Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Rookie Poster

Default What do you listen to?

Hey, what do TS lovers listen to? Gay guys got Madonna, Cher, etc. but we aren't (necessarily) gay. So go ahead and say what's on your playlist. I'll kick it off:

Green Day (pre American Idiot), Slipknot, System of a Down, Dead Kennedys, Black Flag

"He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man."

- Dr. Johnson

Veteran Poster

I mainly listen to industrial, ebm, synthpop, futurepop, and darkwave. Some artists I like: :wumpscut:, Combichrist, Covenant, Angels and Agony, Hoccico, Blutengel, Apoptygma Berzerk, Front Line Assembly, Front 242, Fear Factory, And One, and Feindflug

I also like hardcore, oi! and riot grrrl like Agnostic Front, Discipline, Hatebreed, The Casualties, The Exploited, Lars Frederiksen, Schoolyard Heroes, L7, 7 Year Bitch, Sleater-Kinney, The Donnas, or The Distillers.

Other times I'll throw on like The Cranberries, Belle and Sebastian, Blind Melon, The Wallflowers, Pedro the Lion or Ani DiFranco -- it all depends on my mood, I'm very versatile....

Junior Poster

ill pretend u didnt say "Hey, what do TS lovers listen to" :P

but i like music depending on my mood

indie: snow patrol, keane, arctic monkeys, coldplay - when im chilling out

dance/house: tom novy, fonzerelli, armand van helden - when im in a happy mood

trance: tiesto, armin van buuren, marcus shultz - when i wanna go crazy

Junior Poster

Hilton Ruiz, Hector Lavoe, Ray Baretto, Eddie Palmieri, Jimmy Bosch and others

XM Radio's Cinemagic.

Toby Keith, Alan Jackson, Brad Paisley, Sara Evans, Shania Twain.....Can't go wrong with anything country!!

Professional Poster

I'm another of these people who has different music for different moods. My tastes range from Classical and opera to rock. My favourite groups are Scissor Sisters, Texas, No Doubt, Queen, Asia, Capercaillie, Amici Forever, Opera Babes. Solo singers Cher, Bruce Springsteen, Michael Ball, Lesley Garrett, Russell Watson, Elaine Page, Norah Jones.
    Apart from the above, I am also a confirmed Meat Loaf freak. When I was doing my Open University degree, I always revised for exams with Meat Loaf on the stereo at full blast. Give the neighbours a treat and I can retreat into the sounds and do my work. Never failed an exam using this method.
    I also listen to a lot of film and show soundtracks such as Starlight Express, Last samurai, Gladiator, Cats and so on.
    Musical variety is the spice of life so they say.

An ageing TS lover making up for lost time

Rookie Poster

my favorite genre ever is Avant-Garde and the one I listen to most frequently.

other than that I love:
    Free Form Jazz
    Metal (All Sub-Genres of Metal have great bands)
    Grindcore
    Psychedelic
    Bluegrass
    Old School Soul / R&B
    old School Gangsta Rap & Horrorcore (None of that ICP garbage)
    Funk

Gold Poster

Rock (60s/70s/90s)

Rap (2pac and Biggie only)

Electro

Trance (only the good stuff)

Reggae

Veteran Poster

Recent bands: Magnetic Fields, Wilco, Handsome Family (the country outfit), Eels, The Hold Steady

Moody Singer-Songwriters: Nico, Eliott Smith, John Prine

Old Bands: Dylan, Tom Waits, The Band, Neil Young, The Velvet Undergound, Janis Joplin,

Crazy sixties Girl groups like The Shangri-Las

French bubble-gum pop like Francoise Hardy, Serge Gainsbourg, Jaques Brel, France Gall,

Pre 1970's Motown/Soul: Etta James rocks socks, as does Curtis Mayfield and Smokey Robinson

Wierd esoteric ENGLISH (NOT Scottish or 'Celtic') folk music

If I am bladdered I will genally think that whatever is being played is the greatest thing in the world