Thread: Donald Sterling

Senior Member Veteran Poster $$$Bill's Avatar

Default Re: Donald Sterling

Kareem Abdul Jabbar's take on it...

http://time.com/79590/donald-sterlin...jabbar-racism/

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

Quote Originally Posted by Donkey View Post
    As a black man, his words hurt. But, at the end of the day it's one man's opinion and I really don't give a fuck. I'm happy to be part of a country where jackasses are free to be jackasses.

Forcing an owner out? Come the fuck on. Thankfully this isn't communist China. Some of you people are so eager to strong arm someone if it suits your agenda.

By the way, I would love to give his little slutress the BBC she clearly loves, wants, and desires.
    I'm assuming you understand that this is the same guy who told his leasing agents of his apartments not to rent to blacks and hispanics because they stink and attract vermin. With that being said I'm having a hard time understanding your stance when we're talking about a league/business that's driven by an 80% black workforce. I understand fairness and all and that people have the right to feel the way they feel and there's really no way to police what evils people carry in their hearts. But your statement was a little TOO Herman Cainish for me brotha. I understand wanting to seem reasonable but damn. This guy through his own statements sees himself as a slave master who makes a good portion of his fortune off the backs of black labor. Paid or unpaid isn't the issue. It's the continued degradation of the people who work for him and the people that pay for his product.

1 out of 2 members liked this post.
    Last edited by dafame; 04-29-2014 at 04:05 PM.
    "Give them nothing, but take from them, everything".. Spartan King Leonidas

http://www.redroom.com/video/tim-wis...whiteness-clip

Junior Member Rookie Poster

Nothing short of a massive fine, public apology and his team taken away from him will do. Will it happen? Who knows.

Chased Thru The Woods... 5 Star Poster bte's Avatar

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	oxT9i0f.jpg 
Views:	215 
Size:	32.5 KB 
ID:	715642  

3 out of 3 members liked this post.
    Blood's thicker like a virgin's pussy on Homecoming.

Quote Originally Posted by Yorkshirefoxxx View Post
    Nothing short of a massive fine, public apology and his team taken away from him will do. Will it happen? Who knows.
    It will only happen if corporations pull sponsorship support for NBA coverage to the extent that owners and TV networks begin to fell Sterling is eroding the value of their franchises.
    Will THAT happen? doubt it. The public has a short attention span when it comes to this kind of stuff. At the end of the day we just want to see Lebron and Curry wow us with their talent.
    The story of a racist team owner won't have too much shelf life.

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

Silver Poster

i think this story is going to have more legs than the average racist millionaire story. The details that are already out are pointing towards more titillating revelations.

I like Kareem's take on the whole situation as it seems level headed but I am convinced there is more coming.

As it sits right now Silver can give him a lifetime ban but can do little to force him to sell. The other owners are looking at this and probably want the whole thing to go away lest they incur more scrutiny of their own personal lives. Sponsors have begun to abandon the Clips but that can only do so much.

I truly believe this is about race but deeper than that, this is a family dispute about to blow up, with Tinsel Town as the backdrop and millions of dollars at stake.

This is the ultimate episode of Basketball Wives, The Owners Edition.

Last edited by ed_jaxon; 04-29-2014 at 05:46 PM.
    I've neverdone good things
    I've never done bad things
    I've never done anything out of the blue

Senior Member Platinum Poster nysprod's Avatar

Massive fine? There is none, this guy has billions.

Public apology? Fuck him and his apology.

Team taken away? Are you fucking kidding me...take away someone's private property because you don't like what they said...my next door neighbor doesn't want his son going out with any "white bitches"...take away his house, now!!

3 out of 3 members liked this post.
    Phone keys gum condoms lube...I don’t want to be normal.

Junior Poster

It took years for Marge Schott to step down as the majority owner of the Cincinnati Reds in the MLB. She was fined and suspended twice for her racist comments and boorish behavior before she stepped down. So, it is possible for Sterling to be forced out as owner like Schott. However, he could probably fight it.

On a side note, Sterling doesn't see his ex-gf as black and hispanic. He sees her as white and hispanic.

Silver Poster

It would not be the government taking his team away, it would be his fellow club members saying he cannot be in the club anymore. There is a difference. They actually have that in their by-laws. It was concerning financial solvency but could be used in this circumstance according to reports.

I've neverdone good things
    I've never done bad things
    I've never done anything out of the blue

Holy Crap. NBA commish issues Sterling a lifetime ban and will urge Board of Governors to force a sale of Clippers.
    I hope the owners don't fire Adam Silver. It looks like he decided this pretty much on his own. It took a major sack of nuts. Thank you Mr Commissioner.

1 out of 2 members liked this post.