Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Junior Poster

Default Re: Anyone else caught up in Game of Thrones?

Been watching since the first episode aired - it's fucking great! Family night for us on Sundays - two teenage boys love it - surprise. Now I read each book after each series so as not to ruin Sunday night's episodes. My guy is the Hound - "Lots of CUNTS" - hah! I want Arya and Khaleesi in a Natural Born Killers lesbian tryst. I suppose we have to wait for Arya to get a little older. Question for all of you - can a Warg (Bran) control a dragon?

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

Quote Originally Posted by txjr3 View Post
    Been watching since the first episode aired - it's fucking great! Family night for us on Sundays - two teenage boys love it - surprise. Now I read each book after each series so as not to ruin Sunday night's episodes. My guy is the Hound - "Lots of CUNTS" - hah! I want Arya and Khaleesi in a Natural Born Killers lesbian tryst. I suppose we have to wait for Arya to get a little older. Question for all of you - can a Warg (Bran) control a dragon?
    "What the fuck is a lommy"

Insert Witty Title Here Veteran Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Stavros View Post
    Interesting, Alpha, it hadn't occurred to me that Jon Snow's parentage was still in doubt -and your references to sources is ingenious and seems spot on to me. I have now discovered that George Martin took his inspiration for the Red Wedding from the
    "The Black Dinner" (which) "took place in 1440 when William Douglas, the 6th Earl of Douglas, was invited to a dinner with the ten year old King James II of Scotland. After the dinner the Clan Douglas chiefs were taken outside, given a mock trial and beheaded."
    http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Red_Wedding
    I also think it or something close to it is in a Greek tragedy but not sure about that.
    Jon's parentage is very much in doubt. Even Ned hints at it when they separate and Jon goes to the Wall, Ned to King's Landing. Remember Ned's best friend Robert has sworn to kill all Targareyan's, which would include Ned's nephew if that's what Jon is. He even order Danaerys killed. I would advise you to wait further in the series though, if it follows the books you'll soon discover even more evidence of Danaerys not being the last. Obviously not count Aemon at the Wall, who is also Targareyan.

Quote Originally Posted by EZWind View Post
    Re: the whole Whodonit aspect as to the Joffrey situation, I believe it was Eva Cassini posted a very well reasoned and lengthy list of possible suspects...(can't seem to find the thread anymore)
    What tickles me about it is we used to have a Supervisor at work who was a major league jaggoff, and we used to joke about how, if the guy turned up dead and the FBI came to investigate, we'd ALL be suspects. There was about 100 of us who had to deal w/ him on a daily basis, and not one who didn't have a good motive to do him in. Haven't read the books, but my money's on LittleFinger.
    Both the book and the show explained who hatched the plan and put it in motion, the only part left out is who dropped it in the wine. A minor detail really, as the plan's developer is more important.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiffany Starr View Post
    Not to sound negative but I don't really care for her or her part of the story. She has a cockiness to her and I hate that. Sometimes she seems pure of heart with great intentions and other times she seem's cold and heartless (which can be said about most of the characters bordering in the Gray area) but the way they go about it seems so boring. I find it hard to care about whats going on with her when so much of the plot is happening somewhere else.

I don't know about all of you but I am rooting for the Starks. They are the underdog thus far and have been kicked round way way too much so I think to have them at least break even would be a satisfying conclusion. Kill the Lannisters, Kill the Freys, and the Boltons. I am finding less people to root for as the show goes on but i have hope.
    I find it funny that many find issue with Danaerys being cocky. If she was a guy it would probably just be allowed with no comment. Just like I fail to understand the hatred for Sansa. She plays the traditional woman of the times, and will probably wind up being the most crafty of all of them.

Quote Originally Posted by youngblood61 View Post
    What did every body think of the Jamie, Sersi scene? I knew as soon as that door closed Jamie was going to pounce.
    I wasn't a fan of him raping his sister. It immediately casts him back in to the evil villain role that he had in season 1, after they just spent the past 2 seasons proving he's not ALL evil. It didn't happen that way in the book, although it was a different body anyway, and Cersei was a willing partner.

Quote Originally Posted by Stavros View Post

The series is entertaining, but has a lot of flaws -it relies on some obvious stereotypes -the 'cold North' vesus the 'warm south'. Seven kingdoms -there were seven Kingdoms at one time in old Scotland; people who are brave but a bit thick; people who are clever, people who manipulate, people who are naive and innocent, people who get things done; and so on, in this respect it is sadly too much like a soap opera. I am confused by the religions which are not clear to me, and amused at the way reality is suddenly flipped by magic or dragons or ghosts -which could just be a plot device to fill in a gap or because the writer doesn't know how to end a scene. The sense of a looming apocalypse, a collapse of order, a competing group of religious ideas and leaders of questionable talent and morality does suggest an allegory of our present times, but not a well thought out one.
    The religions are meant to be confusing, the people to fit into categories. And then they burst out of those categories when you don't expect it. Who expects the drunk fool to become an assassin. Who expects the evil knight to develop a love for his captor? It's all meant to confuse and muddy what you expect, much as life in general does.

Senior Member Veteran Poster Tiffany Starr's Avatar

New episode tomorrow! On ign.com they have some sample pics from the upcoming episode. I wait with much anticipation. I also just finished the game and that was also an amazing tale if you sit through it all.

Official Website: www.tiffanystarrxxx.com

twitter name: Tiffany Starr TS

facebook: www.facebook.com/XTiffanyXStarrX

I love my fans and I love my work

Senior Member Platinum Poster

Quote Originally Posted by serial138 View Post

Jon's parentage is very much in doubt. Even Ned hints at it when they separate and Jon goes to the Wall, Ned to King's Landing. Remember Ned's best friend Robert has sworn to kill all Targareyan's, which would include Ned's nephew if that's what Jon is. He even order Danaerys killed. I would advise you to wait further in the series though, if it follows the books you'll soon discover even more evidence of Danaerys not being the last. Obviously not count Aemon at the Wall, who is also Targareyan.
    Thank you for an interesting post, I didn't quote it all. I haven't read the books and with this kind of material prefer the filmed version, and not knowing some facts and what is going to happen next...

Insert Witty Title Here Veteran Poster

The series doesn't follow the books entirely, as this weeks episode contained nothing that was in the books, especially not the Night's King at the end. It'll be interesting to see what else they throw in to the series so those of us readers are still on our toes.

With that said, a lot of stuff from the book doesn't make it into the show. If it did, there would just be too many characters to follow. Gendry was combined with another character from the book (Edric Storm) and Daario seems to be doing a lot that a character in the book named Strong Belwas did, so that character is gone too.

But overall the series is definitely worth it. I loved the addition of the Arya/Tywin Lannister bit, which never took place in the book.

Quote Originally Posted by serial138 View Post
    . I loved the addition of the Arya/Tywin Lannister bit, which never took place in the book.
    Arya is my favorite character out of the whole bunch. Thanx David and DB or George or whoever added those scenes to the show...they were great

the Meek shall inherit the Earth....the Rest of Us will go to the Stars

LOVER OF BIG ASS Platinum Poster youngblood61's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by EZWind View Post
    Arya is my favorite character out of the whole bunch. Thanx David and DB or George or whoever added those scenes to the show...they were great
    I like Arya as well.

Senior Member Platinum Poster

Some of you will have seen the actors out of costume before, but this Telegraph gallery brings a few together in one place, though there are better pictures of Emilia Clarke (with her clothes on), and I think the punk-style hair on Nathalie Dormer is from her role in Hunger Games (but not sure).

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/t...character.html