Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Verified account Silver Poster Ben in LA's Avatar

Default MJs in Los Angeles

Yup, another LA venue has closed. New ownership apparently has taken over MJs in Silverlake, changing the name to 2810 Lounge...which means no more Tgirls (and gays on other nights). I know the Silverlake area is a hipster spot, but damn.

Personally I won't miss it since I hadn't attended in quite a while due to work. But still, yet another Tgirl spot is gone. All that's left now is Hamburger Mary's Long Beach on Tuesdays (and the first Saturday of the month), Cobra on Thursdays, Oxwood (if you like CDs) on Saturdays, and some spot called T-Zone at Executive Suites in Long Beach on Wednesdays.

The LA area is really lacking with venues now. A shame AND an embarrassment considering all of the hotness we have loving in and near the city...

Default Re: MJs in Los Angeles

Quote Originally Posted by Ben in LA View Post
    The LA area is really lacking with venues now. A shame AND an embarrassment considering all of the hotness we have loving in and near the city...

Freudian slip, Ben?

A friend of mine told me a few days ago that it was closing. I had never gone, but she (my friend), said it wasn't her cup of tea. Yes Ben, it is a shame that our Tgirl bars are disappearing here in L.A. We can only hope that a few will open up soon. I miss Peanuts, The Yukon, and the gritty Blacklite. Until the future...

Quote Originally Posted by maxpower View Post
    Freudian slip, Ben?
    I blame my damn iPad keyboard...

Rookie Poster

Wow. Havent gone for a while myself. Due to work but i agree whats happening to LA. Miss the old days. No peanuts. No bluemoon. Only cobra we need someone to.come.to the rescue.

ladude !!!

Fridays are still open. Just need the right venue in the perfect place...

Senior Member Junior Poster SmithXXX's Avatar

Tuesdays at Hamburger Mary's is pretty decent although the crowd has changed with the new location. Mostly TV/CD scene along with gays & lesbians. Not as many TSs as Cobra or Oxwood, but still a great crowd and a lot of fun.
    Wednesday at Executive suites in LBC I heard are really dead ��
    Wednesday at Oxwood is a pool tournament at 10pm and quite a few TSs show up around 11:30/12:00ish
    Thursdays at Cobra are pretty fun good crowd same old show though, but all around still a great place to hang out and have a fun time.
    Friday - nada, nothin, zip, zilch
    Saturday at Oxwood have been picking up with more TSs still fun ace to hang out.

2 out of 2 members liked this post.
    Blog: www.otola.net/3ballphoto
    Twitter: @3ballsmith

Junior Poster

There is just nothing better than Cobra on a Thursday night. Plenty of beautiful women and just a lot of friendly people to talk to and have a great evening.

Did I mention that their are lots and lots of beautiful women!!

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

I hate to sound like a broken record, but as long as the "working girls" dominate the trans club scene, it will continue to die!

I went to the old Peanuts, and Cobra 1 back in the day. Back then, you could actually meet a trans girl who wasn't a hooker. Sure, there were working girls there too, but not like i is now.

Non working girls have long since broken away from the trans club scene. They have spread out into str8 clubs and seamlessly fade in. They don't want to be associated with prostitutes, nor do they want to be approached as one which they often are when going to one of these trans clubs today.

Also, the working girls give a lot shit to the girls who aren't "charging" for it too, thus, making them not want to deal with the bull shit and drama that comes along with the working girls.

Guys don't want to go to a club to find hookers, they have the internet for that now. Guys interested in dating trans women want to go to a club to meet non-working girls. Since that doesn't exist, they don't go, hence why the trans club scene is dying!

2 out of 2 members liked this post.

Senior Member Junior Poster

I disagree. I think the percent of working girls has always been the same. There just seems to be less. I'm not sure why, I'm thinking it's the economy and it will come back.