take a pill every day that keeps me from becomming HIV positive and requires you to get screened every four months.. Yeah....sounds about right....

0 out of 2 members liked this post.