Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Professional Poster lifeisfiction's Avatar

Default Re: What is cisgender? Cisgender =

Quote Originally Posted by Michelle Firestone View Post
    I hope everybody understands that this is just a joke, & that I didn't want to debate anything or hear what the real definition is (I know what it means).
    So Michelle, you are saying you want us to debate and tell you more about the word and its usage. I am starting to finally get you. Alright folks lets make her happy. MORE DEBATE!

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

Nerdy and Naughty TS Rookie Poster mina<3's Avatar

I mean, admittedly most of my post was frivolous. But that bit about taking Satan's throne was too real. I'm gonna be handing out VIP passes to hell, though. So y'know, party of eternity, blah blah...

Mina <3 <3's you!

minahartt.com
    inquiries.xoxo@minahartt.com
    503-662-8197

Why would anyone want to own hell, its just a bunch people crying. I rather own Realm, where I arbitrarily dole out punish and reward with no pretense or precedent to my decisions.

Lol, that's just the plebeians. The VIP's get the spinning drug table like in that movie about Bob Dylan, disco balls and your own entourage of demons. I mean, Right? right?

Mina <3 <3's you!

minahartt.com
    503-662-8197

Hmmmmm, its not getting me hard. Problem with hell is the stigma, I mean people want to say well my son has gotten into heaven, not my son has gotten into hell. There is never a positive way to sell hell. That's why if you have you own realm you can promise whatever you want with no obligation to uphold a certain standard or even be defined by a certain standard.

Quote Originally Posted by mina<3 View Post
    Satan may rule, but I will depose him one day and take the throne. In the meantime, I think cisgender is super useful and important for deliniating and identifying what is normalized and invisible. Just as whiteness in our society is an assumed trait of a person (which is why most Americans- especially white ones- will only identify someone's race in conversation if it's anything but white- whiteness is assumed to be the norm and therefore unnecessary to remark upon), being cisgendered is assumed to be so normalized that it's hardly worth remarking on, for most people. This leads to a precarious situation where only trans people are identified, and therefore singled out as the "other".

This, despite the fact that no one's gender identity is completely congruent with societal expectations of gender, means that we are singled out and marginalized de facto through the very language used to talk about us, while cisgendered people (the "norm") are left unidentified. If you really want to talk about liberation and the end of violence against trans women worldwide, then we need to start using more exacting, illuminating language that subverts ideas of normalcy equating to "rightness", that exposes the constructedness and mutability of all gender identities, including cis identities.

Without a way to define the "invisibleized" dominant group that the subaltern is detached from and marginalized by, it becomes a simple logical step to assume (and even champion the idea that) we are inferior, that we are somehow defective and not normal, and the statement "This group is oppressed" becomes "This group is defective and their circumstances are a result of their inferiority".

This process writ large spells the current epidemic of physical, emotional, and systemic violence that a frighteningly large proportion of trans women (especially trans women of color) will encounter in our lives.

So, yeah, maybe it sounds silly, like we're saying you're sissy-gendered, but it really, really matters a lot.
    What prefix is applicable to hobbits?

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it ...

I wouldn't know anything about stigma, but it sounds terrible. Thank goodness I'm perfect and have every blessing that society can bestow upon me.

Mina <3 <3's you!

minahartt.com
    503-662-8197

Quote Originally Posted by BBaggins06 View Post
    What prefix is applicable to hobbits?
    Whoa whoa, now hobbits are just hairy-footed freaks. They deserve what's coming to them... "TRY BEING TALLER AND STOP EATING LEMBAS BREAD, WEIRDOS". That's what I say.

#threadjacked

1 out of 1 members liked this post.
    Mina <3 <3's you!

minahartt.com
    503-662-8197

Quote Originally Posted by mina<3 View Post
    I wouldn't know anything about stigma, but it sounds terrible. Thank goodness I'm perfect and have every blessing that society can bestow upon me.
    Well, I wasn't blessed by fairies at birth, but I was given one talent and with that talent I will rule the world.