Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Stanley Cup 2014

awesome time of year....NY Rangers win seven game series against Flyers and now play Penguins (Rangers won yesterday in O.T.) in what will be an interesting series. Not much rest for the Rangers here...but so far their game is solid (though they did break down in the second period).

Watching Boston/ Montreal right now...always good to see an original six match up.

Let's Go Rangers!!!

P.S. Potvin sucks.

Default Re: Stanley Cup 2014

Wow...aided by an incredibly lucky bounce in the third to tie it....the Bruins come from behind to win game two..
    Still ....glad Montreal at least got a split so far.

Christ...Rangers shutout again...just kill me already.

Nobody's gonna read this, but I don't care...NY Rangers showed incredible heart to come back from behind and win 3 in a row...their goaltender - Henrik Lundqvist - being an absolute wall when he had to be.
    It seemed that the gutsy performance of Martin St.Louis, playing with the passing of his Mom a few day's before Mother's Day lying heavy on his heart, galvanized his team.

If anyone would like to comment on his favorite team in this playoff series, please do. There are some terrific battles going on.

Member Rookie Poster

Quote Originally Posted by fred41 View Post
    Nobody's gonna read this, but I don't care...NY Rangers showed incredible heart to come back from behind and win 3 in a row...their goaltender - Henrik Lundqvist - being an absolute wall when he had to be.
    It seemed that the gutsy performance of Martin St.Louis, playing with the passing of his Mom a few day's before Mother's Day lying heavy on his heart, galvanized his team.

If anyone would like to comment on his favorite team in this playoff series, please do. There are some terrific battles going on.
    Awesome series! I was at game 4 and after that no-show I was sure we were done in 5.

Quote Originally Posted by ralyear56 View Post
    Awesome series! I was at game 4 and after that no-show I was sure we were done in 5.
    Hey ralyyear56,...you, me and practically everyone else thought they were done after that...(sorry you had to witness that farce live)
    ...but aside from St.Louis' personal tragedy a couple of other important things took place - Chris Kreider came back from his injury (probably a broken hand) to add much needed grit, speed, skill and willingness to take punishment in the opponents crease.....and I believe Ryan McDonagh might be healing from the shoulder injury that seemed to plague him.
    ...honestly, after game four I was happy to just take one game at a time as an enjoyable extension of the series...but then they played better as a team...and Lundqvist became...well...Lundqvist....and so here we are.

Member Rookie Poster

Quote Originally Posted by fred41 View Post
    Hey ralyyear56,...you, me and practically everyone else thought they were done after that...(sorry you had to witness that farce live)
    ...but aside from St.Louis' personal tragedy a couple of other important things took place - Chris Kreider came back from his injury (probably a broken hand) to add much needed grit, speed, skill and willingness to take punishment in the opponents crease.....and I believe Ryan McDonagh might be healing from the shoulder injury that seemed to plague him.
    ...honestly, after game four I was happy to just take one game at a time as an enjoyable extension of the series...but then they played better as a team...and Lundqvist became...well...Lundqvist....and so here we are.
    I can't wait to see how we match up against the Canadiens. Those games are going to be fast breaks both ways. Lundquist will have to be great almost every night since Price is so good.

Congratulations to the L.A. Kings for winning the Stanley Cup....

Proud of the NY Rangers. Many fans, including myself, never thought they'd go past first or second round...but they won anyway and we believed they could go all the way. Got love for the team and big time respect for AV and his coaching staff.
    ...and what a final game.
    ...still...

damn I wish there was a game six Monday.

2 out of 2 members liked this post.

Senior Member Veteran Poster transfan8591's Avatar

Props to the Kings.

Verified account Silver Poster Ben in LA's Avatar

I WAS gonna rub it in, but I've gotta show good sportsmanship like you did. Unfortunately we're in the minority; the haters were out in full force (on Twitter at least) saying the Kings didn't deserve the championship and such. I hate that shit.