Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Senior Member Silver Poster

Default Re: Kathleen Sebelius: Good Luck In Your Future Endeavors

I switched Insurance companies last year, home and car, to AMICA.

They seem more expensive, but they are a coop and send you a rebate at the end of the year. Best of all, they work for the insurer, not the OWNER. The insurers are the owners.
    When you wreck your car you get the factory replacement parts ....no bickering with mechanics over every dime.
    And when your kitchen floor rots from water damage, they don't send out two hillbilly kids with a hangover, and skip fixing the real expensive damage.

World Class Asshole

The "failures" were pretty limited. Yes, in the States that refused the Medicare extension, coverage for middle class and poorer citizens isn't as good or as cheap as it could be.
    well what about Oregon, Colorado, Conn, Mary all had the extension....last I heard Or. had failed to sign up a single person to the ACA....

But, out of 7.1 million, have we gotten accurate numbers of the percentage who actually paid?
    how many of the 7.1 M were kicked off their plans because they didn't qualify as adequate plans thru ACA

this will be a huge disaster down the road.

0 out of 2 members liked this post.

Hung Angel Platinum Poster trish's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ILuvGurls View Post
    well what about Oregon, Colorado, Conn, Mary all had the extension....last I heard Or. had failed to sign up a single person to the ACA....
    Not a single person! Wow! That's an amazing hyperbole! Last I heard there were over 59000 signed up in Oregon alone. ,
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	aca_chart_140413.jpg 
Views:	86 
Size:	337.2 KB 
ID:	711057  

1 out of 1 members liked this post.
    "...I no longer believe that people's secrets are defined and communicable, or their feelings full-blown and easy to recognize."_Alice Munro, Chaddeleys and Flemings.

"...the order in creation which you see is that which you have put there, like a string in a maze, so that you shall not lose your way". _Judge Holden, Cormac McCarthy's, BLOOD MERIDIAN.

Marjorie Taylor Greene Is A Nice Lady Platinum Poster Dino Velvet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dino Velvet View Post
    But, out of 7.1 million, have we gotten accurate numbers of the percentage who actually paid? How many of those people had no insurance before? When someone signs up are they covered?
    All I want is information that we should all be asking for.

Junior Poster

This whole thing is such a mess that I don't trust any data- especially from the government. Minimal is being said about the affects on the providers, AKA evil doctors.

Doctor's billing staff, usually (1) person in small offices, are spending more than half their day trying to verify insurance coverage. Office managers tell me they have never seen such a mess in trying to get information. Payment to some doctors is behind (3)+ months. One office had to hit their revolver to make payroll.

Being forced into electronic records is costing over $160k for two offices that I interact with. Record data must be kept in off-site servers (so the fed's can get their hands on it).

This is a complete, fucking mess!! No wonder Obama delayed implementing chunks of it until after the next election. Their ultimate goal is government health care. Then you will have real healthcare. Bwaahhaahhaa.

1 out of 4 members liked this post.

Have we gotten an update on this(video below link) from Jay Carney?

http://washingtonexaminer.com/carney...rticle/2547202

Junior Poster

Quote Originally Posted by 95racer View Post
    Incompetent fuck!! But what else would you expect from government. Actually this is probably resume enhancement. She'll show up at a higher level position somewhere else in DC.
    Told ya.......

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/04/17/us...lius.html?_r=1

1 out of 3 members liked this post.

Quote Originally Posted by 95racer View Post
    Y'know, I thought this was from The Onion at first. Kathleen Sebelius must be in more denial and have her head stuck even deeper in sand than worshipers of her former boss. I also encourage her to run.

Hung Angel Platinum Poster trish's Avatar

That article gets your dander up? Really?? Will she even decide to run in Kansas? Probably not. It's pure speculation at this point. But she just set up one of the largest government programs ever. One that Americans will be very reluctant to give up once the benefits come rolling in. She succeeded in spite of Republican States and Governors setting up roadblocks and dragging their heels the whole fucking way. Oh there was a bug in the most one the largest and most integrated government websites ever constructed coordinating thousands of private insurers and States with hundreds of thousands of users. It got fixed. Who has their head in the sand? The Congressional Republicans who tried to repeal the ACA forty odd times and failed.

Are all the premiums paid yet? They're not due yet. Let's not move the goal posts.

"...I no longer believe that people's secrets are defined and communicable, or their feelings full-blown and easy to recognize."_Alice Munro, Chaddeleys and Flemings.

"...the order in creation which you see is that which you have put there, like a string in a maze, so that you shall not lose your way". _Judge Holden, Cormac McCarthy's, BLOOD MERIDIAN.

When someone's dander is up doesn't it usually mean they are more upset than delighted?