Quote Originally Posted by Ben in LA View Post
I WAS gonna rub it in, but I've gotta show good sportsmanship like you did. Unfortunately we're in the minority; the haters were out in full force (on Twitter at least) saying the Kings didn't deserve the championship and such. I hate that shit.
Thanks for not rubbing it in Ben...I'm not sure how much it means to you...the team, the sport. IRL there are more important things, but when it comes to sports -I love hockey and I love the NY Rangers...
...so it kind of meant a lot to me.

The Kings were the bigger, stronger team. It can even be argued that they faced, and beat, better teams to get to the finals than the Rangers did.
That's not speaking from my heart...that's speaking from what I see and know, about these teams and the sport in general. The LA Kings are an excellent team that earned the cup they got to carry on the ice. For me to say otherwise would only demean what the NY Rangers have accomplished this season...
...if the Rangers would have found a way to win it all...it would have been spectacular...for them and for their fans...it isn't always the most skilled team that wins....sometimes it just takes that extra heart and effort. On paper it looks like the LA Kings demolished the NY Rangers, after all - they won it in five games...
...but...we all know it wasn't that simple: three of the games went to O.T....with the final game going to a heart stopping double OT....(and the Kings had to come from behind in at least three of the games)

I don't know what the haters are saying because I don't get into all that...I'm assuming that they're arguing the questionable call against Mats Zuccarello...and maybe the non interference call against Lundqvist in the previous game - please...calls go both ways - that's the nature of the sport...the Rangers got two PP chances in OT and they couldn't capitalize on them..
NY Rangers had more flaws, but they gave us an awesome ride here in NY...and Alain Vigneault and his staff have done an outstanding job, in my eyes, because they had bit less to work with...and the team will certainly look different next year.

But damn it...it sure would have been nice.
It would have been awesome.